• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Palestine-Wheatley HC

Started by goldoline, November 23, 2016, 07:57:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

big E

I do but I can't say until after it's all over.

Razorbacks48

ahhh come on...let us all in on the fun lol  ;D

big E

As soon as they make it official tonight I will let you know. But we will have a new coach tonight.

Oblivious

Quote from: big E on December 12, 2016, 02:09:53 pm
As soon as they make it official tonight I will let you know. But we will have a new coach tonight.
Unless your school board pulls a Watson Chapel ;)

big E

Quote from: Oblivious on December 12, 2016, 02:16:20 pm
Unless your school board pulls a Watson Chapel ;)
wouldn't that be something.

green-eagle

Quote from: YouKnowUno on December 06, 2016, 11:47:22 am
There was also a guy that coached in Des Arc a while back that applied I think.

HARPER!

big E

Nope nobody that coached at Des Arc applied. 12 applied narrowed to 4 one of which didn't show for the interview Friday. That left 3 and after 7:00 Should be 1.

big E

And the winner is Coach Kary Knowlton.

mlt

big E

COLIN CAMBELL AND CASEY MCCDANIEL.

big E

Knowlton played at PW under Frank Francis, and Craig Laird. He coached at PW for 3 years before going to Louisiana last fall.

Made

Quote from: big E on December 12, 2016, 08:57:45 pm
Knowlton played at PW under Frank Francis, and Craig Laird. He coached at PW for 3 years before going to Louisiana last fall.
so he's been coaching for 4 years now?

Razorbacks48

thanks for the updates big e! congratulations to knowlton! Where is cambell and mcdaniel currently coach? seems to be two pretty good guys as well to make it down to the final 3..

big E

Cambell is at Augusta mccdaniel is at marion.

littleman

no experienced head coaches applied, but i do think that any of these 3 would have been a great fit.

Made

Quote from: littleman on December 14, 2016, 04:46:49 pm
no experienced head coaches applied, but i do think that any of these 3 would have been a great fit.
I figure you mean high school head coaches. As McDaniel is a head coach for marion jr high.

Lions84

big E

Quote from: Lions84 on March 28, 2017, 03:32:12 pm
Good for the Red Devils !
Ah the old Palestine Red Devils. Still some stickers floating around with the old Red Devil on it. I was part of the last Red Devil and the First Patriot. Funny how this generation don't have a clue about the Red Devils and the Pirates and how much we couldn't stand each other.

Lions84

Quote from: big E on March 30, 2017, 08:52:19 pm
Ah the old Palestine Red Devils. Still some stickers floating around with the old Red Devil on it. I was part of the last Red Devil and the First Patriot. Funny how this generation don't have a clue about the Red Devils and the Pirates and how much we couldn't stand each other.
[/quot

No they don't one year on a open date we went to a Red Devils vs Wheatly Pirates game and it was a knock down drag out.  A friend of Dads was on the staff at Palestine and came down to a job we were on north of Monroe and wanted Dad to let me move in with him and play for the Red Devils fall of 1983.  Mom said NO! and Clarendon HC Mike Gray like to had a stroke.

big E

It's still a sore subject today for some of the older people.  Especially since the federal court ruling that the district could shut down the wheatley campus . That saved this school.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas