• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Basketball coaching jobs

Started by Moneymike, February 05, 2017, 10:12:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian G

Missco

basketballcoach15

I saw where Gosnell, Yellville-Summit, and Smackover were posted as open today. Any rumors or inside information on there jobs?

OB11

Quote from: ASURedWolf235 on April 12, 2017, 12:09:58 pm
Gosnell Boys HC just opened. Coach Porter going to be the 7th Grade boys coach at MacArthur (Jonesboro) Junior High.

HawgDaddy

Quote from: basketballcoach15 on April 12, 2017, 09:00:11 pm
I saw where Gosnell, Yellville-Summit, and Smackover were posted as open today. Any rumors or inside information on there jobs?

Yellville-Summit has three starters and two key reserves back from a district champion.  Their three best players are going to be juniors next year.  They have a great facility as well.  Historically, been a pretty tough place on basketball coaches, but they've made the regionals the past two seasons (6 trips in the last 25 years).  Coincidentally, their football program has had the worst 4 year stretch in history, so makes sense that basketball is trending up. Some good folks live and work in that community, but it is a small town with dwindling numbers.

Sports1511

"Gosnell Boys HC just opened. Coach Porter going to be the 7th Grade boys coach at MacArthur (Jonesboro) Junior High."

He will be an assistant.

AngieParnell

bobcats

Jessieville girls is open according to the school website.

basketballcoach15

Two Rivers and Yellville-County boys

bluegrassboy75

Quote from: basketballcoach15 on April 19, 2017, 08:41:11 am
Two Rivers and Yellville-County boys

Western Yell County or Yellville-Summitt?

Longfellow

Big difference in Western Yell and Yellville

bluegrassboy75

Quote from: Longfellow on April 19, 2017, 09:39:02 am
Big difference in Western Yell and Yellville

That is why I asked.  I never heard of Yellville County.  I know that Y-S is in Marion County.

basketballcoach15

My apologies. Yellville-Summit.

old.dole

Any rumors going about possible candidates for these jobs?

Brian G

Rogers and Bentonville are filled.
See 7A board for details

ricepig

Quote from: OB11 on April 12, 2017, 01:32:04 pm
Wow. Gosnell was big on hiring him because he agreed to move their. Only stayed a year.

Where did Campbell go at Mac?

Never mind, I read the thread.

Googlymoogly

April 20, 2017, 11:18:23 pm #66 Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 11:23:09 pm by Googlymoogly
Quote from: bluegrassboy75 on April 19, 2017, 10:00:42 am
That is why I asked.  I never heard of Yellville County.  I know that Y-S is in Marion County.
Both Yell County and Yellville is named after the same guy, Archibald Yell. He was the second governor of Arkansas. But Yellville is not in Yell County.
Lots of places in Arkansas are like that... Benton is not in Benton County, though Bentonville is. Conway is not in Conway County. Johnson is not in Johnson County. Searcy is not in Searcy County, Marion is not in Marion County, Hot Springs is not in Hot Spring County, Clarksville is not in Clark County, Van Buren is not in Van Buren County, Lincoln is not in Lincoln County....

bluegrassboy75

Quote from: Googlymoogly on April 20, 2017, 11:18:23 pm
Both Yell County and Yellville is named after the same guy, Archibald Yell. He was the second governor of Arkansas. But Yellville is not in Yell County.
Lots of places in Arkansas are like that... Benton is not in Benton County, though Bentonville is. Conway is not in Conway County. Johnson is not in Johnson County. Searcy is not in Searcy County, Marion is not in Marion County, Hot Springs is not in Hot Spring County, Clarksville is not in Clark County, Van Buren is not in Van Buren County, Lincoln is not in Lincoln County....

Yep, I realize that.  I just was wondering if there were two openings or only the Panthers job. 

NewRecruit

I saw where Carlisle was open.  Has anyone heard anything on that, or is that misinformation?

AirItOut21

Quote from: NewRecruit on April 21, 2017, 11:22:56 am
I saw where Carlisle was open.  Has anyone heard anything on that, or is that misinformation?

It is open and I have heard they are wrapping up interviews today. Sounds like they have a guy in mind already and will offer him the job today to think about it over the weekend. Expect something to come out next week.

Conway Christian and Des Arc should be announcing soon as well.

ab24

any idea on the Conway Christian  job as far as leading candidates? I figure Carlisle and des arc both will hire coaches who are mainly football to do basketball as well.

PapaHog

Des Arc is looking for a basketball guy to be a get back coach for football.

AirItOut21

April 21, 2017, 01:57:45 pm #72 Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 01:59:51 pm by AirItOut21
Quote from: ab24 on April 21, 2017, 01:38:11 pm
any idea on the Conway Christian  job as far as leading candidates? I figure Carlisle and des arc both will hire coaches who are mainly football to do basketball as well.

I have not heard any names of finalists for Conway Christian. I was just told by a friend that they started interviewing at the end of last week.

Im pretty sure Carlisle is just basketball and a secondary sport. Des Arc is head basketball/assistant football.

Googlymoogly

Quote from: bluegrassboy75 on April 21, 2017, 08:50:46 am
Yep, I realize that.  I just was wondering if there were two openings or only the Panthers job. 
I know. Sorry, I kind of went off on a history lesson there

basketballcoach15

Current Boys Openings:

Two Rivers
Yellville-Summit
Norfork
Smackover
Glen Rose
Bentonville-West (9th grade)
Rogers (9th grade)

I heard Rogers (9th) will open. Yellville, Norfork, and Two Rivers will interview at some point this week.

basketballcoach15

I just heard Rogers-Heritage is looking for an assistant in boys.

WarriorFan

AirItOut21

Quote from: basketballcoach15 on April 25, 2017, 11:51:07 am
I just heard Rogers-Heritage is looking for an assistant in boys.

Carlisle and Des Arc hire yet in boys? Lakeside (Hot Springs) is looking for a head boys HS coach. Junior boys too I am pretty sure.

teachers pet

Heard Lamb maybe going there.

FisherOfMen11

Quote from: teachers pet on April 25, 2017, 03:23:49 pm
Heard Lamb maybe going there.

Lamb from jesseville going to Lakeside??

AirItOut21

Quote from: FisherOfMen11 on April 25, 2017, 03:40:12 pm
Lamb from jesseville going to Lakeside??

I heard that as well. Going to coach junior high is what I was told.

FisherOfMen11

Wonder why he would leave jesseville? Guy has been there forever and done a great job

teachers pet

Why leave a head coaching and a.d. job for a jr. high gig?

OB11

Sloan-Hendrix job is posted in the Jonesboro Sun.

dalemurphy

Where is Sloan-Hendrix coach going?  I think they have good young talent coming.

jyd2205

OB11

Basketball_101

Wonder what happened with Cude?

Rulesman

NWA Hawg

Quote from: Basketball_101 on April 26, 2017, 10:51:57 am
Wonder what happened with Cude?

Maybe Melbourne. They just had their board meeting and probably voted in the new boys basketball coach. Not saying its him but it is in that area.

Basketball_101

Quote from: fann07 on April 26, 2017, 11:03:26 am
Maybe Melbourne. They just had their board meeting and probably voted in the new boys basketball coach. Not saying its him but it is in that area.
Melbourne hired out of state guy.

bobcats

Quote from: fann07 on April 26, 2017, 11:03:26 am

Not Melbourne.  Heard they hired someone from Missouri.  Sloan must not have been happy with a 30-5 record. 

bluegrassboy75

Quote from: bobcats on April 26, 2017, 11:20:45 am
Not Melbourne.  Heard they hired someone from Missouri.  Sloan must not have been happy with a 30-5 record. 

Bingo!!

basketballcoach15

Norfork and Yellville-Summit have started interviews. I hear Smackover and Two Rivers begin next week. Glen Rose will start either next week or the week after.

basketballcoach15

Parkers Chapel is open. Coach took the Conway Christian job.

AirItOut21

Quote from: basketballcoach15 on April 28, 2017, 11:06:27 am
Parkers Chapel is open. Coach took the Conway Christian job.

Good hire for Conway Christian

HawgDaddy

Heard Yellville-Summit hired last night at the board meeting.  The Panthers got a really good young coach.  I expect him to bring some long-term stability to their program.  He is the 4th coach in 5 years. 

I would identify the new hire, but it's not my place.  I wouldn't want someone to see it here before the young man has a chance to tell his players or current admin.  So, don't ask me to name him.

bluegrassboy75

Quote from: HawgDaddy on May 02, 2017, 10:56:54 am
Heard Yellville-Summit hired last night at the board meeting.  The Panthers got a really good young coach.  I expect him to bring some long-term stability to their program.  He is the 4th coach in 5 years. 

I would identify the new hire, but it's not my place.  I wouldn't want someone to see it here before the young man has a chance to tell his players or current admin.  So, don't ask me to name him.

Baxter Bulletin has published it today.

Googlymoogly

Quote from: bluegrassboy75 on May 02, 2017, 01:47:41 pm
Baxter Bulletin has published it today.
Hunter Sims, a 2011 graduate of Bergman. Yellville-Summit also hired a football coach last night, Brett Shrable

basketballcoach15

Heard Green Forest has reopened the job and have more interviews for tomorrow.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas