• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2017 5A Soccer

Started by GobSoccerFan12, May 25, 2016, 12:12:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GobSoccerFan12

I know it's extremely early, but just thought I'd get the conversation started off for next year's season. I'm looking forward to seeing how each team does in the new classification cycle, and can't wait to get things started! Who are your early picks to do well, and who are some players to look out for next season?

kenrodsimon

Sleeper Pick...

Greenbrier Girls

They will have a bunch of experienced seniors returning. The freshmen and sophomores improved over the course of this season. They will be a year older and more mature.

They have excellent speed up top. Have above average players at just about every position.

It may be a stretch with Harrison and Maumelle in their conference but I believe they can make some noise.

MDXPHD

Girls will be the same - PA, LRC, Harrison, VV, and maybe Maumelle.

sevenof400

Quote from: MDXPHD on May 25, 2016, 06:04:50 pm
Girls will be the same - PA, LRC, Harrison, VV, and maybe Maumelle.

FWIW: remember the shifts in conference starting next year will bring LRC and PA back together in the Central.  Harrison and Maumelle remain in the West and Valley View the East. 

2017 1st Round Playoff Matchups: South vs Central    East vs West
2016 1st Round Playoff Matchups: West vs Central     East vs South
2015 1st Round Playoff Matchups: East vs Central      West vs South

MDXPHD

That's true, but it won't change who the top teams are I don't think. I would think the quarterfinals will have a Central 2 (PA/LRC) vs Harrison or VV. Then Harrison or VV will play the winner of that game in the semi's. The Central 1 seed will have the easiest path to the title, probably having Maumelle/Greenbrier girls as the only competition on their side.

I say the championship will be the 1 from the central vs the 2 central/1 east/1 west. The bracket will be lopsided majorly.

MB Hog

At this point I am glad LRCA is moving back to Central, not only for the better competition, but also for the seeding in the state tournament.  If we finish 1-2 in conference, we wouldn't have to see each other until a possible matchup in the finals.

Even though I'm a PA fan, I'm currently thinking LRCA will be the favorite to win next year.  They lose their terrific goalie, but I know they were very young and have most players coming back.

Harrison loses Carlee Spears and Katie Jones.  Not sure who else they lose, but it will be tough to replace those two.

PA only loses two senior starters (both midfielders), but also losing a key freshman transferring to LR Central... and a handful of other starters who are considering not playing next year due to focus on other sports.  PA will still be good next year, but our championship dreams might depend on whether those players decide to come back for another shot.

Go Postal

July 11, 2016, 09:09:38 pm #6 Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 09:12:08 pm by Go Postal
I believe with the new changes that Greenbrier, Morrilton, Vilonia will compete with Mtn Home, Searcy, Batesville and Valley View in regular season.  But will come back to the "West" during regionals (?).

Farmington and Alma doesn't have a soccer program.  Yet, but I hear that the Airedales might have one in the near future.

That leaves 5A Harrison, Clarksville and Maumelle playing in regular season with 6A Greenwood, Siloam Springs and Russellville.  This should be a real interesting season for the 5A teams because Greenwood boys were the 6A State runner ups a couple of seasons ago and Siloam Springs boys AND girls were the 6A State Champions plus Russellville boys AND girls were the 6A State runner ups last season.  Like I said, it will be a interesting season in the 6A/5A - 1.  What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.
5A State Champions Harrison Lady Goblins only lost 3 seniors, everyone else is back.  There is a lot of talent in those juniors, sophomore and freshmen from last year and they only can get better.

GobSoccerFan12

I believe Maumelle will be in the 5A/6A 4 with the new combined conferences. Clarksville & Harrison will be the only 2 5A teams in the 5A/6A 1, as Alma & Farmington do not have a soccer program.

GobSoccerFan12

November 10, 2016, 06:21:32 pm #8 Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 06:29:08 pm by GobSoccerFan12
The season is getting closer. Who do you all expect to compete in the 5A boys this season? I know it is extremely early, but I am excited to see what happens this year, as the 5A seems to be very deep. Not sure of an exact top 10 this early on but I would put Hot Springs, DeQueen, Valley View, Maumelle, HS Lakeside, Clarksville, LRC and maybe a couple more into the way to early top 10.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas