• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

HC Lonoke

Started by purpleswag, December 03, 2016, 01:00:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Iknewthemwhen on January 10, 2017, 07:18:08 pm
First off, comparing a 2A school to a 4A school, as far as playing each other is a stretch.  I do however agree that 4A is better than 2A.  I'm not that familiar with Des Arc and it's facilities, how do they compare with Lonoke.

As for the field, des arc's is nicer, lonoke wins the bleachers(bigger school, bigger bleachers).

Lonoke played carlisle and won, des arc did the same.

Iknewthemwhen

Are you saying Des Arc would beat Lonoke? 

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Iknewthemwhen on January 10, 2017, 08:59:56 pm
Are you saying Des Arc would beat Lonoke?

This past season, I think they could have. I don't think they could on the regular, no.

Iknewthemwhen

Well, trying to predict who a school will pick is tough business, because half the time they have no clue.

ea cat

It will be a rough first year for whoever they hire if they wait til May-June. Unless present assistants are motivated the off season will suffer. Then a short time to install offense and defense. Set up for failure?

Razorbacks48

Quote from: ea cat on January 11, 2017, 06:13:37 am
It will be a rough first year for whoever they hire if they wait til May-June. Unless present assistants are motivated the off season will suffer. Then a short time to install offense and defense. Set up for failure?
agreed unless the post earlier about it being a "done deal" and widener just waiting to leave in may is true..there will be more stuff under the table to where he has lonoke where he wants them for this coming year...widener spent his first few years coaching AT lonoke, remember ...

nuttinbuthogs

So is any word coming out of Lonoke?

Razorbacks48

not a word...does Taggert want it?

RZback

I was looking at Lonoke's history in football, I thought they had a better win, loss over the years.  What's the main problem there?

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: RZback on January 11, 2017, 01:04:03 pm
I was looking at Lonoke's history in football, I thought they had a better win, loss over the years.  What's the main problem there?

Must be all the coaches fault. According to some on here there is more than enough talent to win

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: ea cat on January 11, 2017, 06:13:37 am
I've never seen a motivated asst.

RZback

Jimbo Morphis

RZback

Whatever school or schools you support must have problems.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: RZback on January 11, 2017, 02:29:10 pm
Whatever school or schools you support must have problems.
I'm a huge Razorback basketball fan and Star City football.

cuckoobird

ea cat

lol Oldman. I've seen several in the last 22 years. They usually become head coaches.

ghostoffootballpast

I assume the comment about never seeing a motivated assistant is in jest.  Watching athletic teams for a number of years I would say most of the good programs have good staffs, and that includes being motivated.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: ghostoffootballpast on January 12, 2017, 12:27:33 pm
I assume the comment about never seeing a motivated assistant is in jest.  Watching athletic teams for a number of years I would say most of the good programs have good staffs, and that includes being motivated.
It was in jest for EA Cat. You know the first thing Billy Dawson did when he got the Nashville job the first time?

ghostoffootballpast

Not really, but I would guess he carefully explained his expectations of his staff.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: ghostoffootballpast on January 12, 2017, 01:36:25 pm
Not really, but I would guess he carefully explained his expectations of his staff.
Took all the nice office chairs out of the coaches office and replaced them with a couple of metal folding chairs.

Made

Quote from: Oldman on January 12, 2017, 02:05:59 pm
Took all the nice office chairs out of the coaches office and replaced them with a couple of metal folding chairs.
must have been a small office ;) needed more room to move around in

purpleswag

why?

ghostoffootballpast

Jimbo Morphis

footballfan-tastic

Back to a more important question.  Who's looking strong in getting this job?

cuckoobird

Some people are just dense oldman

Bayou Bully

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on January 10, 2017, 04:42:59 pm
I don't really think ANY current head coach in 4A would leave their school and go to Des Arc. So...that means, ANY 4A job > Des Arc.

Nothing against Des Arc, but c'mon man, a 4A job is better job is better than a 2A job. If your coach is happy there then so be it, but it's not because of the "prestige" of Des Arc. Some people just don't to aspire to move up to bigger and better things.

ANY? Cave City, Waldron, Harrisburg, Berryville, Jonesboro Westside, Brookland? Not so sure ANY 4A job is better

Jacketman65

I kind of like the 5 gallon bucket idea!  Won't take long.

ea cat

Naw there are padded lids for those now. Metal chairs are the best way.

Trojanball24

cuckoobird

I doubt Chris wants to move to lonoke

BulldogDad82

Quote from: cuckoobird on January 13, 2017, 10:14:59 am
I doubt Chris wants to move to lonoke

Yes, I don't see that happening either.

Razorbacks48

i wonder how many guys that applied pulled their application out when then heard they were waiting until May

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: ea cat on January 13, 2017, 06:32:48 am
Naw there are padded lids for those now. Metal chairs are the best way.
Heard there is a metal chair waiting on me in my office.

Pat Swilling

Does LHS have an assistant on staff who will land this job?

Big Country

Quote from: Pat Swilling on January 17, 2017, 10:05:44 am
Does LHS have an assistant on staff who will land this job?
They have an Asst that has been the interim coach, and is running off season and doing a really good job

ea cat

Oldman I noticed the red metal chair was gone from my front porch. Good Luck to the Jackrabbits.

titan33

Curious to see who they hire, after a couple years a good coach will have them back competing for a conference championship.

Razorbacks48

with them waiting so long it makes you think they don't want taggert, widener took his name out, bolding got Parkview, so what other name does that leave? and with it being in may will that person even still want it by then?

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Razorbacks48 on January 19, 2017, 08:29:47 am
with them waiting so long it makes you think they don't want taggert, widener took his name out, bolding got Parkview, so what other name does that leave? and with it being in may will that person even still want it by then?
Pretty sure their plan to hire the preacher-parole officer as head coach hit a speed bump.

Razorbacks48

i heard widener took his name out and applied for a bigger (5A) job

Rick Swines

Quote from: Razorbacks48 on January 19, 2017, 10:30:20 am
i heard widener took his name out and applied for a bigger (5A) job

Wynne.  If he doesn't get wynne he will be the Lonoke Coach.

Razorbacks48

is that what he has told them? that if he doesn't get Wynne he will take the lonoke job and thats why there has been a wait?

titan33

Quote from: Rick Swines on January 19, 2017, 11:06:28 am
Wynne.  If he doesn't get wynne he will be the Lonoke Coach.
So False

bbishop

I have heard they have offered the job to a 7A OC...he is still considering if he will take it.

Big Country

I heard if you switch to geico you can save $$$$$ .......

sorry my attempt at humor this friday

Iknewthemwhen

Lonoke pays 7A money?

Sonofasonofasailor

Quote from: Iknewthemwhen on January 20, 2017, 09:39:32 pm
Lonoke pays 7A money?

This was from an earlier post in this thread.  Don't know how this compares to a 7A OC salary.

BOST DOUG Lonoke contract 2016-17 = $73,042.16

Pat Swilling

I know nothing about LHS fb.  or situation.  I've never been to Lonoke.  How is this not an attractive job.  Gotta be one of better 4A jobs.  Right?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas