• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A-3

Started by dirtbagger, December 08, 2016, 05:13:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NEAfootball

New pitching rules will change everything no team with a staff of 3 or 4 guys will fair well in tournament play. Coaches can't ride 1-2 kids in the ground to get through an entire state tournament anymore. These coaches that have been around a while and set in the old ways will have a tough adjustment.  Also, the Shannon kid I believe it is from Pocahontas will have an immediate impact as a freshman look for him to contribute early and be a candidate for freshman of the year.

I think Gosnell has the advantage in the pitching department with Brookland close on their heels.

baseballfan

Quote from: NEAfootball on February 27, 2017, 03:14:41 am
New pitching rules will change everything no team with a staff of 3 or 4 guys will fair well in tournament play. Coaches can't ride 1-2 kids in the ground to get through an entire state tournament anymore. These coaches that have been around a while and set in the old ways will have a tough adjustment.  Also, the Shannon kid I believe it is from Pocahontas will have an immediate impact as a freshman look for him to contribute early and be a candidate for freshman of the year.

I think Gosnell has the advantage in the pitching department with Brookland close on their heels.

Shannon is a Tuckerman kid.

Nomad1324

Quote from: baseballfan on February 27, 2017, 09:11:46 am
Shannon is a Tuckerman kid.

So is he going to be at Pokey or Tuckerman?

baseballfan

February 27, 2017, 10:04:38 am #53 Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 10:06:50 am by baseballfan
Quote from: Nomad1324 on February 27, 2017, 09:46:03 am
So is he going to be at Pokey or Tuckerman?
Tuckerman and in the 8th grade

Pocahontas does have some 8th graders that will be impact players though.  2 in 9th grade that might play a little.

NEA Razorback olfan

Brookland 4
GCT 0
Final

dirtbagger

What is everyone in 4A-3 schedule this week?

NEA Razorback olfan

Nettleton Spring kick-off
6:30 Brookland vs Nettleton 2/28
4:30 Brookland vs Walnut Ridge 3/2
4:00 Brookland vs Riverside 3/3

TheSpecial

Westside downed by Wynne.

Ghs21

Gosnell beats paragould 10-0

Nomad1324

Just saw where Highland beat Mountain View 11-10.

Rick Swines

I know it's different boards but do the kids from walnut ridge and the one from paragould play for their high school teams or are they 8th graders.  They were to great pitchers for 13 year old baseball last year.  I figure they were older for their age like the hodge kid from JC. 

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Rick Swines on February 28, 2017, 10:50:24 am
I know it's different boards but do the kids from walnut ridge and the one from paragould play for their high school teams or are they 8th graders.  They were to great pitchers for 13 year old baseball last year.  I figure they were older for their age like the hodge kid from JC.

If you know their names you can probably see if they are on the teams roster, on Max-preps

Rick Swines

I don't know their names.  Son played against them a few times in Usssa.  My son is an 8th grader but some of the kids that were the great pitchers were young 9th graders.  I'm think they are 9th graders.  The kid from Pochahontes, one from paragould, one from walnut ridge were all great pitchers.  Not sure of their names. 

ricepig

Quote from: Rick Swines on February 28, 2017, 01:11:39 pm
I don't know their names.  Son played against them a few times in Usssa.  My son is an 8th grader but some of the kids that were the great pitchers were young 9th graders.  I'm think they are 9th graders.  The kid from Pochahontes, one from paragould, one from walnut ridge were all great pitchers.  Not sure of their names.

Look up the roster on the USSSA team they played for, probably an easy process of elimination from there.

NEA Razorback olfan

Brookland vs Walnut Ridge  today 4:00 at Nettleton.
After that game Brookland and Nettleton will finish their
Game top 3rd.   Nettleton up 1-0

Rick Swines

Quote from: ricepig on February 28, 2017, 01:31:05 pm
Look up the roster on the USSSA team they played for, probably an easy process of elimination from there.

Found them.  They are all 9th graders I believe by their birthdays.  Those three are going to be some good ones in high school. 

MrBackup10

Pokey has the potential to surprise some people. They have talent. They have some young guys that can make an impact. They'll be a team to keep your eye on.

hsindian

Quote from: Rick Swines on February 28, 2017, 10:50:24 am
WR has an 8th grader who's done pretty well in travel ball. Manning is his last name.

NEA Razorback olfan

Brookland 3
Walnut Ridge 2
Final

Brookland 8
Nettleton 6
Final 11inng

NEA Razorback olfan

Brookland vs Valley at Nettleton 4:00  today

MrBackup10

Pokey loses 8-5 to Harrisburg. Hit the ball well but walked too many batters and made too many mistakes defensively.

MrBackup10

Quote from: MrBackup10 on March 03, 2017, 07:56:21 am
Pokey loses 8-5 to Harrisburg. Hit the ball well but walked too many batters and made too many mistakes defensively.
Also started 2 sophomores and 2 freshmen.

Ghs21

Gosnell beat Marion 13 to 5

NEA Razorback olfan

Brookland at Gosnell moved to tomorrow .

Cancelled game vs Westside, I haven't heard on make-up date yet.

Nomad1324

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on March 08, 2017, 12:27:55 pm
Brookland at Gosnell moved to tomorrow .

Cancelled game vs Westside, I haven't heard on make-up date yet.

They cancelled a conference game for a conference game? That's weird.

OB11

Quote from: Nomad1324 on March 08, 2017, 12:56:03 pm
They cancelled a conference game for a conference game? That's weird.

I was just about to ask the same thing.

Nomad1324

Quote from: OB11 on March 08, 2017, 12:56:41 pm
I was just about to ask the same thing.

I checked MaxPreps and it says the Brookland-Westside game isn't a conference game...now I'm really confused. Does this have something to do with the blended stuff (I almost typed another word in there).

OB11

Quote from: Nomad1324 on March 08, 2017, 01:11:01 pm
I checked MaxPreps and it says the Brookland-Westside game isn't a conference game...now I'm really confused. Does this have something to do with the blended stuff (I almost typed another word in there).

That one may have just been a JV game.

NEA Razorback olfan

I believe Max preps doesn't recognize the new blended conference. Just the usual teams in your conference for Brookland just 4A-3

baseball parent

I keep hearing about this Andy Roberts.  Who is he and why is he so tough?  I have not heard much about him until this year.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: baseball parent on March 30, 2017, 07:14:07 am
I keep hearing about this Andy Roberts.  Who is he and why is he so tough?  I have not heard much about him until this year.

Tough Lefty from Gosnell, good velo mixes in  late breaking off speed  pitches .

baseball parent

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on March 30, 2017, 09:23:05 am
Tough Lefty from Gosnell, good velo mixes in  late breaking off speed  pitches .

thank you.  this will help us know more about him if we meet up with them in the future.

TheSpecial

About time to start looking how things are shaping up
School Rec. Comb Conf. 4A-3 Opponent
Westside 7-2 (3-0)         (2-0)
Pocahontas 6-6 (5-2)      (2-3)
Gosnell 9-5 (2-1)            (2-0)
Brookland 10-3 (2-2)       (2-1)
Harrisburg 8-5 (2-2)        (3-1)
Cave City 3-7 (2-4)          (1-1)
Trumann 2-9 (1-3)           (0-3)
Highland 4-8 (1-4)           (0-3)

NEA Razorback olfan

April 01, 2017, 04:45:15 pm #83 Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 04:47:52 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Brookland at Westside 4/4
Should be a good one
Probably Tyler vs Glenn matchup.
Predictions or comments?

NEA Razorback olfan

April 09, 2017, 05:15:34 pm #84 Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 05:32:11 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Harrisburg (3-2)  at Brookland (2-3)   4/13

Probably Z  Biggers on bump for the Hornets
Not real sure who will be on bump for Brookland.
My guess is B Glenn or T Jones

baseball parent

I hear that Gosnell and Westside are playing each other today, any predictions?  I am told they have some pretty strong teams which should mean an interesting game.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: baseball parent on April 20, 2017, 08:06:22 am
I hear that Gosnell and Westside are playing each other today, any predictions?  I am told they have some pretty strong teams which should mean an interesting game.
Both are very good !!

GosnellBall

Gosnell didn't have a good showing last night. Roberts struggled on the mound and we didn't get our bats going till late.  Westside was for sure the better team.

NEA Razorback olfan

April 21, 2017, 02:49:59 pm #88 Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 08:17:24 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Quote from: TheSpecial on April 01, 2017, 04:41:26 pm
About time to start looking how things are shaping up
School Rec. Comb Conf. 4A-3 Opponent
Westside 7-2 (3-0)         (2-0)
Pocahontas 6-6 (5-2)      (2-3)
Gosnell 9-5 (2-1)            (2-0)
Brookland 10-3 (2-2)       (2-1)
Harrisburg 8-5 (2-2)        (3-1)
Cave City 3-7 (2-4)          (1-1)
Trumann 2-9 (1-3)           (0-3)
Highland 4-8 (1-4)           (0-3)

Brookland is 13-9  (4-4)  (2-3)