• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2015-2016 NBA Season

Started by beach bum, October 27, 2015, 01:42:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: HorseFeathers on July 05, 2016, 05:34:09 pm
smh....the years of players staying with one franchise have come to an end...Chase the money and rings, it's basically what the common man does in their career path isn't it?

Yeah and it's a big reason none of these guys should be in the discussion about being the greatest. 

bdubyab60

This making of big 3's somewhat started years ago. Drexler going to Houston and then later Barkley. Shaq moved a few times. Gary Peyton and Karl Malone. All in hopes of winning a title but later in their careers. Guys are chasing earlier  in their careers now. You have to have a couple of stars to win a title and some guys are willing to take less money too bring in another guy.

The about Durant though is hes left a team that was 48 minutes X 3 from making a finals appearance and OKC has shown they are willing to try and put some players around him.

They way its looking is that GS and Cleveland could see each other again next year. Kind of like the Lakers and Boston there for a while when one or the other won the title each year for what a decade of something like that.

bdubyab60

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on July 06, 2016, 11:40:03 am
Yeah and it's a big reason none of these guys should be in the discussion about being the greatest.
I kind of agree Chief. Some of those older guys jumped team back in the day, for the most part teams were built through the draft and just added pieces, not stars.

Also Im not sure if I heard it right or what. But heard it said that Lebron was the first to go for 40 plus in back to back finals games, or some stat to that nature. If that's how it was said then it simply isn't true. Look at Jordans numbers in the 92-93 finals against Pheonix, averaged 41pts. for the series.

Lionheart88

Quote from: bdubyab60 on July 06, 2016, 11:44:18 am
This making of big 3's somewhat started years ago. Drexler going to Houston and then later Barkley. Shaq moved a few times. Gary Peyton and Karl Malone. All in hopes of winning a title but later in their careers. Guys are chasing earlier  in their careers now. You have to have a couple of stars to win a title and some guys are willing to take less money too bring in another guy.

The about Durant though is hes left a team that was 48 minutes X 3 from making a finals appearance and OKC has shown they are willing to try and put some players around him.

They way its looking is that GS and Cleveland could see each other again next year. Kind of like the Lakers and Boston there for a while when one or the other won the title each year for what a decade of something like that.
"could"?  Barring catastrophic injury, next year's Finals matchup is already set.  GSW won the most games in league history last year, before adding a top-3 player.  Cleveland will cruise through the East the same way they have the last two.

DerekOxford

Quote from: bdubyab60 on July 06, 2016, 11:50:54 am
I kind of agree Chief. Some of those older guys jumped team back in the day, for the most part teams were built through the draft and just added pieces, not stars.

Also Im not sure if I heard it right or what. But heard it said that Lebron was the first to go for 40 plus in back to back finals games, or some stat to that nature. If that's how it was said then it simply isn't true. Look at Jordans numbers in the 92-93 finals against Pheonix, averaged 41pts. for the series.

No one said LeBron was the first, just that he was the first to do it since Shaq, and yes, Jordan went for 40 plus four games in a row in that '93 Finals.

bdubyab60

Quote from: Lionheart88 on July 06, 2016, 12:18:26 pm
"could"?  Barring catastrophic injury, next year's Finals matchup is already set.  GSW won the most games in league history last year, before adding a top-3 player.  Cleveland will cruise through the East the same way they have the last two.
If Lebron or Kyrie go down I don't think Cleveland makes the finals. I don't think GS wins 73 again even though technically they should be better.

bdubyab60

Quote from: DerekOxford on July 06, 2016, 03:06:58 pm
No one said LeBron was the first, just that he was the first to do it since Shaq, and yes, Jordan went for 40 plus four games in a row in that '93 Finals.
I wasn't for sure how it was said. One of those things I just caught a part of the conversation.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: bdubyab60 on July 06, 2016, 04:46:38 pm
If Lebron or Kyrie go down I don't think Cleveland makes the finals. I don't think GS wins 73 again even though technically they should be better.

think they might have learned a lesson from going for regular season glory?

bdubyab60

But Cleveland kind of proved a point about Curry that a lot of folks were saying, or at least lot of people that were fans of the old Pistons, Lakers, Celtics and Bulls teams. That is that Curry wouldn't do what he did all season against those teams, you see what happened to him once Cleveland turned it in to a physical series with him. That was pretty much the NBA back in the old days. Sure guys got calls and stuff but you would your butt knocked off driving on some of those old teams. They were way more physical back then.

bdubyab60

Quote from: HorseFeathers on July 06, 2016, 04:51:33 pm
think they might have learned a lesson from going for regular season glory?
Maybe so.

HorseFeathers

Will the anger by fans be the same if Dwayne Wade leaves Miami?

Longfellow

I'll have the same reaction, but I won't burn my gear. That costs money and I am fiscally responsible

Lionheart88

Quote from: HorseFeathers on July 06, 2016, 06:32:35 pm
Will the anger by fans be the same if Dwayne Wade leaves Miami?
I don't think so.  I think he's looked upon more as a long-suffering servant, deserving of reward even if it means leaving, not unlike the ways Mavs fans see Dirk.  The difference is that Wade got three rings to Dirk's one, so there's probably a bit less "If he has to leave to get another ring, so be it, he deserves it" than with Dirk.

Longfellow

Just announced that Wade will sign with the Bulls. Why would you sign an all-star shooting guard when you have a an all-star shooting guard? I hate Pat Riley. So much. He is lying to say that he doesn't have a way to create cap space. Not willing to give up Josh McRoberts and a 2nd round pick to create the space to sign Dwyane freaking Wade. I am no longer a fan of the Miami Heat. Go Denver

Valleysports

Quote from: bdubyab60 on July 06, 2016, 04:47:41 pm
I wasn't for sure how it was said. One of those things I just caught a part of the conversation.

You might be thinking of it being the first time two players scored 40 points each, from the same team, in a playoff game.  Think I got that right?

bdubyab60

Quote from: Valleysports on July 07, 2016, 01:51:26 pm
You might be thinking of it being the first time two players scored 40 points each, from the same team, in a playoff game.  Think I got that right?
That one I definitely heard. But I did hear someone say something to the tune of my post but it may have been at work instead of a network.

BigLion10

Sad to see my guy Tim Duncan retire one of the all time greats

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas