• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A Predictions and Preseason Talk

Started by razorback, January 30, 2017, 08:23:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

razorback

Season about a month away, who are the teams to beat this year in 4a in both girls and boys? 

JFSM

Quote from: razorback on January 30, 2017, 08:23:56 am
Season about a month away, who are the teams to beat this year in 4a in both girls and boys?
most likely last year's champ darndelle.

The Coach

Quote from: JFSM on January 30, 2017, 10:05:50 am
most likely last year's champ Dardanelle

CAC boys and CAC girls are gonna be tough I'm sure

Warren boys and Girls should be solid as well

soccerman

CAC will have good teams this year, but lost some good players. Will be challenged by one team in conference and that is Pulaski Robinson. Only having to replace one or two players from a 2nd year team that made the quarterfinals last year. Hopefully I'll be back in town to watch that matchup.

Robinson could be a dark horse this year in the 4a.

razorback

I agree, I think Dardanelle will be a solid team, just have to get through the tough 4A-1 conference which always seems to be loaded with Green Forest, Berryville, Dardanelle, etc rotating as conference champs.  How about Gentry's girls, are we in store for another CAC vs Gentry state final?

VHSCoach2

Quote from: The Coach on January 30, 2017, 10:54:28 am

CAC boys and CAC girls are gonna be tough I'm sure

Warren boys and Girls should be solid as well

I'm looking forward to Vilonia's roadtrip to Warren this year.

soccerman

Quote from: razorback on January 30, 2017, 02:49:28 pm
I agree, I think Dardanelle will be a solid team, just have to get through the tough 4A-1 conference which always seems to be loaded with Green Forest, Berryville, Dardanelle, etc rotating as conference champs.  How about Gentry's girls, are we in store for another CAC vs Gentry state final?

Gentry lost a lot of players last year, have a good possibility of that though!

The Coach

January 30, 2017, 08:57:19 pm #7 Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 09:47:01 pm by The Coach
Dardanelle Boys return 8 starters 5 of which will be 3 year starters and lost just 4 players total off a 25 man team. They have won the conference the last 2 years, having won 22 straight conference games so everyone will want to end that streak I'm sure. They also have a pretty solid 9th grade class that should provide solid depth. They should have a solid boys team.

Dardanelle Girls return 7 starters from the best team in the program's existence for what it's worth and have a few solid 9th graders that should help. They could be a solid group by the time April rolls around. 8 girls play bball so it'll take them a few weeks to round into shape.

4A girls it's CAC and then a big gap and everyone else.

razorback

Will definitely be an intriguing match up with Dardanelle and Warren playing early in the season again.  Hoping the rain stays away as they are playing at Burns again...

SportsDad

I think the two best teams will play the first week of the season at Burns park and probably end up playing for it all at the end of the season (Warren and Dardanelle).... Just like Dardy, Warren only graduated 3 starters from last years team, so all the pieces are still in place for another great season for both teams. Anyone that watched these two teams play last year knows that both were not only above the other 4A teams, but also beat the top teams in the larger classifications. Should be another exciting year for both boys teams.

SportsDad

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on January 30, 2017, 06:24:41 pm
I am glad to see this game on the schedule... The atmosphere at the Warren home games is really good, and now with the turf field we do not have to worry about rain-outs!

ArkansasSportsFan

Quote from: SportsDad on February 06, 2017, 10:56:21 am
I think the two best teams will play the first week of the season at Burns park and probably end up playing for it all at the end of the season (Warren and Dardanelle).... Just like Dardy, Warren only graduated 3 starters from last years team, so all the pieces are still in place for another great season for both teams. Anyone that watched these two teams play last year knows that both were not only above the other 4A teams, but also beat the top teams in the larger classifications. Should be another exciting year for both boys teams.

I think it all comes down to hoping they don't end up on the same side of the bracket this year.

SportsDad

Quote from: ArkansasSportsFan on February 06, 2017, 02:17:02 pm
I think it all comes down to hoping they don't end up on the same side of the bracket this year.
Yes.... That quarterfinal game between the two teams was the best game of the the state tournament. One bad game can cost you valuable seeding and last year the slip up at Hamburg proved to be costly and forced the two teams to play way too early in the tourney.

razorback

Seems like the 27th is taking forever to get here, hope there is some good matchups in the first week.  Already heard about Warren v Dardanelle, any other interesting matchups that anybody knows of?

JFSM

Quote from: razorback on February 10, 2017, 11:48:45 am
Seems like the 27th is taking forever to get here, hope there is some good matchups in the first week.  Already heard about Warren v Dardanelle, any other interesting matchups that anybody knows of?
i heard about jacksonville lighthouse vs CAC play on the 28th

razorback

Don't know much about Jacksonville Lighthouse, would think they would get more attention if they defeat CAC early in the season though. 

ArkansasSportsFan

Quote from: razorback on February 12, 2017, 05:58:09 pm
Don't know much about Jacksonville Lighthouse, would think they would get more attention if they defeat CAC early in the season though.

JLC is good, but I don't know about CAC good. CAC strikes me as the kind of team that could get physical with them and push them around quite a bit.

JFSM

February 14, 2017, 11:46:13 am #17 Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 10:13:56 pm by JFSM
Quote from: ArkansasSportsFan on February 14, 2017, 10:59:38 am
JLC is good, but I don't know about CAC good. CAC strikes me as the kind of team that could get physical with them and push them around quite a bit.
i've seen lighthouse player before last year who are just a decent team and it will interesting to find out how the match will turn out for lighthouse.

Ladyfan

CAC has some young good talent and lost several due to graduation. Interested to see how this game plays out.

soccerman

Quote from: Ladyfan on February 14, 2017, 06:00:04 pm
CAC has some young good talent and lost several due to graduation. Interested to see how this game plays out.

CAC did lose a lot and with the conference split. Robinson returns a lot of players, but Malvern and Robinson could be a tough matchup for them.

razorback

Quote from: soccerman on February 15, 2017, 10:01:09 am
CAC did lose a lot and with the conference split. Robinson returns a lot of players, but Malvern and Robinson could be a tough match-up for them.

Are you talking about CAC's boys or girls team?  I know Malvern usually has a pretty good girls team, but seemed to be down some last year with the guys team.  Have the Malvern boys improved significantly since last year?

JFSM

Quote from: razorback on February 15, 2017, 12:00:31 pm
Are you talking about CAC's boys or girls team?  I know Malvern usually has a pretty good girls team, but seemed to be down some last year with the guys team.  Have the Malvern boys improved significantly since last year?
I was just about to ask the same question because i was referring to the boys team. Jacksonville lighthouse girls aren't that good at all ...

Ladyfan

soccerman

Quote from: razorback on February 15, 2017, 12:00:31 pm
I was referring to the boys team. When I mentioned Malvern that was the girls. The boys division there will be CAC and more than likely Robinson. Girls will have more competition, CAC, Malvern, and Robinson. I heard that Baptist Prep got some new players that played club ball at the higher levels.

JFSM

Quote from: soccerman on February 16, 2017, 12:32:11 pm
I was referring to the boys team. When I mentioned Malvern that was the girls. The boys division there will be CAC and more than likely Robinson. Girls will have more competition, CAC, Malvern, and Robinson. I heard that Baptist Prep got some new players that played club ball at the higher levels.
do you know of any CAC boys who are to watch out for during the matches this year ?

faith

Dardanelle and CAC always have good teams, just got to hope others can keep up!

soccerman

Quote from: JFSM on February 16, 2017, 03:06:03 pm
do you know of any CAC boys who are to watch out for during the matches this year ?
Heard they have a good returning centermid from last year. Only a sophomore or junior. Will probably be one of the only returning player from the boys team. Really want to watch some of their games this season.

JFSM

Quote from: soccerman on February 17, 2017, 10:12:09 am
Heard they have a good returning centermid from last year. Only a sophomore or junior. Will probably be one of the only returning player from the boys team. Really want to watch some of their games this season.
will we should go and see lighthouse vs cac the 28th

AirWarren

Quote from: SportsDad on February 06, 2017, 10:56:21 am

Warren and dardy play at burns park week one?

What's the date? I'll be at that one.

AirWarren

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on January 30, 2017, 06:24:41 pm

New field. Updated facilities. You should enjoy your time in Warren.

VHSCoach2

Quote from: AirWarren on February 17, 2017, 12:25:27 pm
New field. Updated facilities. You should enjoy your time in Warren.

Looking forward to it. Never been to Warren. I believe this is the first ever match-up in any sport between Vilonia and Warren...

...I'll enjoy it a lot more if we come down there and get the win  ;)

AirWarren

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on February 17, 2017, 02:26:56 pm
Looking forward to it. Never been to Warren. I believe this is the first ever match-up in any sport between Vilonia and Warren...

Local and in state version of Chelsea vs Arsenal(spit).

Ha!

SportsDad

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on February 17, 2017, 02:26:56 pm

I think the Vilonia girls might have the edge in this one, but the Warren boys should have the advantage in the boys game...

SportsDad

Quote from: AirWarren on February 17, 2017, 12:25:00 pm
Warren and dardy play at burns park week one?

What's the date? I'll be at that one.
Friday, March 3...
Girls at 5, Boys at 7

VHSCoach2

Quote from: SportsDad on February 17, 2017, 09:24:42 pm
I think the Vilonia girls might have the edge in this one, but the Warren boys should have the advantage in the boys game...

Care to share your insight as to those predictions, SportsDad?  More so, the girls side. From what I've seen from the Vilonia boys, I can definitely agree with you that the Warren boys will have the advantage.

AirWarren

Quote from: SportsDad on February 17, 2017, 09:26:10 pm
Friday, March 3...
Girls at 5, Boys at 7

Marked in the calendar. Make a quick little trip over.

AirWarren

Who is coaching the Warren soccer teams now?

The Coach

February 19, 2017, 09:59:09 pm #37 Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 10:04:11 pm by The Coach
Quote from: AirWarren on February 19, 2017, 09:13:03 pm
Who is coaching the Warren soccer teams now?

Coach Quoss (sp?) for girls and Densmore is still doing boys I'm pretty sure. However, it's as a volunteer I believe. Rusty sticking around is a very good thing for those young men IMO. He does an outstanding job.

Coach16

February 19, 2017, 11:13:21 pm #38 Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 07:15:39 pm by Coach16
Lighthouse boys look to have "their" best team they had since starting the program 2 years ago. I can see this team being a dark horse for much of the season. But it would be interesting "if" they could get an early win vs a really "Good" CAC squad. I would be surprised if they were to pull off the win.

AirWarren

Quote from: The Coach on February 19, 2017, 09:59:09 pm
Coach Quoss (sp?) for girls and Densmore is still doing boys I'm pretty sure. However, it's as a volunteer I believe. Rusty sticking around is a very good thing for those young men IMO. He does an outstanding job.

Wow that's great to hear. Good for coach.

Ladyfan

Heber Springs Vs Beebe tonight in a benefit game. Thoughts?

faith

Quote from: Ladyfan on February 20, 2017, 02:14:22 pm
Heber had a good squad last season, don't know much about Beebe.  Should be a good game!  Excited to see the season kick off!

VHSCoach2

Quote from: Ladyfan on February 20, 2017, 02:14:22 pm

I'll post some post-game thoughts after the girls match.  I won't see the boys match, so perhaps someone else will be able to provide some insight there. 

VHSCoach2

February 20, 2017, 05:02:34 pm #43 Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 05:34:40 pm by VHSCoach2
Beebe 1-1 Heber Springs

Game shortened due to weather, so not really a good indicator. During the 55 minutes of play, first-game jitters were present on both sides. Heber had the better play. 0-0 at halftime. Heber'Springs #11 had a breakaway goal early in the second half, and a Heber own-goal from one of their defenders provided Beebe's score right before the game was called.

SportsDad

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on February 19, 2017, 06:31:45 pm
Care to share your insight as to those predictions, SportsDad?  More so, the girls side. From what I've seen from the Vilonia boys, I can definitely agree with you that the Warren boys will have the advantage.
Well, I have great connections to Greenbrier soccer, so I have some insight from them on Vilonia (nothing like asking a school about their rival). Most info was concerning the boys, but I do know that many of the girls at Vilonia play club soccer which is an advantage in girls soccer (and boys to some extent). Based on that, I think the Vilonia girls will probably be a bit more polished this early in the season. On the Warren girls side, several of the returning starters just finished basketball, so it may take a couple of weeks to get back their foot skills. As for the boys, I just know that Warren is loaded again for another run and they can probably beat most any team in the state on most days.

AirWarren

February 22, 2017, 08:26:39 am #45 Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 08:28:36 am by AirWarren
Everyone knows Warren is a football town. But this is how a sports community like Warren embraces soccer and the kids in the program.

People want to know how and what it takes for towns to have successful students and sports programs. This is how. Community wide and parent support. It starts there folks.

Soccer is here folks. It's infiltrated the town of Warren with 4 state titles in football. Might as well embrace it!

http://salineriversports.blogspot.com/2017/02/soccer-meet-and-greet-raises-120000.html?m=1

soccerman

From what I hear from my family in Rogers, Rogers Heritage plays Robinson tomorrow in a benefit game at 4:15 for the girls. This seems like the girls game could be pretty good. Any thoughts??

Coach16

My preseason pick for 4A-3 conference top 4: Lighthouse(1st), Riverview(2nd), Heber Springs(3rd), and St. Joseph(4th).

JFSM

Quote from: Coach16 on February 19, 2017, 11:13:21 pm
Lighthouse boys look to have their best team they had since starting the program 2 years ago. I can see this team being a dark horse for much of this season in 4A.Would be interesting if they could get an early win vs a really good CAC squad. Wouldn't be surprised with the squad they have now.
how do you even know the lighthouse boys are good this year? have you seen them practice or something?

soccerman

Quote from: JFSM on February 23, 2017, 12:31:57 pm
how do you even know the lighthouse boys are good this year? have you seen them practice or something?
Totally agree here. Won't know the good teams until the season gets under way and they face adversity.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas