• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4-4A District Tournament at Subiaco

Started by 1-Adam-12, February 12, 2017, 09:39:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

1-Adam-12

Here's my take, based on what I've seen and heard.

Game 1--Subiaco vs. Waldron (B)--Waldron are not without their chances.  I'm hearing that the Bulldogs may move up one or more of their Jr. High players, who had a very successful season including a convincing win over Charleston. But with the game at Subi and the good guards they have, paired with good coaching, I'm taking the Trojans.

Game 2--West Fork vs. Waldron (G)--West Fork has only lost two games this season.  They should have little trouble against a very young Waldron team.  Lady Tigers easily.

Game 3--Pottsville vs. Dover (B)--I have not seen Pottsville this season, but they have played Dover twice and came out with relatively easy wins both times.  The Pirates can, in all probability, get ready for what should be another excellent baseball season.  Apaches roll.

Game 4--Dardanelle vs. Dover (G)--The last game between these two was very close, with Dardanelle escaping with a two-point win on their home floor.  The Lady Lizards, though, own a win over Pottsville.  I'm going to take Dardanelle in what could again be a close one.

Game 5--Dardanelle vs. Booneville (B)--Both teams have very good wins and puzzling losses.  Dardanelle owns a road win over Lamar, but could not escape Two Rivers. Booneville has two wins against Charleston and one over Subiaco, but has lost to Magazine.  It could be a case of which team shows up for each side, and I'm anticipating a close game.  You know who I'm taking.  They wear purple and gold.

Game 6--Pottsville vs. Booneville (G)--Pottsville's girls play very solid defense at times, holding Dardanelle to 16 points in a game earlier this season. That said, they have also lost to the Lady Lizards.  For Booneville to have any chance at all, the Lady Apaches will have to be off, and the LadyCat guards have to come up big.  Love to see an upset, but Pottsville is favored and rightly so.

Game 7--Ozark vs. West Fork (B)--Ozark is going to have to recover in a hurry from the beating they took at the hands of Charleston on their Senior Night.  West Fork may be 16-10, same as Booneville, but a lot of their wins were in what looked to be a mainly weak combined conference.  The quality teams WF has faced have had little problem with the Tigers.  Going with Ozark in this one. 

What say you?

WattsOzark

Sounds about right, but I heard WF girls lost Friday @ Lincoln.

1-Adam-12

February 12, 2017, 11:53:36 am #2 Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 12:01:14 pm by 1-Adam-12
If that happened it doesn't show on Maxpreps.  But that would be an embarrassing loss.

My prediction still holds.  Waldron doesn't have enough firepower to trouble them.  In fact West Fork beat them handily at the Mansfield tournament.

But in a probable matchup against Pottsville in the semis, the Lady Tigers may be in too deep.

(((Subi2Sweet)))

Subiaco usually Live Streams their games. I am not sure if they are planning on Live Streaming all the games. If they are I will try and get the link put on here.

BigMan15

I am picking an upset!! Ill go Waldron Boys over Subi! Those two jr boys could help a ton and Subi being at home could possibly overlook them! Waldron 41-40

(((Subi2Sweet)))

1-Adam-12

The Brown kid for Waldron could make somewhat of a difference. I was told he averaged 25+ a game, and he scored 22 in one quarter against us at their place.  In our two games with Waldron, Brown scored 30 and 29 and in each game played only three quarters.

I don't think it will be enough to overcome the home court advantage Subi enjoys or the experienced guards they have; it will depend on if Brown can make his teammates better.  If he's good enough he could take some pressure off Chrisman and others.

Hog-fan

SubiSpectator

1-Adam-12

WF beat Waldron 60-25 in the girls game.

Pottsville has a comfortable lead on Dover in the 4Q.

(((Subi2Sweet)))

Tuesday Games:
Girls
#4 Dardanelle v. #5 Dover @ 4:00 PM (winner will play #1 Ozark Thursday @ 7:00 PM)

#3 Pottsville v. #6 Booneville @ 7:00 PM (winner will play #2 West Fork Thursday @ 4:00 PM)

Boys
#4 Dardanelle v. #5 Booneville @ 5:30 PM (winner will play #1 Pottsville Thursday @ 8:30 PM)

#3 Ozark v. #6 West Fork @ 8:30 PM (winner will play #2 Subiaco Thursday @ 5:30 PM)

BigMan15

The Bearcats vs the Sandlizards should be a great game!! Ill take Booneville by 5!

SubiSpectator

Ole Legend

1-Adam-12

What a game.  Each team wins 5 times if they play 10.  Dardanelle's turn tonight, congrats and good luck.

Cats came back from 10 down and had a shot at the end to force OT, just wouldn't go.

Pottsville's girls were just too much for the LadyCats. (64-28)  The girls battled hard, just Pottsville had much more talent and depth.

Best of luck to those who remain.  See y'all on the softball board in a couple of weeks, or for those so inclined, over on the all-soccer thread.

1-Adam-12

In the final game tonight a big shocker, not just because of the seeding but because of the margin. 

West Fork boys over Ozark by 21.

StevenGlen

So on the Ladies side our District will be sending Ozark, Dardanelle, West Fork, and Pottsville to the Regional Tournament.  On the Men's side Pottsville, Dardanelle, Subiaco, and West Fork will represent the 4-4A.  I was looking at the 1-4A District Tournament thread to see if I could get results from their tournament, what a bad idea.  There were few results posted but a social media type fire storm over seeding, and changes related to Shiloh's Boys team.  Ugh.......

By the way thank you to the Administration at Subiaco for allowing those of us doing radio broadcasts to piggyback our calls on their live stream webcasts.  I hope the fans who can not get out to the games enjoy the online "broadcasts".

(((Subi2Sweet)))

Quote from: StevenGlen on February 15, 2017, 02:52:01 pm
So on the Ladies side our District will be sending Ozark, Dardanelle, West Fork, and Pottsville to the Regional Tournament.  On the Men's side Pottsville, Dardanelle, Subiaco, and West Fork will represent the 4-4A.  I was looking at the 1-4A District Tournament thread to see if I could get results from their tournament, what a bad idea.  There were few results posted but a social media type fire storm over seeding, and changes related to Shiloh's Boys team.  Ugh.......

By the way thank you to the Administration at Subiaco for allowing those of us doing radio broadcasts to piggyback our calls on their live stream webcasts.  I hope the fans who can not get out to the games enjoy the online "broadcasts".
I found this on the 1-4A forum. THe Gravette/Prairie Grove game looks like it might be good!

If anyone wants to watch the Gravette/Prairie Grove girls game at 4:00 and/or the Gravette/Gentry boys game at 5:30 here is the link where you can watch it. It is completely free.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCweql1JcO7jp4GfxRxvOtwA

beach bum

The West Fork boys win by that margin is a surprise... They have themselves a chance at state with that win cause hosting regionals you always have to give a team a puncher's chance with the home crowd in big games. They find a way to win one more at district and I like their chances a lot at state.

Wendell Robinson

February 15, 2017, 10:02:17 pm #19 Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 10:13:29 pm by Wendell Robinson
Regional teams are set from both sides, the 1-4A will be sending Huntsville, Pea Ridge, Gravette, and Shiloh from the boys side.
Girls teams are Huntsville, Berryville, Gravette, and Pea Ridge. Games resume on Friday at 4 and close out on Saturday.

(((Subi2Sweet)))

So Shiloh making a fuss might have helped them?

Wendell Robinson

Maybe. Gravette didn't play particularly well tonight against Gentry. If they had been playing Shiloh they may have lost. Shiloh has been playing really good basketball as of late, winning 8 of their last 9.

That said, I don't think they stand a chance against Huntsville on Friday.

StevenGlen

February 16, 2017, 09:20:11 am #22 Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 09:26:58 am by StevenGlen
Quote from: Wendell Robinson on February 15, 2017, 10:02:17 pm
Regional teams are set from both sides, the 1-4A will be sending Huntsville, Pea Ridge, Gravette, and Shiloh from the boys side.
Girls teams are Huntsville, Berryville, Gravette, and Pea Ridge. Games resume on Friday at 4 and close out on Saturday.

Thank you for this information.  Play resumes today in the 4-4A Today at 4:00.  Check the Subiaco LiveStream link earlier in this thread for webcasts.  Both Pottsville will be radio broadcast on 100.9 KWKK. 

springdalesmitty

Huntsville, Pea Ridge and Gravette all having both teams in is pretty cool.

(((Subi2Sweet)))

Games on deck at Subiaco:
Girls
#2 West Fork v. #3 Pottsville at 4:00 pm
#1 Ozark v. #4 Dardanelle at 7:00 pm

Boys
#2 Subiaco v. #3 Ozark at 5:30 pm
#1 Pottsville v. #4 Dardanelle at 8:30 pm

AirItOut21

Quote from: (((Subi2Sweet))) on February 16, 2017, 09:30:06 am
Games on deck at Subiaco:
Girls
#2 West Fork v. #3 Pottsville at 4:00 pm
#1 Ozark v. #4 Dardanelle at 7:00 pm

Boys
#2 Subiaco v. #3 Ozark at 5:30 pm
#1 Pottsville v. #4 Dardanelle at 8:30 pm

I thought West fork beat Ozark on the boys side

OOps

I believe Subiaco plays West Fork tonight. West Fork beat Ozark on Tuesday. That combined conference Ozark and Subi were in must have not been as tough as everyone thought. Subiaco is the only team left. I also saw where Paris had a close game against Atkins. Atkins was by far the worst team in the other side of the combined conference.

SubiSpectator

The games tonight will be broadcast live and can be found at the following link:

https://livestream.com/accounts/9706132/events/7021465

hillbilly

Hog-fan

Hog-fan

Ozark Hog

Pottsville girls  beat West Fork, who won Ozark -Dardanelle game??

The Coach

WattsOzark

Gray lizard

Pottsville boys won over Dardanelle.  I left with about 4 minutes left and Pottsville had a big lead. Not sure of the final score.  So that makes a Subiaco vs Pottsville final.

StevenGlen

If you enjoy high school basketball let me encourage you to attend any of the games Saturday at Subiaco, but especially the night session which will decide a District Championship for the boys and girls and will have the host Trojans in the late game.  If you have never attended a game at Subiaco's Rust Gymnasium, you have missed an amazing atmosphere.  It seems like the entire Subiaco Student body attends the games.  However, it is more than attending, they stand and yell for their guys the entire game.  Last night between games I was broadcasting I was able to sit in the Subiaco Alumni section, which is considerate, and join them in cheering.  I may have looked funny wearing black and gold in a sea of orange and blue, but it was too much fun to resist.  I have a good friend who is an Alum of Subiaco and he and his group just pulled me right in.  My what fun!!!!  Should you want to attend the games Saturday night let me suggest that you arrive early.  Pottsville and Ozark are both schools that travel well to support their teams, and it really is a "home" game for Subiaco. 

Gray lizard

Steven
You forgot one thing. That building was hot as ____ in the stands.
If I make it through the Pottsville black and gold pee wee games. I hope to make it on over.

SubiSpectator

The games at Subiaco will be broadcast starting at 2:00 on Saturday afternoon.  Also, I heard that the heat problem has been fixed in the gym and it should be much cooler. 

https://livestream.com/Subiaco/events/7026326

(((Subi2Sweet)))

West Fork girls beat Dardanelle in the 3rd place games. Dardanelle boys up 22 to 17 over west fork at the half.

x14113

Payback for last season?

Girls:
Ozark 62
Pottsville 51

Hog-fan

Pottsville boys win the District Championship over Subi 54-27

StevenGlen

Thank you to everyone at Subiaco for hosting a fantastic 4-4A tournament!  The evening session had packed stands for every team involved.  My job was made quite easy by the hard work done by the folks in Trojan land.  It was humbling for Subiaco to ask if they could carry my Pottsville radio broadcasts on their Web Casts.  The food in the courtesy room for those of us working the event was simply amazing!  Corn bread and fried chicken, yes PLEASE!!! 

Sincerely,
Steven Glen
Voice of the Apaches.

Ozark Hog

Congratulations to all the teams that made it to the next round and good luck to all. But who you beat to get there doesn't matter if you don't win the state title you just come in second!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas