• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Watson Chapel Wildcats at Wynne YellowJackets --- Semifinals!!!

Started by MDXPHD, November 18, 2016, 09:37:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

#1jacketfan

FD4....Yellowcake is a female....you know you can't win an argument with a woman!

MDXPHD

PrivateLesson

Quote from: #1jacketfan on November 20, 2016, 09:08:28 am
FD4....Yellowcake is a female....you know you can't win an argument with a woman!
no wonder Steve Perry likes her.

PrivateLesson

Be careful using too many :) and you should mark your gender, Yellowcake.  Happy posting!

The Future

Quote from: walkingguy72396 on November 20, 2016, 08:50:00 am
Great now I have to google a word.  BRB

Why- for what reason or purpose.
Do-perform, achieve, complete.
Some- unspecific amount, refer to something or someone unknown.
Posters- person who posts online, large printed picture for decoration.
Find- discover or perceive, recognize or discover.
The- denoting one or more nouns already mentioned or assumed to be common, point forward to a following phrase or clause.
Need- require something because of its value, expressing need or obligation.
To- motion in a direction, identify person or thing, base form of infinitive verb.
Be- to exist, occur, or take place.
Acerbic- sharp and forthright. tasting sour or bitter.
And- used to connect words and clauses, used to introduce an additional comment or interjection.
Bitter- having a sharp, pungent taste or smell, not sweet. angry or hurt or resentful feelings

Didn't know which word you were talking about, walkingguy. Hope this helps
;D

walkingguy72396

Quote from: The Future on November 20, 2016, 09:41:16 am
Why- for what reason or purpose.
Do-perform, achieve, complete.
Some- unspecific amount, refer to something or someone unknown.
Posters- person who posts online, large printed picture for decoration.
Find- discover or perceive, recognize or discover.
The- denoting one or more nouns already mentioned or assumed to be common, point forward to a following phrase or clause.
Need- require something because of its value, expressing need or obligation.
To- motion in a direction, identify person or thing, base form of infinitive verb.
Be- to exist, occur, or take place.
Acerbic- sharp and forthright. tasting sour or bitter.
And- used to connect words and clauses, used to introduce an additional comment or interjection.
Bitter- having a sharp, pungent taste or smell, not sweet. angry or hurt or resentful feelings

Didn't know which word you were talking about, walkingguy. Hope this helps
;D

I googled acerbic.  I do not think any of the above helped.

walkingguy72396

Complete Biased PoV

Quote from: PA Dad on November 19, 2016, 11:00:09 pm
I've seen parts of Wynne games on live stream.  They are definitely a top notch team.  They probably have the best running game I've seen in a long time in any classification in Arkansas.  They actually remind me of Salt Lake City East, the team that beat PA this year.

I saw part of the WC/Alma game.  I have not seen any of their other games so I don't know much about WC.

I doubt that WC can hold Wynne to 35 points.  So the question is whether WC can score 35 or more.

From my limited observation of Wynne, I think the defense is stout against the run but may be more vulnerable to a good passing attack.  I don't know if WC has that, but I think it is WC's only chance to win.

I'll take Wynne by 10.

I'll be honest, their offense is not even close to the caliber of East.  Now does that mean they are not "very good"?  Not at all, Wynne is a very good team with a good offense. 

Pwil11

At this point, you can throw records, conference, scores, and schedules out the window. It comes down to which team plays the best this Friday night.

The_Pioneer

I think it would be hiliarious to get WC in the finals.  We still owe them a defeat to make it 3 in a row by cheating.

walkingguy72396

Watson Chapel vs Batesville.  Really.  Which of them has the best chance of a 3rd win?

JacketDad

Quote from: walkingguy72396 on November 20, 2016, 12:16:11 pm
Watson Chapel vs Batesville.  Really.  Which of them has the best chance of a 3rd win?
According to Fred Bird they both have the same chance to get to the championship game. 

Hoghead2

The 5A South rears it's ugly head  !  Watson Chapel 38 Wynne 35 !!!!!

PA Dad

Quote from: Complete Biased PoV on November 20, 2016, 10:11:48 am
I'll be honest, their offense is not even close to the caliber of East.  Now does that mean they are not "very good"?  Not at all, Wynne is a very good team with a good offense.

I was not trying to compare the teams in terms of quality.  I just meant that the offenses are similar.

Yellowcake

Yellowcake

Quote from: #1jacketfan on November 20, 2016, 09:08:28 am

Not only am I female, I am 7 years old. And yet trolling the average adult Wynne fan is as easy as a walk in the park. But my age and gender does keep me from brawling with ya'll behind the Wynne Sonic. although I bet I could keep it close until your buddies jumped in.

I hope you guys have a nice Thanksgiving "breaking down game film." I don't even know how Wynne practices until the coaches hear from ya'll.

As for me and Thanksgiving, I'll be at the kids table eating jello and turkey cut up into small bites, just hoping my team gets a win against one of the East Conference beasts, so I Can see this "new breed" football ya'll keep talking about.. I will try to find you at the game if we make it. I will look for the guy still  wearing a 1979 letter jacket that he outgrew in 1982.

Go PA. ownership has its privileges.

Insert 10 smiley faces.

FD4

OK Cake, I get it.  You accidentally did something that was wrong, vs, you did it knowing better. 

How many students are attending Pulaski Academy?  How many state championships has PA won in any sport other than football?  How many miles must a student athlete live from the private school to be eligible for participation in athletics with public schools? What is the tuition at Pulaski Academy for a 9th grade student? 

Just wondering.  Now, tell me the truth, don't lie, be honest.  Does Pulaski Academy contact other 5 star athletes from around the state to play football for Pulaski Academy. (BE ADVISED, I KNOW THE ANSWER) I would like to hear it from the fingers of an obvious Pulaski Academy die hard fan, that's all.  PS, I do like PA, its posters, their team, their coaching staff, the head coach, and I know former players, and am a personal friend of the dad of a former PA standout.  So don't take it so bad, just tell the truth, if you can.

FD4

Cake, I guess I should have read the post just two posts above this one.  I just fell out of my chair laughing.  You are the personification of the work "Fan".  I yield my time to the lady in red!  Good stuff.

Hope PA does great against Batesville buy my computer formula has the Bruins falling to the Pioneers by a score of 35 to 32.

ViloniaEaglestoWMS

Quote from: Absolut on November 19, 2016, 02:44:50 pm
I can make an argment we don't know who wynne is. They have played the weakest schedule I've seen in class 5A. I'm struggling to even find tape of a quality opponent that wynne has played. So who can say wynne is truly championship material?

lol

This may be the dumbest thing ever posted on here

#1 from the south would've had trouble making the playoffs in the east

But it's wynne that had the weakest sched you've seen

lol it's weak only to you because they're made to look bad.  they curbstomp everybody they play

ViloniaEaglestoWMS

Quote from: FD4 on November 20, 2016, 07:41:15 am
You know my posts better than that Dad, Absolute made that statement again Wynne having the weakest schedule in 5A. But if you really want to start slinging crap, do you know the difference between "willful" and "wontent"? Be very careful what you say next, the rest of 5A has had about enough of your Academy and every thing it gets away with.

Mr. "$4000 a month" Cruz Williams is not feeling the love from you

Hey where is he these days

Hopefully he and his mother are living under a bridge

zebradynasty

Afraid the train stop here for WC. Now if they can get some turnovers and turn them in to TD's they have a shot. Physical teams with size and speed that like to run the ball give WC problems (true with most team). However, I have not seen WC play since they made the switch at QB but I know they have some explosiveness in their offense. Maybe they can turn it into a high scoring game?

playmaker04

Quote from: FD4 on November 21, 2016, 11:33:14 am
OK Cake, I get it.  You accidentally did something that was wrong, vs, you did it knowing better. 

How many students are attending Pulaski Academy?  How many state championships has PA won in any sport other than football?  How many miles must a student athlete live from the private school to be eligible for participation in athletics with public schools? What is the tuition at Pulaski Academy for a 9th grade student? 

Just wondering.  Now, tell me the truth, don't lie, be honest.  Does Pulaski Academy contact other 5 star athletes from around the state to play football for Pulaski Academy. (BE ADVISED, I KNOW THE ANSWER) I would like to hear it from the fingers of an obvious Pulaski Academy die hard fan, that's all.  PS, I do like PA, its posters, their team, their coaching staff, the head coach, and I know former players, and am a personal friend of the dad of a former PA standout.  So don't take it so bad, just tell the truth, if you can.
crickets chirping

ViloniaEaglestoWMS

Quote from: Yellowcake on November 20, 2016, 11:18:44 pm
Not only am I female, I am 7 years old. And yet trolling the average adult Wynne fan is as easy as a walk in the park. But my age and gender does keep me from brawling with ya'll behind the Wynne Sonic. although I bet I could keep it close until your buddies jumped in.

I hope you guys have a nice Thanksgiving "breaking down game film." I don't even know how Wynne practices until the coaches hear from ya'll.

As for me and Thanksgiving, I'll be at the kids table eating jello and turkey cut up into small bites, just hoping my team gets a win against one of the East Conference beasts, so I Can see this "new breed" football ya'll keep talking about.. I will try to find you at the game if we make it. I will look for the guy still  wearing a 1979 letter jacket that he outgrew in 1982.

Go PA. ownership has its privileges.

Insert 10 smiley faces.

be quiet girl, men are talking

Insert 10 smiley faces

FD4

You know the real thing is this.  When you have repeated success, no matter who it is or what the sport, your gonna get hated on.  Right now it''s PA because of a very successful football program no matter how they do it. The other half of that is, generally speaking, most everyone is the underdog going in against PA, and most of us will pull for the dog in that situation.  Same in NASCAR, Boxing, Track, NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB, and on and on.  Heck, that is why we always hated those Russian Judges, biased morons!

Absolut

Over the past few years teams with big physical offensive line and power running game have hurt WC. Wynne has those qualities so I'm very concerned about that aspect of the game. However we have faced 2 flexbone teams and did a good job against both. So we do have a blueprint as to how we want to attack this offense. Of course wynne is much better than Hot Springs and magnolia though. The keys to the game for WC defensively will be 1. Force turnovers 2. Limit big plays. Now that is a bland goal for every team defensively, but how WC goes about it is the key. I think we really have to blitz and stunt wynne to hurry the option progression and force some bad pitches and botched handoff. Secondly we simply cannot give up huge runs up the middle and perimeter. We HAVE to make this team work for every yard and usually option teams will fumble if they have to drive 10+  plays.

oldjacketman

That's a great game plan. That is what McClellan did. They made wynne earn it and forced a turnover on the option. The result was yielding 450 yards and 36 points.

Grond

Cheers to Watson Chapel for making it this far. But they are in for a tough night.

What has been tough about Wynne this year is that: They have been able to pass when they needed to.

You put 9 guys in "the box" on defense, and Wynne is able to execute their passing game. So, you loosen up the defense a little, and Wynne goes back to pounding your Right Defensive End. Wynne's big improvement over last year is being able to execute the quick pitch out of the flexbone. A well-run flexbone outside pitch will give 3 or 4 more steps than a 'standard' pitch play, because the running back is already in motion.

So, why isn't everyone running the flexbone offense? Because it is hard to run well. The speed and timing of the QB is critical, and it is difficult to find a young man that can execute the system well. But Wynne has that young man this year.

Yellowcake

Quote from: FD4 on November 21, 2016, 11:33:14 am

Will tell you what I know, or think I know.

Contacting 5 star athletes....only one I know of to ever play there was Broderick Green. Not sure when he came to PA. Hunter Henry came to PA when his family moved to LR. He was in 8th grade. If you give me the name of a PA player you believe was wooed from another school, I will tell you.
My daughter is in 9th grade. Every kid playing football in that class has been there since elementary school, with a few exceptions. The very few exceptions are decent football players, but came there for reasons other than football. No ringer recruits at all.

Enrollment. I think 1210, k-12

9th grade tuition. 12,905 a year.

Other state championships. A couple in hoops, at least 3 in baseball and several in soccer, tennis and maybe another sport or two. I think 5 total in football.

Mileage from school. I don't know, but I don't know any kids that live in another town. May be some, but I don't know of any.

Scholarships. Some on here know this story better than I do. But financial assistance is available to some students. But no one gets a bye on the academic side. It's a tough school. Very tough.

If it helps, i am a huge HS football fan. When I moved to LR I used to go to PA games and root against them. Hated PA, all because I thought it was a bunch of rich spoiled punk kids. Then I had kids, knew the public school situation, and researched private school academics and environment, and ended up at PA. Had to eat a lot of crow from friends and had to come up with a reason to root for them in sports. Turns out, I learned they win because they work like dogs 50 weeks a year and have the support of some terrific parents. And the kids are mostly A plus, respectful hard workers. And coach kelley holds them to high standards. In other words, pretty much all the reasons I was a hater were because of perceptions that didn't meet reality. And it's like a little community, and I love most of the residents.

Do I go out of my way to be kind, respectful, nice and everything visitors don't think PA is when those visitors come to games there, you bet I do. If you are from out of town and are in line when I come through, I am paying your way in and tell you I hope you have a great time and see a great game, and welcome to Pa.

I know, more than you asked for, but now you know a little about me. I am on the chains at home games. Come say hello if you are ever at a home game.

Now, with all that said, I will continue to troll and bite back against the PA haters. Just know I am almost always smiling when I do. You'll know when I'm not.

Peace my friend. :)

EastSideMafia

Broderick green was class of '07. I know for a fact he was brought in to play ball only. Had a buddy from Scott who knew him well. I just don't understand how PA being a private school gets to be a part of the AAA. Lee academy in Marianna has to play in the Mississippi private school conference. Is this by choice or has the AAA denied them joining a small conference and play size like schools? Just wondering

Complete Biased PoV

Quote from: EastSideMafia on November 21, 2016, 11:30:45 pm
Broderick green was class of '07. I know for a fact he was brought in to play ball only. Had a buddy from Scott who knew him well. I just don't understand how PA being a private school gets to be a part of the AAA. Lee academy in Marianna has to play in the Mississippi private school conference. Is this by choice or has the AAA denied them joining a small conference and play size like schools? Just wondering

Lee Academy plays in Mississippi by choice.

Complete Biased PoV

Quote from: Yellowcake on November 21, 2016, 11:07:08 pm

Other state championships. A couple in hoops, at least 3 in baseball and several in soccer, tennis and maybe another sport or two. I think 5 total in football.

I'll help out a little here.  2 in Boys Bball, pretty sure it is 5 in baseball (93,94,03,04,13), tennis, golf, soccer, swimming.  I believe including the 5 in football, the state championship total is somewhere around 46.

Yellowcake

Assuming this is accurate.....that's one.

tmycjy

Quote from: Complete Biased PoV on November 21, 2016, 11:50:38 pm
I'll help out a little here.  2 in Boys Bball, pretty sure it is 5 in baseball (93,94,03,04,13), tennis, golf, soccer, swimming.  I believe including the 5 in football, the state championship total is somewhere around 46.

Hey guy here Wynne state tittle and runner up for each sport

Football state tittle 1950, 1986, 2001, 2004
          Runner up.  1980, 2014
Boys basketball runner up 1987, 2010
Girls basketball state champion 1981, 1983, 1985, 1987, 1988,
Runner up tittle 1986 ,1989 I think not sure of the tittle and runner up on this one no we had a lot in the 80 with girls basketball

Baseball state runner up 1993
Softball state tittle not sure of the years but it 2
Runner up 1 not sure of the years but do know for sure are softball season one came in the 2000

Girls Volleyball state runner up 1

Boys track we got some don't know when
Girls track we have some also don't know when
We also many many many kids on we're state champion in just one track and field event

Boys and girls golf as far as I know Wynne doesn't have a team state champion but we did have some kids win single state tittle

Boy and girls tennis none of girls side 1 state tittle on boys side , none in dubble in girls or boys

walkingguy72396

WCN

Wow, I haven't been able to check in on high school football in a several weeks.  Maybe when school is over I can actually catch a high school football game.  Congrats to WC!  I honestly didn't expect you to make it this far.  You have a chance to do something special.  At one point in my high school career, we were beat 48-0 by certain striped horses across town.  That same season we came back and beat that same team 18-15 in the playoffs.  I remember someone holding a sign up before the game that said, "If the New York Giants can do it, so can we".  So in high school football anything can happen. From the outside looking in, Wynne is the better team.  That doesn't mean anything if they aren't the best team on Friday night!  Good luck to both squads, I will root for whoever wins this game to beat PA(assuming they make it).  So here is to no injuries for either squad that would carry into the championship game!

Maynard G Krebs

Broderick was a student/athlete at Pulaski Robinson before he transferred to PA his Junior year.  He chose to come to PA, he was not recruited.  His older brother Stephen Green had graduated from PA and played for PA as well and went to UNC on scholarship.  Their older brother was playing for the KC Chiefs during this time.

PercussionMan

I don't figure that Cinderella will be within 2-3 scores of Wynne when it's all said and done. 

Trojanball24

WC is loaded with talent this year... I guarantee you they will have more college prospects than Wynne. I give the edge to WC.

sportsguy80

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on November 22, 2016, 07:38:24 am
Broderick was a student/athlete at Pulaski Robinson before he transferred to PA his Junior year.  He chose to come to PA, he was not recruited.  His older brother Stephen Green had graduated from PA and played for PA as well and went to UNC on scholarship.  Their older brother was playing for the KC Chiefs during this time.
Just to be frank both were recruited. Stop it with the "PA doesn't recruit talk" please because anyone with sense knows better. They are a PRIVATE school that can and has done it for years. It's funny how you guys come on here and one minute you don't like PA but the next minute you're defending them. Now back to the WC/Wynne game.

JacketDad

Quote from: Trojanball24 on November 22, 2016, 09:13:11 am
WC is loaded with talent this year... I guarantee you they will have more college prospects than Wynne. I give the edge to WC.
May have more college prospects that PA also but the fact remains you probably couldn't beat either of them.

WCN

Quote from: Trojanball24 on November 22, 2016, 09:13:11 am

I can never tell if you are being serious. I hope not. I think that I must just have a different idea of "loaded with talent" than you.  Alabama is loaded with talent. WC has, like most schools, a few kids that may play football again after high school.  Most kids are simply average-good players at the high school level.

Steve Perry 2.11

Quote from: Yellowcake on November 21, 2016, 11:07:08 pm

Will tell you what I know, or think I know.

Neal Barlow back in the late 2000's I believe. He was living in Arizona before he moved here. Now the rumor we heard back in the day is that he moved here and lived with someone. Never heard if his parents moved to LR or not. We heard they didn't.

Steve Perry 2.11

Quote from: Steve Perry 2.11 on November 22, 2016, 11:32:49 am
Neal Barlow back in the late 2000's I believe. He was living in Arizona before he moved here. Now the rumor we heard back in the day is that he moved here and lived with someone. Never heard if his parents moved to LR or not. We heard they didn't.

Mr. Krebs enlightened me.

FD4

Thanks a bunch cake, I really appreciate that. You know you hear a lot of stuff, mostly you could say "objection, hearsay" and the judge would say "sustained". Enough said. You wouldn't be a chain gang guy for PA would you?

Pioneerman68

Going to be pulling for Wynne in this one. Good luck guys

PrivateLesson

Yellowcake is a early 80's graduate from Rogers, I believe.....Oh and takes a pretty picture.  :)

Steve Perry 2.11

Quote from: PrivateLesson on November 22, 2016, 01:45:11 pm
Yellowcake is a early 80's graduate from Rogers, I believe.....Oh and takes a pretty picture.  :)

Should be more like "cupcake"

NEAInfo

With Jessup out, WC scores an extra TD, but should get this one. Wynne 35 WC 21

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas