• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Russellville HC Job (filled - Jeff Weaver)

Started by GotInfo?, January 25, 2017, 10:31:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

gameoflife

I think what you have is a couple of jobs around the state that are contributing to a traffic jam in the coaching ranks.  As soon as the darn breaks things will move more swiftly.

Jacketman65

There is a coach over in West Memphis!  Both he and his wife have ties to that part of the state, can't remember where exactly,  could he possibly be in the mix as an unknown?

ATUALUM26

Things are mighty quiet here in Russellville right now. Are they any closer to hiring a coach?

HorseFeathers

Hearing that Jeff Weaver is the new coach...

ATUALUM26

Quote from: HorseFeathers on February 16, 2017, 10:33:46 am
Hearing that Jeff Weaver is the new coach...
I just saw that too... who is he?

Pat Swilling

that would be a great hire for Russvegas.

ricepig

HorseFeathers

ATUALUM26

Is he a solid choice? I don't know much about him. Is Russellville in good hands? What offense does he run? Etc.

Pr8hd

February 16, 2017, 03:48:59 pm #62 Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 04:00:35 pm by Pr8hd
Jeff is a good hire. He has experience under Peacock and Jones at GW. He's a GW alum as well. He comes from a good family with ties back this way obviously. He will run spread attack is my guess. He was OC at GW before moving on to Mena HC then to LRC. I know him personnally having played football with him and know several of his family. He will do a good job for the Cyclones.

His nephew was GW's Sr QB last year...Hales.

whippersnapper

Weaver will do a great job at Rville. His overall record in 8 years is 49-43 (6-6 playoffs) but I think you have to look at what he took over at each school. Mena was 7-22-1, 2006-08 in the 7-4A ( Nvill, Cac, Ashdown, DQ). Some of the best JH and 7th grade fball players started moving away because the program was on a down spiral...Weaver comes in with nothing but looking forward and excitement. Won 3 playoff games in 4 years. Giving Harper a solid foundation when he took over. Only thing i know about LRC is that after Dyer left so did the a lot of wins.

Maynard G Krebs

nuttinbuthogs

His biggest obstacle is he is following Dawson after a championship.

GotInfo?

And Russellville lost alot to graduation.

OverPrivileged

I think Weaver is a pretty good coach.  He will have some success at RHS.  He will have a majority of his seasons above .500.  But will he be able to replicate what Dawson did?  I don't think that he will.  He has a lot to prove.  But who knows.  Russelville got a pretty good coach.  Solid double, but not a home run. 

incogneto

To my knowledge he has only had what could be considered a very talented team once in his HC career and he went 12-1 with that team. 

AHS2005

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on February 16, 2017, 06:27:37 pm
Disappointment awaits

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D yeah like when they come to Arkansas High...thrashing waiting to happen

nuttinbuthogs

Quote from: incogneto on February 17, 2017, 01:25:23 pm
To my knowledge he has only had what could be considered a very talented team once in his HC career and he went 12-1 with that team. 

What are you saying? He got lucky once with a good group?  He wasn't good enough to build up a group? What?

incogneto

Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on February 22, 2017, 08:26:46 pm
What are you saying? He got lucky once with a good group?  He wasn't good enough to build up a group? What?

I am saying he always ends up in the playoffs and he hasn't always had elite level talent.  The one team I am aware of that was very talented mercy ruled 10 teams on the way to a 12-1 record.  On years that talent is down he has still made the playoffs.  LRC lost 25 seniors last season and still made the playoffs this year. 

Valleysports

Quote from: AHS2005 on February 21, 2017, 08:31:15 pm
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D yeah like when they come to Arkansas High...thrashing waiting to happen

Russellville has voted to make Texarkana their Home Coming Queen!

PrivateLesson

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on February 16, 2017, 06:27:37 pm
Disappointment awaits

For the fans, players or Weaver?   

Everyone knew that Dawson would take a opportunity to move up.  He's a great coach. 

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: PrivateLesson on March 06, 2017, 11:25:06 am

For the fans, players or Weaver?   

Everyone knew that Dawson would take a opportunity to move up.  He's a great coach.

the good hire for D.C. alters my previous prediction

Valleysports

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on March 23, 2017, 12:48:15 pm
the good hire for D.C. alters my previous prediction

Didn't you say Dawson would not be successful at Russellville?

nuttinbuthogs

Wouldn't bet against Dawson at any school.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Valleysports on March 27, 2017, 05:41:39 pm
Didn't you say Dawson would not be successful at Russellville?

Don't recall ever saying that, but it's possible, so I won't unequivocally deny it.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas