• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3A STATE Local Flavor and Guide

Started by Brian G, February 26, 2017, 10:34:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian G

February 26, 2017, 10:34:12 am Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 10:36:53 am by B.G.
Post any info for fans here that might be useful.  That can be directions, hotels, food places and more.

Lrbasketballguru

The Bulldog Cafe is cheap and good, but will probably be crowded as well.

Brian G

Also share website, facebook, twitter, live feed and broadcast links relevant to this event.

tigerblood

Who dats, Cajun resturant. Its expensive, but its the best cajun food around!

Bwana

All motels and eating places are on the main street through town 367/167.. There are a couple of motels in town that are clean and well maintained.. For food there is Subway & Pizza at the Exxon truck stop and a Sonic plus the Phillips 66 serves a lunch buffet these are on 167 N of the freeway.. On 367 south of the freeway there is McDonalds, The Bulldog Drive-In, Who Dats (which does serve a lunch buffet for around $10), El Palenque, Pizza Depot (drive thru) and Market Café (really good plate dinners for around $7).. There will also be excellent food served at the gym.. Also Searcy is only 10 miles down the freeway and has tons of motels and all kinds of eating places.. Also don't panic about parking at the school, they will have attendees and shuttles so you won't have to walk very far..

Brian G

February 26, 2017, 12:46:15 pm #5 Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 03:59:44 pm by B.G.
Quote from: Bwana on February 26, 2017, 12:38:18 pm
There will also be excellent food served at the gym..

All good info.  Thanks!

I keep the highlighted portion to emphasize.  Concession workers are so appreciated and the money made there is pretty much the only financial benefit to hosting for the school.

Lrbasketballguru

Let's always have it at bald knob. Good food, great people and most centrally located big gym!

Head Lion

Get the coconut pie at the Bulldog, delicious!

1-Adam-12

The Bulldog has the best shakes in the state of Arkansas.

thabeast428

Who Dats is by far one of the best I ever ate, use to stop there every year when going to Batesville

Bwana

Also wanted to remind those traveling from Conway to Beebe on Hwy 64 that there is construction going on and delays can be expected.. Last week I had to wait almost 30 minutes at one spot.. Just give yourself some extra time if your coming from that direction..

Skip Baymore

February 27, 2017, 11:39:21 pm #11 Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 11:45:59 pm by Skip Baymore
Like some others have said, the Bull Dog is real good fast food with famous milk shakes.  Who Dat's is great authentic Cajun, but is expensive and open only on Thurs Fri and Sat eves, I think.  Ten minutes away, coming back to Searcy, take the first Searcy exit and there is a little bit of everything within a mile - Mexican, Chinese, Italian, Coltons, Rib Crib, Chick Fila, and a place called the Hubulai Grill which is great and most people here cant seem to get enough of it.  And all the classics are close, Wendy's, Sonic, McD's (which is also in Bald Knob)  B.K. and Taco heck, I mean Bell.  Plenty of choices not far from the Tournament.  Anyway, havent been on here in a while but know the area and wanted to offer this up.  And I'm kind of hungry right now and thinking of some of these places.  Skip.

TRgators11

yummy yummy, gonna go have some good food and watch some good basketball today

TheTruth2010

Anyone know what if the Lamar/Drew Central game will be on the radio? Or streaming somewhere?

CoolBreeze

I haven't been there in a couple of years, but BK concession stand used to serve great chicken strips. Generous sized, too.

Also, if you leave the gym, it's only ten minutes or so to Searcy. Chick-Fil-A, Mickey D's, Burger King, etc., are handy to the Race St. exit.

noties

Live stream of all games provided by Bald Knob EAST program. http://thecube.com/cube/bald-knob-schools

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas