• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2015-2016 NBA Season

Started by beach bum, October 27, 2015, 01:42:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

beach bum

The season starts tonight. I won't be super interested until late March but I thought opening night would be fitting to get this thread started.

Cavs over Bucks in the East
OKC over Golden State in the West
OKC over the Cavs in 7 in the Finals

Longfellow

I've gotta see the west for a while before I make a pick on that. I need to see Miami, Boston, and Toronto in the east. Milwaukee could be a tough team if some of those young guys have developed well. I think my only pick could be Cavs play in the east finals and San Antonio plays in the west finals

WPWells

Redwolves8526

Chicago over Cleveland in the ECF. San Antonio over Golden State in the WCF. San Antonio wins in 6. They will be loaded this year

BigLion10

beach bum

The Bulls win tonight over Cleveland 97-95... Bobby Portis did not enter the game. Lebron did his usual thing and the Bulls just seemed to grind out a win like they do so often.

mtindian42

Pacers finally get a win 94-82 over the pistons! Got to keep it going!

BigLion10

MT42 are you from around that area by chance, you seem to like the teams from up there

mtindian42

Nah man!  R.miller 31 was why I became a pacers fan! Lol what's the saying? Your favorite player will lead you to a team! But it's your loyalty that will keep you there lol...

beach bum

Steph Curry is playing out of his mind early...

mtindian42

He is hard to guard...unstoppable imo!

Redwolves8526

When you can handle the ball like he can to get defenders off balance, and the ability to knock down jump shots from anywhere on the floor or drive by them and finish at the cup, you are extremely hard to guard. A lot of players are faster than him but few can make the ball move around as fast as Steph. Seems like he can get any shot he wants on the floor.

mtindian42

Pacers beat the celtics 100-98. That's 2 in a row for the good guys😎

HorseFeathers

Quote from: mtindian42 on November 04, 2015, 09:51:27 pm
Pacers beat the celtics 100-98. That's 2 in a row for the good guys😎

Are you from the midwest?

mtindian42

Nah. Growing up I liked Reggie miller,Chris Mullen, Rick smiths Antonio Davis, it just kinda stuck  from there!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: mtindian42 on November 05, 2015, 04:14:38 pm
Nah. Growing up I liked Reggie miller,Chris Mullen, Rick smiths Antonio Davis, it just kinda stuck  from there!

ah,....just curious since your also an Ohio St Fan as well.

WPWells

mtindian42

And a colts lol... I live to see the bucks win 2. 02-14 and the colts win 1! 07 but I got a feeling I will never see the pacers hold up the trophy!!! But 1 can dream lol...

BigLion10

Quote from: mtindian42 on November 05, 2015, 04:36:06 pm
And a colts lol... I live to see the bucks win 2. 02-14 and the colts win 1! 07 but I got a feeling I will never see the pacers hold up the trophy!!! But 1 can dream lol...
Do what?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: mtindian42 on November 05, 2015, 04:36:06 pm

I was a fan during the days of Reggie Miller...they made the finals one of those years, against the Lakers I believe.....I just recently started paying attention to the league again...Not sure who I'll bandwagon with now

mtindian42

Lots of folks or jumping on the golden state band wagon lol! Or the cavaliers you can't go wrong with those I don't gusse!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: mtindian42 on November 05, 2015, 04:46:58 pm
Lots of folks or jumping on the golden state band wagon lol! Or the cavaliers you can't go wrong with those I don't gusse!

I liked watching the spurs the past few years...

WPWells

BigLion10

HorseFeathers

Buddy of mine is wanting me to tag along to a grizzly or thunder game this season too....

mtindian42

Spurs or good! With the addition of lamarcus Aldridge they will be right there playing for it all! Once again! Imo

WPWells

Only NBA game I've ever been to was a Grizzlies Western Conference Finals game a couple years ago when they played the Spurs

Longfellow

don't go to a thunder game. The fans blow the roof off during warmups and then sit quietly through the entire game

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Longfellow on November 05, 2015, 05:06:47 pm
don't go to a thunder game. The fans blow the roof off during warmups and then sit quietly through the entire game

Really?? Sounds odd....my friend tha ts wanting me to go to a game with him watched a coupke playoff games in okc when he was working out there...said it was an insane atmosphere

Longfellow

Playoffs may be different. We watched them play the nuggets in 2014 and Miami in 2015, and it wasn't all that great. I won't complain though, I got to watch my two favorite players, Dwyane Wade and Danilo Gallinari.

beach bum

November 05, 2015, 09:56:06 pm #30 Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 09:58:27 pm by beach bum
The crowd in Denver is underrated.... They stink currently & it's loud & sold out in there when big teams come to play at Denver. I love the Jazz crowd too. Utah is a very underrated basketball state as a whole.

mtindian42

How bout the pacers 3 in a row!!! 🏆 here we come! lol jk!

mtindian42

Lebron James showing the pacers some love!

"I don't like how we've started the last three games," James said. "We've got to do a better job of that. We can't do it on Sunday against a team that's pretty good in Indiana, so we've got to change our approach a little bit."

mtindian42

Pacers fall to the cavaliers 101-97

mtindian42

Pacers get back on track with a 97-84 win over the magic

mtindian42

Pacers 51 celtics 49 halftime

mtindian42

November 11, 2015, 09:02:18 pm #36 Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 09:13:41 pm by mtindian42
Pacers 102 celtics 91 final

Player of the game: Paul George 26 points 10 rebounds.

Redwolves8526

Golden State looks untouchable early on. Steph Curry is the best player in the league, hands down.

mtindian42

For sure. Would love to see him in pacers blue 😀 I agree he is the best! Not even close!

Longfellow

Just in: Rockets fire Kevin Mchale. 50+ wins last two years and fired after a 4-7 start

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on November 12, 2015, 09:16:28 am
Golden State looks untouchable early on. Steph Curry is the best player in the league, hands down.

They may win 80 this year.

beach bum

November 30, 2015, 04:32:22 pm #41 Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 04:35:54 pm by beach bum
Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on November 30, 2015, 04:04:04 pm
Quote from: Redwolves8526 on November 12, 2015, 09:16:28 am

They may win 80 this year.

Its pure math of why they are so good.... shooting 33% from three pointers is the same as shooting 50% inside the arc for two points. The Warriors are just the most efficient team you could ask for how well they shoot from behind the arc. You could be up 6 on them and make 1/3 shots and the Warriors make 3 three pointers on their next four possessions and boom they just flipped the game back to a 1 point lead. They're incredible.

Legend

Steph Curry is on a roll this year. He is having the best start of the season in NBA History. Its actually fun to watch teh regular season now!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Legend on December 03, 2015, 06:06:39 am
Steph Curry is on a roll this year. He is having the best start of the season in NBA History. Its actually fun to watch teh regular season now!

Seen an article that said he could miss every 3 for the next 9 games and still be on pace to break the single season record

mtindian42

😮 golden state 28-1😮 that's mind blowing!

mtindian42

Pacers win to go to 17-12 on the year Ellis scores 22 to lead the way. Pg 13 finished with 18

mtindian42

Pacers down the Hawks 93-87 Ellis leads the way with 26

mtindian42

mtindian42

Bulls 66 pacers 62 going to the 4th

mtindian42

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas