• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A West-Central Regional at Pangburn

Started by AT, February 19, 2017, 11:47:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

AT

February 19, 2017, 11:47:29 am Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 11:27:09 pm by Almatrackster
Girls Bracket

Quarter-Finals
(Game 1) JC-Westside - 42 vs. Hector - 46

(Game 2) Conway Christian - 59 vs. Magazine - 46

(Game 3) Quitman - 64 vs. Mountainburg - 22

(Game 4) Hackett - 37 vs. Pangburn - 46

Semi-Finals
(Game 5) Hector - 42 vs. Conway Christian - 34

(Game 6) Quitman - 69 vs. Pangburn - 64

3rd Place Game
(Game 7) Conway Christian - 54 vs. Pangburn - 59

Championship Game
(Game 8 ) Hector - 23 vs. Quitman - 59

AT

February 19, 2017, 11:50:49 am #1 Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 11:27:34 pm by Almatrackster
Boys Bracket

Quarter-Finals
(Game 1) Lavaca - 58 vs. St. Joseph - 28

(Game 2) Jacksonville Lighthouse - 72 vs. Eureka Springs - 38

(Game 3) White County Central - 68 vs. Danville - 48

(Game 4) Magazine - 31 vs. England - 64

Semi-Finals
(Game 5) Lavaca - 59 vs. Jacksonville Lighthouse - 80

(Game 6) White County Central - 35 vs. England - 36

3rd Place Game
(Game 7) Lavaca - 43 vs. White County Central - 57

Championship Game
(Game 8 ) Jacksonville Lighthouse - 52 vs. England - 48

MICHAELSPAPPY

Lavaca boys looked awfully good last night. Noticeably better than anyone else in the district.

AT

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on February 19, 2017, 01:25:17 pm
Lavaca boys looked awfully good last night. Noticeably better than anyone else in the district.

With Lavaca's junior high and this senior high team, the Golden Arrows look to have some good years in the future and they look to be staying in 2A unlike Danville who I think will be bumped back up to 3A.

dentist15

February 20, 2017, 08:15:16 am #4 Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 08:21:07 am by dentist15
Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on February 19, 2017, 01:25:17 pm

When they are shooting the ball well, they are a tough team (hence: beating 3A-4 district champs Lamar @ Lamar, and their two games in their district tournament). But, the 2A-4 West is definitely not a very talented district this year, so it's easy to look strong. They had trouble with 1A County Line both times they played them (granted, CL is a very good 1A team). The Golden Arrows better come out strong against St. Joe's, who has played some tough teams (WCC, England) pretty close recently and could very well have a "breakout" game to upset the 1-seed. Hopefully not, but never write off a 4-seed who has competed well as of late.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: dentist15 on February 20, 2017, 08:15:16 am
But, the 2A-4 West is definitely not a very talented district this year, so it's easy to look strong.

When you play a good 3-point shooting team, you can't give them any room to shoot, and someone needs to be in their face all the time, and that wasn't happening very much this weekend. If you don't, you have only yourself to blame.

Ctucker

I think this regional has 4 teams that could win it maybe 5. I thank the favorites would be WCC,England and Lighthouse. But Conway St Joe and lavaca could possibly win it.

bigworm

Quote from: Ctucker on February 21, 2017, 04:44:54 pm
I think this regional has 4 teams that could win it maybe 5. I thank the favorites would be WCC,England and Lighthouse. But Conway St Joe and lavaca could possibly win it.

I would agree. Gonna be a good tournament . The hot team will win it. And i believe the state tourny will be the same way. There are a few teams that could win it. No clear favorite unless the unbeaten eagles are as good as their record would indicate. I think they are good, but i also think any of the top 5 or 6 teams could beat them if they slip up.

AT

I know my original post didn't really show the order of the games very well, so I'll go ahead and post them in a chronological order here:

Wednesday, February 22nd
4:00 PM - Girls - JC-Westside vs. Hector
5:30 PM - Boys - Lavaca vs. St. Joseph
7:00 PM - Girls - Quitman vs. Mountainburg
8:30 PM - Boys - White County Central vs. Danville

Tom88us

AT

Sounds like I missed a good game. Too bad I was stuck in a traffic jam on my way home for 2.5 hours.

AT

Ctucker

Lavaca is for real good looking bunch I hope they don't shoot that good all the time.

AT

Quote from: Ctucker on February 22, 2017, 06:56:23 pm
Lavaca is for real good looking bunch I hope they don't shoot that good all the time.

More often than not, they do. Great shooting team.

AT

Girls

Quitman - 64
Mountainburg - 22

FINAL

HorseFeathers

AT

Boys

White County Central - 68
Danville - 48

FINAL

AT

Girls

Conway Christian - 59
Magazine - 46

FINAL

AT

Boys

Jacksonville Lighthouse - 72
Eureka Springs - 38

FINAL

keohog

BigLion10 if you're at the game please give updates.

BigLion10

Rackjack74

Rackjack74

AT

On the girls side, the 2A-4 East sweeps the 2A-4 West.

Rackjack74

Rackjack74

AT

Boys

England - 64
Magazine - 31

FINAL

The 2A-4 West only gets one win in the tournament between boys and girls with Lavaca's boys. East was very strong this year.

AT

The two original posts in this thread have been updated to show the next round of games.

Friday, February 24th, Semi-Final Schedule
Hector vs. Conway Christian - Girls - 4:00 PM
Lavaca vs. Jacksonville Lighthouse - Boys - 5:30 PM
Quitman vs. Pangburn - Girls - 7:00 PM
White County Central vs. England - Boys - 8:30 PM

keohog

Thanks Alma and rackjack for the updates.

Ctucker

That should be some great boys games.I think it will just be whoever has best game all 4 teams are Capable of winning you good get 4th in this region pretty easy!

Donnie Jamon

Same with the North region. MT vs Clarendon and Epc vs Earle. Prob 4 of the top 6 or 7 teams in 2A

Ctucker

If you don't come ready in any of this games you will get beat.were real young I hope we don't play scared. We won district but stakes are getting higher now. This is first time our boys have ever made state we have had several chances finally broke through I hope we just don't settle for that.

Donnie Jamon

Yeah Epc has to Beat Brinkley first tho lol

BigLion10

dc3

AT

Girls

Hector - 42
Conway Christian - 34

FINAL

Arrow Supporter

Does anyone know of a live link to watch the games online. Our school shared a link that some were able to use during the first game, but I cannot get it to work. It is the Heber Springs CSN tv link.

Rackjack74

Rackjack74

Rackjack74

Rackjack74

Girls
Quitman 69
Pangburn 64
Final after OT

Rackjack74

Mj4465

I'm just curious.  Is there any oversight on the officiating.  It seems like it gets worse every year.  The ones calling the Pangburn/Quitman game tonite were absolutely terrible.  They called so many fouls both ways it was ridiculous.  At what point are they going to let them play.  It was almost as if I was watching a peewee game. I'm just wondering if anyone with authority ever watches a game and maybe tries to constructively criticize the officials. 

Buzzer Beater

Rackjack74

Boys
WCC 35
England 35
After 4 going into OT

Rackjack74

Quote from: Mj4465 on February 24, 2017, 09:26:35 pm
I'm just curious.  Is there any oversight on the officiating.  It seems like it gets worse every year.  The ones calling the Pangburn/Quitman game tonite were absolutely terrible.  They called so many fouls both ways it was ridiculous.  At what point are they going to let them play.  It was almost as if I was watching a peewee game. I'm just wondering if anyone with authority ever watches a game and maybe tries to constructively criticize the officials.

Calling during last boys game more of the same.

Buzzer Beater

Donnie Jamon

Officiating ain't better at other places. Sad but we know they suck so not surprised

Rackjack74

Buzzer Beater

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas