• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Congratulations to the Magnolia Lady Panthers and the Magnolia Panthers on Their 5A State Titles

Started by AT, May 07, 2015, 08:48:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AT

Results can be found here:

http://state.macdonaldtiming.com/

Magnolia wins the mens' and womens' title. The men beat Vilonia by one point.

MHSGrad

A couple things I noticed looking back over the results in the boys:

Cfv did their best Houdini impression. If they would have come to compete and knocked FC and Magnolia down a little, Vilonia would have ran away with it.

Vilonia didn't win the mile or the 800. Shocking. Both amazing races, and 5A stepped up and was the factor.

A freight train couldn't have stopped Vilonia's unpushed 4x4 and 4x8 teams. They will be something to watch next Saturday.

The 200. After watching Jones run in the 100 and 4x1, everyone in the Magnolia camp saw something no one else did: a victory in the 200. He stepped up when it was crunch time!

I remember watching Canada from Lake Hamilton run a 36 in the 300s. He was amazing, and the best hurdler I have ever seen. This kid from Nettleton might not be as sound in his mechanics, but his speed and determination yesterday was nothing short of outstanding.

Lastly, again, Vilonia is a class act. Their coach is one in a million. The passion he has for his team is reciprocated  strongly back to him from the Eagle faithful.

Congrats to both Magnolia and Vilonia boys and girls. The hardware will look beautiful in the glass cases!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas