• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stone vs Fenner

Started by neds, January 16, 2017, 02:32:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BigMan15

RedWolf275

This matchup looks possible for quarterfinals.

NeaBaller21

Can we all agree this argument is over now?

Rebelfan77

They are both amazing athletes. Hats off to Fenner he's an amazing shooter and has a bright future.

bbfan89

Gavin makes his team better and plays both ends of the floor. Even if he didn't outscore Fenner (which he did) he is the better all around player. Fenner can shoot but that is it.

870baller15

Argument is over and i had a feeling it would end this way. Stone is the better player. End of story.

BigMan15

Quote from: Rebelfan77 on March 02, 2017, 10:41:37 pm
They are both amazing athletes. Hats off to Fenner he's an amazing shooter and has a bright future.
I agree both are great players! Stone is quick and has great court vision. Fenner of course can shoot the deep ball. Riverside did a great job on him tonight!

General Lee

I've said Stone all along. And after watching Fenner during the tournament(mainly last night because JC was so bad) I still say Stone. He's just too hard to handle in the open court. Haven't seen anyone yet that can guard him. Just go back to the very first post on this thread and I think it pretty much sums him up.
But! Fenner is a great player. He's also more than just a shooter. And for all the people that said on here that he was a ball hog and shot too much...well, in my opinion he should've pressed the issue more last night. If I'm coaching him he would've shot the ball more if our season was on the line!

BoxNOne

They are both outstanding but different players. Gavin has the ball in his hands much more and one guy isn't going to keep him out of the lane. Fenner is more of a move off the ball type player who is a great shooter. That 30+ foot pull up 3 last night made me, as a Rebel fan, very nervous but the Rebs hung on. Rebels did a great job on Fenner last night and a lot of credit goes to coach Campbell and hid his defensive game plan.

Rebelfan77

March 05, 2017, 12:08:36 am #59 Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 12:12:08 am by Rebelfan77
I found a picture that was taken of the two of these boys after the game that shows how amazing they both are! I wish I could post it on here but I don't think I can post photos on here

smallybells

The Stone kid is going to play baseball from what I have read. On the basketball side Fenner will play JuCo, NAIA, or D2 at best. Just my opinion, we will see how it pans out.

BigMan15

No offense but no matter what level you play at the next level it's still college ball even if Renner played D3 I'm still a proud dad  No matter what! It's about a Free Education!!

ZoneBuster

Quote from: BigMan15 on March 05, 2017, 12:33:48 am
No offense but no matter what level you play at the next level it's still college ball even if Renner played D3 I'm still a proud dad  No matter what! It's about a Free Education!!

D3 might not be the right choice then lol.

smallybells

You're taking it wrong. I'm not knocking playing any type of ball. Just saying how I think this shakes out and the comparison between these 2 is pretty much over.

BoxNOne

Noticed in the paper today that Gavin Stone finished the season with 1,079 points. Great season for him and this Rebel team for reaching the final four!

dentist15

I would venture that NCCAA and NAIA Div. II aren't real strong, but JuCo, NAIA Div. I, and any NCAA are definitely "the next level".....and true on NCAA D3, it's only a free education on the academic side......all of that said, Fenner could play at any level, even D1 in the right fit of a program.

Ramblin Gamblin Man

Apples and Oranges.  Both are great players

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas