• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tuckerman vs. Marshall

Started by xadboy, February 26, 2017, 03:10:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

xadboy

Lrbasketballguru

Seen them both, and I like Tuckerman in this one. 4 guys capable of scoring 20, play extremely hard, good pressure on defense. Also flying under the radar, making them even more dangerous. Tuckerman by 15.

Baller_34

I've seen them both and if Marshall is on it will b a toss up.

BannerMountainMan

neds

Is Bub the Tuckerman point guard?

Baller100

February 26, 2017, 04:26:12 pm #5 Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 04:33:17 pm by Baller100
I think he is Marshall's post player. About 6'4. If Marshall is healthy, it will be a great game. They have a great bunch of shooters and he is an excellent rebounder. I'm taking Marshall in a close one.

BannerMountainMan

He will post you up and have you posterized..and then that night he will have you on the wall in his poster

jackets101

he's a defensive presence but anyone guarding him can back off and help unless they are specifically posting him up.

BigMan15

One of the best first round matchups I'll take Tuckerman by 5

biglion1985

Not downing anyone but I wasn't impressed with his posting abilities this past week

jackets101

Quote from: biglion1985 on February 26, 2017, 09:59:28 pm
Not downing anyone but I wasn't impressed with his posting abilities this past week
all he really does is try to block shots. not an offensive threat

bobcats

Quote from: jackets101 on February 27, 2017, 10:01:53 am
all he really does is try to block shots. not an offensive threat

He doesn't try, he blocks shots and a lot of them.  He also averages over 10 rebounds per game plus 7 or 8 pts.

JimmyChitwood

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on February 26, 2017, 03:47:06 pm
Bub will eat em up
If Tuckerman doesn't man up inside, Bub Deckard and John Taylor will score inside leaving Loggins and Jennings open for threes when the defense has to collapse. Should be a good one. Marshall is well-coached.

Lrbasketballguru

Tuckerman PG will win this game for them. Most athletic kid on floor and will attract attention, leaving their very quick (referring to their release) shooters open.

RedWolf275

I've seen them both and I like Tuckerman but not by a lot

Head Lion

Marshall is very well coached & were a lil banged up last week, I could see this one being close.

JacketDad

Are there any teams that played both Marshall and Tuckerman this year?  I know it won't tell the whole picture but could give some insight.  I have seen Tuckerman play and if they are on they will be tough to beat.  I think Episcopal would tell you that this Tuckerman team is one of the best 3A teams they have played all year.

neds

Episcopal played both. They beat Marshall at their place earlier in the season.
True, they felt Tuckerman was the best 3A team they played this year - so far.

bobcats

My question is if Tuckerman is so good, how did they lose twice to an average 3A Mountain View?

Greyhound24

I guess you have a bad night. Kinda like losing to a below average Highland team. No in all seriousness Tuckerman has played well since first of February. Sophomore pg has figured it out and 4 other starters who are juniors have grown up. Also have a Sr who is playing really well off the bench. Have gotten hot at the right time.

bobcats

I would be the first to tell you that Marshall plays up or down to the competition.  That will get you beat by some not very good teams.  Marshall is generally a bunch of overachievers.  Not very big but they do play hard.

Warriors14

So if Tuckerman is not very good will Marshall be playing down to Tuckermans level of competition thus losing to not a very good Tuckerman team?

bobcats

Quote from: Warriors14 on March 01, 2017, 11:05:01 am
So if Tuckerman is not very good will Marshall be playing down to Tuckermans level of competition thus losing to not a very good Tuckerman team?

Never said they were not good.  Those are your words, not mine.  Tuckerman may well win it all.  Marshall will have to play way over their heads to keep it close.  Tuckerman should win by 20 or more.

Warriors14

A little sarcastic but ok lol my point is if you made it to the tournament then odds are your a good team because your there for a reason. looking forward to getting to watch some what should be great games this week good luck to both teams!

bobcats

PeedeecreekBoy99

i have seen marshall play several times this season, i have not seen tuckerman play, i will say Marshall has some really well players and a great coach in my opinion. Loggins is capable of scoring 20+.....with Bub down low and jennings who can bury the three this team can be dangerous. i hope they dont get overlooked becuase they are capable of making a run.

JacketDad

JacketDad

Halftime  Tuckerman up 18-12

neds

Sounds like it's Tuckerman's pace that's controlling the tempo

JacketDad

Quote from: neds on March 02, 2017, 06:08:48 pm
Sounds like it's Tuckerman's pace that's controlling the tempo
Slow down, small ball.  First half went their way.

neds

If Tuckerman keeps the lead they will win

TheTruth2010

Quote from: neds on March 02, 2017, 06:21:38 pm
If Tuckerman keeps the lead they will win
Thats normally how that works, isn't it?

JacketDad

End of three Tuckerman 32-26

neds

JacketDad

Tuckerman wins 41-39.  Great game.

neds

Lee Kingsnatch

March 02, 2017, 06:53:31 pm #36 Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 01:29:49 pm by Lee Kingsnatch

neds

Tuckerman vs Jessievilee will be a very interesting game. Two disciplined teams that will match closely in styles. Both well coached. This one will be worth the price of admission.

bobcats

March 02, 2017, 07:04:22 pm #38 Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 03:13:42 pm by bobcats
Congratulations to Tuckerman.  Marshall 3 pts shooters got their shots, just could not get them to fall tonight.  On a bright note, Marshall had a stud 9th grade team this year so the future looks bright.  One of them played a lot minutes tonight and scored 11 points.

PeedeecreekBoy99

Yes and with great coaching they got a future for sure!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas