• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top 1a players

Started by CrispyLips, January 21, 2017, 08:40:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

CrispyLips

Jed from Shirley is dominant, heard Kirby has a couple good players, and bay has some nice ones too. Any other good players who don't get as much exposure as these guys?

Catfish

Quote from: CrispyLips on January 21, 2017, 08:40:08 am
Jed from Shirley is dominant, heard Kirby has a couple good players, and bay has some nice ones too. Any other good players who don't get as much exposure as these guys?

I haven't seen him be dominant... I think the Jojo kid is better than him

thebigtiger

Is Jed #10?  #10 is by far the best player on that team #23 I think can shoot some but can't do much if you you guard him.  #23 is awful at defense.  I'd take #10 any day.  If Jed isn't 10 which one is he?
Fired up Coach Edgar, fired up players and fired up fans!
Better not count us out just yet!

ZacAttack

January 21, 2017, 04:24:31 pm #3 Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 04:32:30 pm by ZacAttack
What about Guy-Perkins Josh Ballard?  I know he hurt his foot earlier and not sure if he has returned yet.  But when healthy, he can get to the rim and not a bad outside shot.

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: ZacAttack on January 21, 2017, 04:24:31 pm
What about Guy-Perkins Josh Ballard?  I know he hurt his foot earlier and not sure if he has returned yet.  But when healthy, he can get to the rim and not a bad outside shot.

Not a bad outside shooter is exactly right. If you eliminate the top 100 3 point shooters from class a, Ballard is one of the top shooters in the state. Plays extremely hard both ends of the floor, besides when he's on defense.
Aside from that though, is a really good athlete.

yesteryearman

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on January 21, 2017, 04:47:12 pm
Not a bad outside shooter is exactly right. If you eliminate the top 100 3 point shooters from class a, Ballard is one of the top shooters in the state. Plays extremely hard both ends of the floor, besides when he's on defense.

The way I look at it is, if you were down one with 5 seconds left, in whose hands would you want the ball?  For me, can't be anyone but Taylor Layne......Ballard (healthy) second, Smith from Kirby third.

Hero of Twin Groves

I'm not sure if we even want Ballard to be the first one on our team to take the last second shot.

BannerChaser95

North Arkansas - Layne of bay
South Arkansas - smith of Kirby.

honorable mentions- Jeff Jefferson of Emerson, Ballard of guy

Areyoukiddingme

Daddy Eagle, I appreciate your enthusiasm for Carlton. You have to notice you are the only one bringing his name up on here. You must be a proud relative and you should be proud, but notice you are the only one that keeps plugging his name. He's a good player and a good young man, but sometimes we need to be honest with ourselves. No offense intended, but he is not the best in 1a or even our conference.

SackAttack

I am a huge fan of the way they showcase his athletic ability by leaving him down on end of the court on offense while the other four teammates try to stop the five on the other team. That will represent him very very well at the next level of play when his offers start flooding in. I mean those break away dunks are truly representative of a well rounded game and for sure by itself alone puts him at the elite of class 1A. Needs to shoot more threes IMO.

SackAttack

Carlton is a good player I think could be a great player but they dont showcase him enough. Needs to have more of their offense built around him. He is another one that needs to shoot a whole lot more. Be more helpful to the team if he was a little more selfish!!

LHHC

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on January 22, 2017, 04:41:07 am

Is lane even the best player on his team?

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Daddy eagle on January 22, 2017, 01:10:19 pm
Kiddingme the good thing about fearless is that everybody is intitled to there own opinon. So I can say CARLTON as many times as I want. Hehe. Carlton can score with all of these people being named. I've never herd any of these folks being named
you say Carlton can score with all of these?? Then why don't he?????

CrispyLips

What are his max preps stats? I heard through the grapevine he hung almost thirty against your mighty Devils

SackAttack

Quote from: CrispyLips on January 22, 2017, 01:35:45 pm
What are his max preps stats? I heard through the grapevine he hung almost thirty against your mighty Devils
Seen he could do this every night. The coach doesnt run the system around him enough. Put him in Iso situations about 10 times a game and he would average 25 a game and some nights be in the 40's. IMO

Hero of Twin Groves

Ballard is the 4th best player for guy. It goes ealy, menton, spires, then Ballard.

Thechosen1

Ballard is hands down Guys best player. I dont know what you're seeing lol

SackAttack

Quote from: Thechosen1 on January 22, 2017, 03:17:38 pm
Ballard is hands down Guys best player. I dont know what you're seeing lol
Twin Groves is a suburb of guy for those that dont know! If anybody knows the ins and outs of who is good at Guy it would be a person from Twin Groves as this guy is most likely at every home game and many of the away games so he oughta know what he knows if you know what I mean!!

Areyoukiddingme

You are welcome Eagle Daddy. His name has been mentioned by more than you now!

Catfish

I'm dying 😂

Catfish

Guys... Ballard is an average 1A basketball player. Seriously. He's not very good. Now.. he IS a FREAK and I mean FREAK athlete. Just not a very good ball player in my opinion.

Thechosen1

Quote from: Catfish on January 22, 2017, 04:38:48 pm
Guys... Ballard is an average 1A basketball player. Seriously. He's not very good. Now.. he IS a FREAK and I mean FREAK athlete. Just not a very good ball player in my opinion.
I completely agree. But he is Guys best player.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: Daddy eagle on January 22, 2017, 05:23:32 pm
Not one person mintioned can hit a 3 pointer and dunk it. But. Carlton can.
is carltons team even going to make a state tournemant appearance?

Areyoukiddingme

Catfish

Quote from: Daddy eagle on January 22, 2017, 05:23:32 pm
Not one person mintioned can hit a 3 pointer and dunk it. But. Carlton can.

😂😂 hilarious

Catfish

Quote from: Thechosen1 on January 22, 2017, 05:11:32 pm

I agree with that.

Thechosen1

Carlton sucks. Wsgf sucks. Move on lol

SackAttack

Quote from: Thechosen1 on January 22, 2017, 05:11:32 pm
As Ive stated earlier Hero of Twin Groves is the only person posting on this thread qualified to make an evaluation on this player and possibly Eagle MOm and Eagle Daddy since they see him regularly and are obviously married or at least dating. The nights I saw him play it appeared he couldnt shoot it worth a lick and played zero defense and might have had three rebounds in two games but he had six dunks if you like that sort of thing and it qualifies as being a good player! So lets leave the player evaluations to the people that see Ballard and Carlton every night.

Hero of Twin Groves

Way to personally attack a high school student athlete chosen1. How many times have you seen guy play?

BannerChaser95

Quote from: Thechosen1 on January 22, 2017, 06:17:16 pm
Carlton sucks. Wsgf sucks. Move on lol
He may be good for all I know but I have a serious question, how can people even bring up a kid from a team that won't even make state? I know kids averaging 17-18 points a game. However their team won't make it out of distract. He shouldn't even be mentioned tho. I'm not saying it's the best player on the best team. But  I don't see many 6-6 quarterbacks winning heismans!

Thechosen1

Quote from: Hero of Twin Groves on January 22, 2017, 07:11:02 pm
Way to personally attack a high school student athlete chosen1. How many times have you seen guy play?
Enough to know Guys best player is ballard by far. Lol you're basketball IQ is very low from your opinions on basketball in this thread and past others.

Areyoukiddingme

Carlton doesn't suck and WSGF is not horrible. I never said you couldn't state your opinion Eagle Padre, but I can argue with you about them. WSGF boys are poorly coached in my opinion, but that's another thread. Carlton can drive and score, but I believe to be the best player or even in the top of 1a he should be able to make his team better. Go look at his turnovers. I just think it's insane to think he is the best 1a player in the state. Keep in mind I wish we could win it all. Good kid and a good player! Not the best......Still of fan of WSGF not a fan of Eagle Mom

SackAttack

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on January 22, 2017, 07:30:24 pm
He may be good for all I know but I have a serious question, how can people even bring up a kid from a team that won't even make state? I know kids averaging 17-18 points a game. However their team won't make it out of distract. He shouldn't even be mentioned tho. I'm not saying it's the best player on the best team. But  I don't see many 6-6 quarterbacks winning heismans!
Agree on the 6'6 quarterback thing. And there are guys getting 3-4 dunks a game that arent winning dunk contests either.

Hero of Twin Groves

Ballard is not by FAR guys best player. If I was starting my own team in taking ealy. Ballard will struggle on the next level. He will not survive the grind of a college after playing in hutchs "system". You would think his dad could have seen that since he is a coach.

Thechosen1

Quote from: Hero of Twin Groves on January 22, 2017, 10:18:21 pm
Ballard is not by FAR guys best player. If I was starting my own team in taking ealy. Ballard will struggle on the next level. He will not survive the grind of a college after playing in hutchs "system". You would think his dad could have seen that since he is a coach.
Sounds like there maybe some beef over @ GP. Ealy can barely dribble he's just tall. No way he's the best player. Ballard is by far the most talented player on that team. And he's not even that good

rammer

January 23, 2017, 09:15:57 am #35 Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 09:18:08 am by rammer
44 points.  They aren't all dunks.

no mascot

I would like to weigh in on this one. Ballard is a special athlete, and to count out those physical gifts is foolish. As is to only say that he is great within that system. He's playing the role he was taught to play.

I hope that comparisons don't keep us from respecting the time and effort required to perform at such a high level. Wether that be a kid that's a shooter, a distributor, a high flier, or a great defender.

Thechosen1

Quote from: no mascot on January 23, 2017, 09:39:23 am
I would like to weigh in on this one. Ballard is a special athlete, and to count out those physical gifts is foolish. As is to only say that he is great within that system. He's playing the role he was taught to play.

I hope that comparisons don't keep us from respecting the time and effort required to perform at such a high level. Wether that be a kid that's a shooter, a distributor, a high flier, or a great defender.
I'm not saying ealy isn't a good player. But if you take Ballard off of guys team, they don't make the state tourney. You take ealy off they still make 2nd round

BannerMountainMan

I've seen Ballard play 10 or 12 times and yes he is a special athlete, he is really good at drawing the contact because he stays in the air so long with his shot, he does however get most of the calls to go his way for some reason. He ain't a premiere shooter but can light it up if he gets hot. He can go play somewhere like Lyons and start but he will never even make it somewhere like Tech I don't believe, I hope he proves me wrong though. The real question is if he will find his shot when he comes back!

SackAttack

Quote from: Hero of Twin Groves on January 22, 2017, 10:18:21 pm
Hid dad is a coach?? Or does he just haul them around during the summer like I've heard? Hauling kids around during the summer in a rented van does not qualify one as being a coach! From this day forward I choose to be addressed as Coach Sack because I am eminently qualified so long as Mrs. Sack will loan me her Ford Econoline. Full of gas of course. Hes not a coach yall!!

BannerMountainMan

Uh pretty close to you at Batesville LOL 😂 You ever get out of GF?

BannerMountainMan

Anybody gonna help me out and say this guy has no clue what he is talking about^^

Moonshiner

Quote from: Daddy eagle on January 23, 2017, 11:29:32 am
I beleave the name of the college is Lyon. DA

That's funny. 😂  But beleave is spelled believe.

BoxNOne

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 23, 2017, 11:28:04 am
Anybody gonna help me out and say this guy has no clue what he is talking about^^

A troll would be my guess.

SackAttack

Quote from: Daddy eagle on January 23, 2017, 01:57:03 pm
I have saw troll used sevral times. What is that?
Dont worry about it Daddy Eagle!! BoxNOne shows up out of nowhere on this thread and hes accusing you of being a troll! Dont worry about it!

ballmember

I think daddy eagle may be one of those(under another name) that is on the barred list.    may have to get administrators to check him out if it gets any nuttier.

SackAttack

Quote from: ballmember on January 23, 2017, 08:36:06 pm
I think daddy eagle may be one of those(under another name) that is on the barred list.    may have to get administrators to check him out if it gets any nuttier.
I think you are mistaken very much mistaken. The guys I think you are refering to were waaaayyyy further out there than Daddy Eagle!! As my new President would say Majorly mistaken

bluedemon

Areyoukiddingme

Oldref

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on January 22, 2017, 04:41:07 am

According to the Jonesboro Sun today Taylor Layne went past the 2000 point mark in his career last week. The article went on to say he has 2068 points to date.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas