• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Maumelle open?

Started by JohnBarleycorn, April 21, 2017, 11:06:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jvallas_13

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on May 03, 2017, 12:45:53 pm
The 2 best quarterbacks on campus didn't play last fall.  From what I understand they will both be back next fall.  They both have cannons.  One will be a senior and one will be a junior.  We'll be fine at quarterback if one or both come back.
I just don't think Connor McCullough will risk his baseball career to come play football for Maumelle. He's got a scholarship to Fayetteville if I'm not mistaken. The junior hopefully will come, as he does have a good arm.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: jvallas_13 on May 04, 2017, 11:10:37 am
I just don't think Connor McCullough will risk his baseball career to come play football for Maumelle. He's got a scholarship to Fayetteville if I'm not mistaken. The junior hopefully will come, as he does have a good arm.

I hope they both decide to play.  They are good friends and the competition will make both of them better, thus making the team better.

jvallas_13

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on May 04, 2017, 11:15:02 am
I hope they both decide to play.  They are good friends and the competition will make both of them better, thus making the team better.
If they both play, we might be deadly through the air. I think the line is still a big, big issue for us.

Chief_Osceola™

Yes if the O-line improves Maumelle could be filthy on offense.  There will be tons of speed in the backfield and some really good, fast guys catching the ball.  Just gotta give our QB's a few seconds and open up some holes up front.

game on

2016: Maumelle wins for 2016 1 (10 games)
2015: Maumelle wins for 2015 3 (10 games)
2014: Maumelle wins for 2014 10 (12 games)
2013: Maumelle wins for 2013 10 (13 games)
2012: Maumelle wins for 2012 4 (10 games)
2011: Maumelle wins for 2011 6 (11 games)
2010: Maumelle wins for 2010 5 (10 games)
2009: Maumelle wins for 2009 3 (10 games)
2008: Maumelle wins for 2008 7 (11 games)
2007: Maumelle wins for 2007 4 (10 games)
2006: Maumelle wins for 2006 5 (11 games)
2005: Maumelle wins for 2005 4 (10 games)
2004: Maumelle wins for 2004 6 (14 games)
2003: Maumelle wins for 2003 7 (10 games)
2002: Maumelle wins for 2002 9 (12 games)
2001: Maumelle wins for 2001 8 (11 g

you may be correct but here is what is on the FF school page.

game on

Does anyone know the history of Maumelle?

Chief_Osceola™

Maumelle High School is 6 or 7 years old. Prior to it being built, the only public high school in the Maumelle area was Oak Grove. So, if FF were accurate, most of those seasons above should be attributed to Oak Grove High School. It's not like a school simply changing its name; it is a completely new school. It replaced OGHS. The only thing Maumelle kept was the mascot.

Oddesy

May 04, 2017, 01:04:41 pm #57 Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 01:06:43 pm by Oddesy
*The only thing they kept were the SAME coaches,kids and mascot...

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Oddesy on May 04, 2017, 01:04:41 pm
*They only thing they kept were the SAME coaches,kids and mascot...

Some of the kids. Some went elsewhere. Also new kids started attending. Oak Grove High School =/= Maumelle High School. The coaches staying on was a PCSSD decision so that there would be some continuity. The district could've just as easily reassigned them.

AirWarren

I heard today that this was the last year kids from NLR would be bussed into the Maumelle school district.

Chief_Osceola™

May 05, 2017, 03:20:49 pm #60 Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 03:23:26 pm by Chief_Osceola™
Quote from: AirWarren on May 05, 2017, 03:13:04 pm
I heard today that this was the last year kids from NLR would be bussed into the Maumelle school district.

I've heard that about Little Rock kids being bussed to Maumelle as well for a few years now, but I don't know if that's the case or not.  If so, especially with NLR kids, that's a tricky situation.  Technically Maumelle ends and North Little Rock begins right around where the Supercenter is on the boulevard, which would make anything east of that line North Little Rock; however the neighborhoods north and east (Country Club & around the baseball/softball complex) of that line are within the Maumelle school district I think.  Once you get out toward I-430 and beyond past CAC, those kids go to North Little Rock I think.

AirWarren

I think some parts of the country club neighborhood are in NLR district. Which is odd.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: AirWarren on May 05, 2017, 03:28:42 pm
I think some parts of the country club neighborhood are in NLR district. Which is odd.

Yeah it's really odd.  And then on the other side of town, some of the areas going toward Palarm are in the Mayflower district if I remember correctly.

FisherOfMen11

anything in the actual country club or around the ball parks is all maumelle. The line cuts off at walmart and runs north east. When you pull up a map the way it is laid out is pretty dumb. They should rezone at least the school district to be anything that side of 430/40 and south of where 365 crosses to be maumelle. at least how it looks on a map would make the most sense.

tmycjy

Hey can. Someone tell me what happen to the coach

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: tmycjy on May 05, 2017, 05:18:01 pm
Hey can. Someone tell me what happen to the coach

He is now the offensive coordinator at Russellville.

tmycjy

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on May 05, 2017, 05:25:17 pm
He is now the offensive coordinator at Russellville.

OK thanks

Look A Here

Any interview/applicant news?

FisherOfMen11

I think they were doing interviews this week and making an announcement towards the end of the week once they figure out who their guy is.

Chief_Osceola™

Brian G

Yeah, I think they got their guy if all the boxes get checked.

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: B.G. on May 09, 2017, 04:41:11 pm
Yeah, I think they got their guy if all the boxes get checked.
Any chance its there OC?

Chief_Osceola™

Bosshog34

Im hearing it is a coach that has been at some really good schools.  If it is true then Maumelle is making a great hire

Chief_Osceola™

Who have you heard? You can PM me if you'd like.

Coach Jones

A couple of years ago they were 4A.   The last year they were they won more.

STBruin

When are they expected to announce the hire?

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Coach Jones on May 10, 2017, 06:19:23 am
A couple of years ago they were 4A.   The last year they were they won more.

They had a real good season the following year too. The group of seniors the first year in 5A was really good.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: STBruin on May 10, 2017, 07:37:43 am
When are they expected to announce the hire?

Hopefully the end of this week or early next week. Spring practice started Monday.

Chief_Osceola™

Maumelle has its new coach.

Oddesy

Congrats Coach Kirk Horton -Maumelle's next head football coach

AirWarren

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on May 09, 2017, 08:41:33 pm
He's gonna be at PA next year.

"Sometimes you just wanna go, where every body knows your name..."

FisherOfMen11

keep in mind that he took this job before their head coach announced he was leaving. plus going to a powerhouse like PA is hard to pass up for any coach.

AirWarren

Quote from: FisherOfMen11 on May 11, 2017, 10:54:07 am
keep in mind that he took this job before their head coach announced he was leaving. plus going to a powerhouse like PA is hard to pass up for any coach.

Sure.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Oddesy on May 11, 2017, 10:14:51 am
Congrats Coach Kirk Horton -Maumelle's next head football coach

So I guess it is official now?  I didn't want to say any names until the official announcement was made.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas