• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

13-2A regular season

Started by BigLion10, November 06, 2016, 07:10:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BigLion10

Abundant Life
Carlisle
Clarendon
England
Hazen
Jacksonville Lighthouse
Marvell
NLR Lisa Academy

BigLion10

Girls season starts this week, some boys start so thoughts on the upcoming season and post games and scores here

Bildo

Girls side comes down to England and Carlisle. England should win the boys with Clarendon second imo. Granted this is not the way the district tournament will work out because they all go their separate ways. Just my perspective on the head to head.

MomaLion

What does England have back from last year...boys and girls?

MomaLion

Quote from: BigLion10 on November 06, 2016, 07:10:41 pm
Abundant Life
Carlisle
Clarendon
England
Hazen
Jacksonville Lighthouse
Marvell
NLR Lisa Academy
Have I mentioned how much I detest these new alignments??? A little change is fine but they just tossed some names in the air and saw where everyone landed lol.

Cheek

Quote from: MomaLion on November 07, 2016, 03:41:55 am
What does England have back from last year...boys and girls?
[/quote

Boys will be loaded and make another run at State this year.  Girls will be down some, but should still be able to compete for conference. Have one injury to key player, and it is still wait and see at this point.

MomaLion

Lions84

BigLion10

England girls playing at Magnet Cove tonight

BigLion10

Bildo

Sr Girls
Carlisle - 64
Maumelle - 47

BigLion10

Basketballfan21

How didn't the lady bison look?

HoopKing

They were up 27 points when coach subbed all of his kids. They looked pretty good

Basketballfan21

BigLion10

Englands girls play host to Dumas tonight

Bildo

Quote from: BigLion10 on November 10, 2016, 09:34:11 am
Englands girls play host to Dumas tonight
Good luck!! Is everyone back from injury?

Cheek1

England boys will be good this year, BJ 6.8 is back and have good guard play, girls will need to find their places, one of starting girls out with injury, should recover in 2-3 weeks, girls will struggle at times, but Mackey will have them together by end of season to make a run

BigLion10

Out a couple of weeks bildo should be back for conference season to start

BigLion10

Bildo

Dang! The Lady Lions are putting up some points!

HoopKing

Sounds like they aren't guarding anybody though!

Bigditchlion

The England girls looked really good. Oh they guarded but that's the lions style up and down with lots of transition points. Hats off to Dumas, they are a quality team.

BigLion10

Nah england was up 25 early in the 4th emptied out out bench they kept their starters in and got a lot of late points

HoopKing

Can't wait to see them and Carlisle play.

Basketballfan21

not as good as previous teams but they aren't  Bad but will have some trouble against good teams with speed and defense.

HoopKing

Are you talking about England?
Quote from: Basketballfan21 on November 12, 2016, 01:54:29 am
not as good as previous teams but they aren't  Bad but will have some trouble against good teams with speed and defense.

Basketballfan21

Cheek

Quote from: Basketballfan21 on November 12, 2016, 01:54:29 am

One of our best players is out at this time .  May struggle some until she returns.

Bildo

The Lady Bison hope to improve to 2-0 with 1 game this week... LR Fair at home on Tuesday.

BigLion10

Englands next game is the 22nd at wonderview

HoopKing

Carlisle travels to poyen on Nov. 21.  That could be a good test on the road.

BigLion10

Yea I may drive down there myself and watch the game

MomaLion

Clarendon plays Kipp Friday in Clarendon...apparently their Sr boys canceled their game stating not enough to play.

BigLion10

Keep us updated tonight bildo

Bildo

Lady Bison-69
LR Fair-34

Mercy rule enforced at the beginning of the 2nd half

MomaLion

My Red Lions face Kipp Delta Helena tomorrow night minus the Sr boys(Kipp cancelled)...let's go Clarendon-Holly Grove Lions!!!

birddawg1986

I was really disappointed in England(boys) last year. I thought they played really soft in there blow out loss in the state tournament to EPC. They really looked good coming out the locker room. Maybe coach will put big boy on the block and not on the wing....Getting past Earle, Marked Tree, EPC again will be a challenge for any 2A team in they want to win state.

Cheek

Quote from: birddawg1986 on November 18, 2016, 07:34:51 am
I was really disappointed in England(boys) last year. I thought they played really soft in there blow out loss in the state tournament to EPC. They really looked good coming out the locker room. Maybe coach will put big boy on the block and not on the wing....Getting past Earle, Marked Tree, EPC again will be a challenge for any 2A team in they want to win state.

Well how did they look the year before when they beat MT,  Earle and JC to win the State Title.  The starting PG got hurt against Augusta,  and they never got back on track last year.  England has a good team returning and should make a run at state again.

HoopKing

I liked their chances to win it until your football coach left BJ in game up 47-0 and he gets hurt.

MomaLion

Clarendon Lady Lions leading Kipp Delta 37-5 at half.

MomaLion

Clarendon-Holly Grove Lady Lions defeat Kipp Delta 50-14.

da greatest bigbaby

Good win for the Clarendon lionettes an the question was you guys  who does England have come'n back girls or boys ? Ok if you guys were at the regional last year in hazen  you would've notice England lost their best 3 players girls sr I kno one was @ the point  an the same with the boys and as soon as England suit up after the football run in Dec there gonna get whip'd badly by the Clarendon lions  an the rematch is in Clarendon noo way blowout soo with merit it's Carlisle an Clarendon girls split again an England an Clarendon boys of course   come on you guys wake up  this is basketball Clarendon wins again lol   an when we part were going whip Earle soo bad they gonna want back in with  rector an Salem them  lol

Bildo

On the girls....  it comes down to England and Carlisle, Clarendon finishes third. My sleeper is Hazen... they could sneak up on some this year if you take them lightly

HoopKing

No way Clarendon girls beat Carlisle girls

MomaLion

The majority of Clarendon's girls are young but that doesn't hurt them. They will give Carlisle and England all they want this year and be even better next year. I have yet to see the boys play but I hear it's stacked with talent. My son said they were an entire team of superstars.

Basketballfan21

Carlisle girls have picked up some wins, they have majority of players back and added a couple good JR high kids up. They look better than last year.. England girls are lacking a true point guard.. they did lose two superstars from last year. I've seen them play and totally different kind of game speed wise. England, Carlisle, and Clarendon will be some good games to watch

Bildo

Quote from: Basketballfan21 on November 20, 2016, 10:29:43 pm
Carlisle girls have picked up some wins, they have majority of players back and added a couple good JR high kids up. They look better than last year.. England girls are lacking a true point guard.. they did lose two superstars from last year. I've seen them play and totally different kind of game speed wise. England, Carlisle, and Clarendon will be some good games to watch
The Lady Bison have played two games this year and won them both. (Maumelle and LR Fair) Maumelle is a decent team and LR Fair is not very good, both games were at home. We will see how they fair tonight as the head to Poyen. They do "look" and handle the ball better as a team and seem to get down the floor well. Time will tell when you start playing familiar teams.  They will play in the Harmony Grove tournament next week... when we see the outcome there, that should offer a pretty good measure as to where they stand.

BigLion10

Poyen over carlisle in both senior games tonight

MomaLion

How are Carlisle's boys looking?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas