• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3A Awards

Started by GrindTime, December 12, 2016, 12:31:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

GrindTime

From hootens/ Prescotts- Tommy Poole  got Coach of the Year ,Prescotts QB Derrick Flynn recieved offensive player of the Year, and Luke Harper from walnut ridge got defensive player of the year. Congratulations to all the winners .

CoolBreeze

Quote from: GrindTime on December 12, 2016, 12:31:55 am
From hootens/ Prescotts- Tommy Poole  got Coach of the Year ,Prescotts QB Derrick Flynn recieved offensive player of the Year, and Luke Harper from walnut ridge got defensive player of the year. Congratulations to all the winners .
Well-deserved for the two from Prescott. I don't know enough about Harper to comment.

RowdyReputation40

Quote from: GrindTime on December 12, 2016, 12:31:55 am
I haven't heard anything about the Harper boy. I don't understand how Marks didn't win it, he was an absolute game changer.

flow51

Yeah I agree... J Marks is an absolute beast. He has been giving tackles and quarterbacks fits all year long. Haven't seen a tackle that can block him yet. Just ask #60 for Charleston... He held all night long.

BAMA#16

Quote from: RowdyReputation40 on December 12, 2016, 04:48:30 pm
I haven't heard anything about the Harper boy. I don't understand how Marks didn't win it, he was an absolute game changer.
I was at the awards ceremony, the Harper kid had 160 tackles this year, with 300 for his career, plus he ran the ball on offense. That's what they said anyway. My son and Marks wasn't going to win that, lol.

BAMA#16

Got my picture with Byars, and got a ROLL TIDE out of him, so yeah, made my night.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: BAMA#16 on December 13, 2016, 02:24:13 am
Got my picture with Byars, and got a ROLL TIDE out of him, so yeah, made my night.
Made a call and you will not be allowed back in the future.

adaptedtigerfan

Quote from: BAMA#16 on December 13, 2016, 02:19:36 am
I was at the awards ceremony, the Harper kid had 160 tackles this year, with 300 for his career, plus he ran the ball on offense. That's what they said anyway. My son and Marks wasn't going to win that, lol.

I saw a guy not get it with 166 tackles and 330 for a career.

YC

Quote from: RowdyReputation40 on December 12, 2016, 04:48:30 pm

Three from the same team are not going to receive the reward. It may not be right but that's just the way it is.

The following are a couple of things I wrote in 2008 and 2014.

Tomorrow night Coach Loughridge, Jordan Akers, and Jordan Shelby, will go to Little Rock for the State Farm Award banquet. They are each one of three finalist for Coach of the year, defensive player of the year, and offensive player of the year. Each of these three are very deserving. Will they all three win? Probably not. I can't see the one (or one's) that vote having the nerve to give it to three members of the same team. I do have the nerve and I would but I don't get a vote (that's my opinion so if you don't like it bash me and not them).

I told Adapted beforehand that the odds were stacked against Colton winning this award. I told him Ty was a shoo-in for the offensive and Kendrick was most likely for the coach award and history tells us they won't award it to three from the same team.

I saw the Harper kid play in person. Make no mistake about it, he is a very good player. Not only did he have a great game on offense but he was all over the field making play after play on defense. WR lost that game but it was very close and could have gone either way right up until the last couple minutes. Without him it would not have been close.

The kid that won the defensive award in 2008 (can't remember his name) was from Mayflower and I saw him in person. He was a very good player. It's just not coming to me who won it in 2014 but I'm sure he was as well.

GBattack

In the "Dream Team" awards put on by the River Valley Radio Group (probably not as significant for you guys outside the RV), but my nephew SMF received the offensive player of the year for Charleston, Garrett Loughridge received the defensive player of the year for Charleston and Michael Howard received the overall River Valley Hustle Award for team spirit, dedication and sportsmanship. Super proud of these guys. Even better, Marty and Becky Burlesworth spoke and handed out the awards. They are very nice people and were incredibly encouraging and supportive of the athletes there. They remembered my son from Saturday nights game and he was very excited about that. Congrats guys!!

YC

^
Congratulations to all these young men and you as well GB for raising your son the right way and having a strong influence on all their lives.

Longfellow

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on December 13, 2016, 09:20:58 am
I saw a guy not get it with 166 tackles and 330 for a career.
In 2013, Caleb Lisenbey at TR had 197 tackles in 12 games with double digit sacks (can't remember the exact number), and wasn't even nominated

WPWells

Shackleford from Booneville won it in 2014.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: IofthaTiger on December 13, 2016, 10:48:26 am
Three from the same team are not going to receive the reward. It may not be right but that’s just the way it is.

The following are a couple of things I wrote in 2008 and 2014.

Tomorrow night Coach Loughridge, Jordan Akers, and Jordan Shelby, will go to Little Rock for the State Farm Award banquet. They are each one of three finalist for Coach of the year, defensive player of the year, and offensive player of the year. Each of these three are very deserving. Will they all three win? Probably not. I can’t see the one (or one’s) that vote having the nerve to give it to three members of the same team. I do have the nerve and I would but I don’t get a vote (that’s my opinion so if you don’t like it bash me and not them).

I told Adapted beforehand that the odds were stacked against Colton winning this award. I told him Ty was a shoo-in for the offensive and Kendrick was most likely for the coach award and history tells us they won’t award it to three from the same team.

I saw the Harper kid play in person. Make no mistake about it, he is a very good player. Not only did he have a great game on offense but he was all over the field making play after play on defense. WR lost that game but it was very close and could have gone either way right up until the last couple minutes. Without him it would not have been close.

The kid that won the defensive award in 2008 (can’t remember his name) was from Mayflower and I saw him in person. He was a very good player. It’s just not coming to me who won it in 2014 but I’m sure he was as well.

It's not State Farm

YC

Quote from: Fred Bird on December 13, 2016, 12:52:18 pm
Shackleford from Booneville won it in 2014.

That's right...How in the world could I forget that (dementia is a female dog). He was a very good player.

GBattack

Quote from: IofthaTiger on December 13, 2016, 11:04:54 am
^
Congratulations to all these young men and you as well GB for raising your son the right way and having a strong influence on all their lives.

Thank you!!

BAMA#16

Quote from: Oldman on December 13, 2016, 08:29:33 am
Made a call and you will not be allowed back in the future.
Lol, great experience, a lot of athletes in that room last night.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: BAMA#16 on December 13, 2016, 02:23:37 pm
Lol, great experience, a lot of athletes in that room last night.
I've been there.

thedirtye

When will hootens post the videos. I've been looking them and they haven't came up yet

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas