• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bulldogs vs Mavericks

Started by The Future, September 03, 2016, 01:30:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bulldogger15

September 12, 2016, 08:38:24 am #100 Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 11:48:33 am by bulldogger15
Quote from: High Voltage on September 12, 2016, 12:21:08 am
Wow...since the state championship game last year I have read so much garbage it is just plain awful. This version of Greenwood football is different, just like every year under Rick.

The kids will be fine, the secondary will come together, the offensive line will gell, the receivers will start making the clutch catches and yes, somebody will step up and be the playmaker for the receiving core. And you know why, heck we all know why. Rick will make it happen. We are all so blessed to have him as our coach. He has raised our kids since 2003 into some pretty good young men, not to mention good football players. Now on to the big question, QB. Rick has a pretty good problem on his hands. He has two QB's that could start for any school in Arkansas. Both kids are very talented and both are fine young men. Right now we have a two QB system that seems to be working. Think about it, we have lost one game since Rick has incorporated this system with Noland and Hales. If one QB is hot we are fine, if one is off hopefully the other will step in and win the game. I think it's high time as Greenwood fans we step up our game and support both kids. I know some adults have gotten involved and they should all back off and let Rick do his thing, COACH these kids. Now I realize that most on here was a mega star back in the day and have forgotten more than Rick knows. But hey, Rick is the coach for now so it is his decision. And for the record, who are we to question a coach with Rick's success? The Noland kid is fast and is very elusive, the Hales kid is big and will run you over. Both kids have strong and accurate arms. I think we are pretty lucky to have both. And from what I hear, the two boys get along great! They seem to be better adults than some on this board.
So from this point on can we all just sing Kumbaye, watch Greenwood make a run at yet another state title? If one QB does get more playing time than the other on a certain night, just remember that it is Rick's decision and not yours. Also, when you say the line sucks or the secondary is terrible just remember that some of those kids read this board. Let's build them up, not tear them down.
+1  BINGO!!!

I stated the Bulldogs shortcomings in a very tongue in check fashion. Every single team at every level, high school, college and NFL have areas that need improving and real games to make the team gel. The same thing happened last year where Greenwood's db's improved greatly and everyone came together as the season rolled on.This year will be no different.

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Baitshop

"Waiter...more blue koolaid please."

bulldogger15

Quote from: Baitshop on September 12, 2016, 09:43:35 am
"Waiter...more blue koolaid please."
Yes, MUCH more please waiter. Again, while Southside is sitting at home for the state football championship game, Greenwood will be playing for another championship trophy. By the way, make sure that koolaid is Navy Blue and not crappie ol' "Columbia Blue". Get real Baitshop, Baby Blue is the real name of one of your schools colors and it's really fitting considering how much crying you "Mavericks" do on a regular basis. Boo, hoo... our mascot is bad, the refs are bad, the district line is bad, your fans are bad. Get real and at least get the koolaid right man. Navy Blue in a big ol' Mason Jar should do the trick. Oops, can we use the word Mason anymore? Better check with your school board Baitshop. I'd hate to offend any of you ""Mavericks". Ha!!!

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Pr8hd

Quote from: Baitshop on September 11, 2016, 11:13:20 pm
Of course, there were so many flags thrown in the game he may have just been too tired to clear the action to be seen.

My guess is they all had to wrap their arms in ice after that game after throwing so many flags.
Their "pitch count" as a unit was way up there.  ;)

bulldogmom

Baitshop

Quote from: bulldogger15 on September 12, 2016, 10:44:10 am
Yes, MUCH more please waiter. Again, while Southside is sitting at home for the state football championship game, Greenwood will be playing for another championship trophy. By the way, make sure that koolaid is Navy Blue and not crappie ol' "Columbia Blue". Get real Baitshop, Baby Blue is the real name of one of your schools colors and it's really fitting considering how much crying you "Mavericks" do on a regular basis. Boo, hoo... our mascot is bad, the refs are bad, the district line is bad, your fans are bad. Get real and at least get the koolaid right man. Navy Blue in a big ol' Mason Jar should do the trick. Oops, can we use the word Mason anymore? Better check with your school board Baitshop. I'd hate to offend any of you ""Mavericks". Ha!!!

GO BULLDOGS!!!

I've got 2 large Geno's Pepperoni pizzas that say that the UofG doesn't play in the SC game this year....regardless of how many D1 QB's you have....

You want some of that action??

WPWells

Coach Venny Slocombe

Coach Venny Slocombe

Bait I would take that bet...

Baitshop

September 12, 2016, 09:29:11 pm #109 Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 09:35:22 pm by Baitshop
I'm takin' all takers on this one....sign up boys.

WPWells

RD™

It's not a real bet unless Ranch is involved.

Coach Venny Slocombe

bulldogger15

Ol' bulldogger loves him some Geno's pizza and none will taste any better than the ones Baitshop is having to pay up. I can taste that crust and greasy pepperonis right now. I'm in!

This might be the easiest bet I've won all year. Thanks Bait!!!

GO BULLDOGS!!!

WPWells

Quote from: Baitshop on September 12, 2016, 06:06:06 pm
I've got 2 large Geno's Pepperoni pizzas that say that the UofG doesn't play in the SC game this year....regardless of how many D1 QB's you have....

You want some of that action??

Quote from: Baitshop on September 12, 2016, 09:29:11 pm
I'm takin' all takers on this one....sign up boys.

Quote from: Fred Bird on September 12, 2016, 10:06:17 pm
Okay then I'm in

Hey Bait...

CJ7

November 25, 2016, 10:09:16 pm #115 Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 09:00:58 am by CJ7
Quote from: Fred Bird on November 25, 2016, 09:57:14 pm
Hey Bait...
I've been off this board for a year, however I'm not surprised that Spongebob(bait shop) is still betting geno's pizzas. He is the worst Greenwood Alumn of all time.Lol!!! However, I've heard he's a class act in person.  Go Dogs!

Baitshop

Alright girls, unlike several of the current Greenwood faithful, I am a man of my word. If I were paid all of the Geno's Pizza that I am owed by the "Blinded by the Blue" over the years we would be able to feed all of the children in Ethiopia.

I do have a couple of requirements though, we all have to meet and eat the pizza together and it needs to be on a weeknight.

So, you girls PM each other and work out a date and I will make my way down with some of my burger flipper money and pay for it and let you gloat.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas