• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

7A Class

Started by moe99expedition, October 17, 2016, 09:55:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

moe99expedition

7A West- Fayetteville, Har-Ber, Bentonville, Rogers
7A Central- Conway, NLR, Southside, Northside

I would not put anything pass Conway or Southside. They both have wins over Har-Ber this year.

Vballfan

NLR over Cabot in 5 tonight. Conway is the 1, NLR the 2 and Southside the 3. I believe Northside will be the 4 but they have really faded in the second half after a string start so MSM may edge them out for the 4, Cabot is the 6

Bentonville certainly has the tradition and an excellent coach. Cabot has the leading hitter in total kills and kills per set.  When Cabot is on, they can compete. Should be a good match.

The winner will get NLR.  NLR is very athletic and plays scrappy defense. They block well and have a couple nice hitters.  They have an aggressive coach and play hard.

moe99expedition

With that said the West cannot overlook what's going on in 7A Central. This will be an exciting state playoffs.

Vballfan

Quote from: moe99expedition on October 20, 2016, 08:38:25 am
With that said the West cannot overlook what's going on in 7A Central. This will be an exciting state playoffs.

what is interesting is Har-Ber will have to most likely beat Southside and Conway to get to the finals, they certainly have the talent to do just that but both of these teams have  victories over them this year.  Bottom half of the bracket not likely to be as competitive as Fayetteville is well ahead of NLR and Bentonville, but I agree it should be a better tournament than we have had in a while

moe99expedition

If your Conway and Southside you cannot be to upset with the way that bracket looks.

moe99expedition

After looking at the brackets again the biggest matches next to the state championships will be in the top bracket. Especially the semi-final game. Will it be televised?

moe99expedition

Today is the first day for the 7A State Playoffs (All games at Springdale Har-ber):

Rogers vs. Mt. St. Mary's
Southside vs. Bentonville West
Northside vs. Van Buren
Bentonville vs. Cabot

Any surprises?

1-Adam-12

From what I have heard, Northside/Van Buren might be a very entertaining and close match.  Cabot might give Bentonville some problems.

moe99expedition

Quote from: 1-Adam-12 on October 24, 2016, 09:17:15 am
From what I have heard, Northside/Van Buren might be a very entertaining and close match.  Cabot might give Bentonville some problems.

I hear that Cabot has some hard hitters

Vballfan

Quote from: moe99expedition on October 24, 2016, 09:01:48 am
Today is the first day for the 7A State Playoffs (All games at Springdale Har-ber):

Rogers vs. Mt. St. Mary's
Southside vs. Bentonville West
Northside vs. Van Buren
Bentonville vs. Cabot

Any surprises?

Cabot is probably the only true underdog on day 1 and while I don't know much about Bentonville - the Central was competitive 1-6 all year.  Conway, NLR and SS were a notch above but the fall off isn't as great in positions 4-6 in the Central as it is in the West IMO.  NLR got all they wanted from Cabot in the last match in 5 sets.   I'll take the Central to go 4-0  on Day 1 which to most I think would be a big surprise relative to the West dominance in recent years. 

Day 2.  Fayetteville, Har-Ber, Conway will be heavy favorites.  NLR and Bentonville/Cabot should be pretty competitive.

Day 3 I have Fayetteville, Har-Ber, Conway, NLR.

Finals: Fayetteville vs Har-Ber.  Would love to see an upset with a Conway or NLR here- but at the end of the day it comes down to players and Fayetteville has at least 3 D1 players, Har-Ber also has several headed to College.  Conway has 2-3,  NLR has several athletes and a few that may go on to play in college.

Hate to miss day 1, my daughters will both be playing for Cabot.  Sure hoping there is a day 2 for Cabot so I can see them play together at least one more time.

moe99expedition

Here is how I have it:

Day 2- Conway vs. Rogers
           Har-Ber vs. Southside
           Fayetteville vs. Northside
           NLR vs. Cabot

Day 3- Conway vs. Har-Ber (Hesitantly)
           Fayetteville vs. NLR

State Championships- Conway vs. Fayetteville

moe99expedition

Day 1- update
Southside over Bentonville West- 3-0
Rogers over Mt. St. Mary- 3-1

moe99expedition

Quote from: moe99expedition on October 25, 2016, 05:33:36 pm
Day 1- update
Southside over Bentonville West- 3-0
Rogers over Mt. St. Mary- 3-1

Van Buren over Northside- 3-2
Bentonville over Cabot- 3-0

moe99expedition

Day 2-

Rogers vs. Conway
Southside vs. Har-Ber
Fayetteville vs. Van Buren
Bentonville vs. NLR

Any predictions?

sevenof400

Quote from: moe99expedition on October 25, 2016, 09:21:37 pm
Day 2-

Rogers vs. Conway
Southside vs. Har-Ber
Fayetteville vs. Van Buren
Bentonville vs. NLR

Any predictions?

NLR did not look as good at the end of the season as they did at various points throughout the year.  If there is an upset in this set of games, I'd point there first.

moe99expedition

Day two update-

Conway sweeps Rogers (3-0)

Brian G

Har-Ber sweeps SSide.

Fay vs VB up next.

moe99expedition

Day 2 Update-

Fayetteville sweeps Van Buren- 3-0

Bentonville vs. NLR next

moe99expedition

Quote from: moe99expedition on October 26, 2016, 07:22:42 pm
Day 2 Update-

Fayetteville sweeps Van Buren- 3-0

Bentonville vs. NLR next

NLR Sweeps Bentonville- 3-0

moe99expedition

October 27, 2016, 10:37:25 am #19 Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 02:51:07 pm by moe99expedition
Semi's today:
1 vs. 2 seeds-

Conway vs. Har-Ber 1pm

Fayetteville vs. NLR 3pm

sevenof400

Quote from: moe99expedition on October 26, 2016, 09:11:34 pm
NLR Sweeps Bentonville- 3-0

That would be why I'm not in Vegas...

moe99expedition

I did not see that coming either

moe99expedition

October 27, 2016, 02:51:59 pm #22 Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 04:12:11 pm by moe99expedition
Quote from: moe99expedition on October 27, 2016, 10:37:25 am
Semi's today:
1 vs. 2 seeds-

Conway vs. Har-Ber 1pm

Fayetteville vs. NLR 3pm

Har-Ber over Conway (3-2)

Fayetteville Sweeps NLR (3-0)

moe99expedition

Finals-

Fayetteville over Har-Ber (3-1). Congrats to both teams.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas