• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Speculation on 2016-18 Mixed Classification Districts..

Started by HorseFeathers, May 01, 2015, 08:31:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HorseFeathers

So...as many know, the numbers are out for the cycle starting 2016-18...and with those numbers comes a big change. The Mixed Classification Districts....1A with 2A, 3A and 4A and 5A and 6A...

Here's my best Stab at 1A/2A

1 WEst
Decatur
Haas Hall-Bentonville ---(First Year School that is already a large 1A school, and rapidly growing, not sure when they will start basketball)
Arkansas Arts Academy--Can't find anything on their athletics, but are a large 2A school this year..
Eureka Springs
St Paul
Kingston
Alpena
Omaha

1 East
Lead Hill
Jasper
Deer
Mt Judea
St Joe
Western Grove
Bruno Pyatt
Cotter
Flippin

2 North
Norfork
Calico Rock
ICC
VIola
Salem
Mammoth Spring
Hill crest
Sloan Hendrix
Maynard

3 East
Rector
Marmaduke
Crowley's Ridge Academy
Ridgefield Christian
Bay
Marked Tree
East Poinsett County
Armorel

4 West
Hartford
Hackett
Union Christian
Mountainburg
Lavaca
Mulberry
County Line
Magazine

4 East
Scranton
Western Yell County
Danville
Hector
Sacred Heart
Wonderview
Nemo Vista
J.C Westside

2South
Timbo
Rural Special
Shirley
GF Westside
SS BeeBranch
Quitman
Guy
Mount Vernon Enola

6 North
Concord
Pangburn
White County Central
Midland
Bradford
Augusta
McCrory
Cross County
Earle

6 South
Des Arc
Carlisle
Hazen
Clarendon
Brinkley
Palestine Wheatley
Marvell

5 North
Bigelow
Conway Christian
Conway st Joe
Academics Plus
Lisa North
Abundant Life
Jacksonville Lighthouse
England

5 South
Woodlawn
Rison
Sparkman
Poyen
Ouachita
Magnet Cove
Cutter Morning Star
Mountain Pine

7 North
Acorn
Oden
Mount ida
Caddo Hills
Kirby
Murfreesboro
Dierks
Umpire

7 West
Foreman
Mineral Springs
Blevins
Trinity Christian
Spring Hill
Nevada County
Lafayette County
Bradley
Taylor
Emerson

7 East
C. Harmony Grove
bearden
Hampton
Hermitage
Dermott
Strong
Parkers Chapel

So...Like I said, this is just a stab at what we can be looking forward to...Unlike the football ones, I had to just walk away from these for a little while and start over cause it gave me a nice migraine...anyway, feel free to critique and criticize it...

Link to a map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zRVuRVw8kHd8.kVFOR9oGo1bU

HorseFeathers

May 01, 2015, 08:39:38 pm #1 Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 10:35:21 pm by HF
...Sooo This turned out kinda messy, but my head hurts and will give you what I got with the 3A/4A Mixed conferences now...

Stuck with the 8-10 teams per conference...Numbers I gave each conference are closer to what you might see in the 1A and 2A classes than the upper classes as they are what I am more familiar with...

1 West
Gentry
Gravette
pea Ridge
Shiloh Christian
Haas Hall
Greenland
West Fork
Prairie Grove
Lincoln
Elkins

--This District Looks like a real no brainer to me...All the schools are really concentrated in the NWA area..

1 East
Huntsville
Greenforest
Berryville
Bergman
Valley Springs
Yellville
marshall
Clinton

--Flipped Clinton and Mountain View out of this conference a few times for the 8th school...Finally decided Clinton being on HWY 65 made them a better fit than Mountain View

2North
Melbourne
Highland
Mountain View
Cave City
Batesville Southside
Cedar Ridge
Heber Springs
Rose Bud

3West
Pocahontas
Walnut Ridge
Hoxie
Tuckerman
Newport
Jboro Westside
Trumann
Harrisburg

--Really feel like a few of the schools in the 2N and 3W(my designations for them) could be interchanged, but his is what I came up with...

3East
Corning
Piggott
Gosnell
Osceola
Rivercrest
manila
Riverside
Brookland

2 South
Bald Knob
Riverview
Harding Academy
Lonoke
Episcopal
Lisa Academy
E-Stem
C.A.C

4 East
Robinson
Baptist
Mayflower
Perryville
Two Rivers
Atkins
Pottsville
DOver
Dardanelle

--Two Rivers is kinda isolated for this part of the state...but HWYs 10, 27 and 60 connect them to the rest of the conference rather nicely..

4W
Lamar
Waldron
Mansfield
Booneville
Paris
Charleston
Subiaco
Cedarville
Ozark

7W
Mena
Cossatot River
Horatio
Nashville
Prescott
Ashdown
Genoa Central
Fouke

7East
Gurdon
Arkadelphia
Centerpoint
Bismarck
Malvern
Jessieville
Fountain Lake
B.Harmony Grove
Glen Rose
Bauxite

8North
Marianna
Barton
Kipp Delta
Helena-West Helena Central
Dewitt
Stuttgart
Dumas
Star City
Dollarway

8South
Warren
Fordyce
Smackover
Junction City
Crossett
hamburg
Monticello
Drew Central
mcGehee

Well...Feel Free to criticize, make suggestions, or any other particular mouthing of any odd ball decisions you feel like I made...

Oh yeah almost forgot my complimentary map, https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zRVuRVw8kHd8.k-ufoZhloA9w

HorseFeathers

Coach DePriest, Sheridan

Nice work. I know that takes a lot of time.  Only glaring thing I noticed is a lot of odd numbered conferences. I know they voted in the freedom to do that, but I think they will avoid odds if at all possible as it messes up scheduling.

Ice Water

Here's my 1A/2A rough draft I've been playing with.  I'm gonna go ahead and post it before I look at HF's real close and compare the differences.  Only restriction I used was no more than 10 per "district" as that is all that the AAA stated in the proposal.  I first finished with 15 leagues, but tweaked it into a nice round 16.  Not sure that matters though, as it's the "conferences" that have to have the nice round number and balance for post season.

1W: Decatur, Haas Hall B'ville, AAA, St. Paul, Eureka, Kingston, Alpena
1E: Deer, Mt. Judea, Jasper, St. Joe, Western Grove, Bru-Py, Lead Hill, Omaha
2N: Flippin, Cotter, Norfork, Viola, Calico, ICC, Salem, Mammoth
2S: Timbo, Rural Special, Shirley, WSGF, SSBB, Quitman, Guy, MVE, Nemo
2E: Concord, Midland, Pangburn, WCC, Bradford, Augusta, McCrory
3N: Hillcrest, Sloan, Maynard, Ridgefield, CRA, Marmaduke, Rector
3S: BIC, Kipp B'ville, Bay, EPC, Marked Tree, Armorel, Cross Co, Earle
4W: Mountainburg, UCA, Hackett, Hartford, Lavacca, Mulberry, County Line
4E: JCW, Oark, Magazine, Scranton, WYC, Danville, Hector
5N: Wonderview, Sacred Heart, Bigelow, Conway Christian, St. Joseph, A+, J'ville Lighthouse, Lisa NLR, Abundant Life
5S: Mtn. Pine, CMS, Magnet, Poyen, Ouachita, Sparkman
6: England, Carlsile, Hazen, Des Arc, Clarendon, Marvell, PW, Brinkley
7N: Acorn, Oden, Mt. Ida, Caddo, Kirby, Umpire
7W: Foreman, Dierks, Mineral, Murfreesboro, Blevins, Spring Hill, Trinity
7S: Nevada, Lafayette, Bradley, Taylor, Emerson, Parkers Chapel, Strong
8: CHG, Bearden, Hampton, Hermitage, Rison, Woodlawn, Dermott

The "conferences" on the map are still a big work in progress as I'm not sure to put the small football schools with 1A or 2A, but they are there if you want to take a look.
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=z09i2GQXiDFI.kbNEHavCeyvM

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Coach DePriest, Harrison on May 01, 2015, 09:21:03 pm
Nice work. I know that takes a lot of time.  Only glaring thing I noticed is a lot of odd numbered conferences. I know they voted in the freedom to do that, but I think they will avoid odds if at all possible as it messes up scheduling.
we already have odd scheduling practice in the small classes

ice water it takes to long read stuff on my phone, but the ten team limit is new information to me....

Ice Water

HF, I didn't remember hearing anything about the 10 team limit either.  Just happened to catch that today when I reread the proposal. http://members.ahsaa.org/public/userfiles/2014_Governing_Body_Agenda.pdf
Pages 13-14

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Ice Water on May 01, 2015, 09:35:14 pm
HF, I didn't remember hearing anything about the 10 team limit either.  Just happened to catch that today when I reread the proposal. http://members.ahsaa.org/public/userfiles/2014_Governing_Body_Agenda.pdf
Pages 13-14

Thanks...

Also looks like they've solved the problem for postseason seeding as well. Conference Coaches in each respective classification will vote on their own district's seeding..

Cajun Hog

Quote from: HF on May 01, 2015, 10:01:42 pm
Pages 13-14

Thanks...

Also looks like they've solved the problem for postseason seeding as well. Conference Coaches in each respective classification will vote on their own district's seeding..

That should be good TV, the coaches trying to seed them self..  ;D  Reality TV at it's best... That's about as dumb idea as the old points system.

beach bum

I thought the same thing. The coaches voting will just be the good ole boy system.

Coach DePriest, Sheridan

Moonshiner

It's almost as if what was old is now new again. Some former conference rivalries will start back up. Harrison vs Mtn. Home could possibly have a little more relevance. Should they be in the same district.
This whole 7 class system works in some ways and is a cluster in others.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Moonshiner on May 02, 2015, 10:06:06 am
It's almost as if what was old is now new again. Some former conference rivalries will start back up. Harrison vs Mtn. Home could possibly have a little more relevance. Should they be in the same district.
wouldn.t hurt my feelings if they just did away with the 7 classes for everything but football.

Cajun Hog

Look for Mountain Home to go central group, they don't fit to overall 5/6 west group.

5/6A West
1. Siloam 6A
2. Greenwood 6A
3. Russellville 6A
4. Alma 5A
5. Clarksville 5A
6. Morrilton 5A
7. Harrison 5A
8. Farmington 5A

AT

Quote from: Cajun Hog on May 05, 2015, 11:11:54 am

Look for Mountain Home to go central group, they don't fit to overall 5/6 west group.

5/6A West
1. Siloam 6A
2. Greenwood 6A
3. Russellville 6A
4. Alma 5A
5. Clarksville 5A
6. Morrilton 5A
7. Harrison 5A
8. Farmington 5A

Really good picks, Cajun...

You keep a lot of rivalries and still make travel bearable (I know there are some long treks in there, but that's unavoidable unless we want 2A schools with 5A schools)

The rivalries just within this proposed conference:

Alma-Greenwood
Alma-Harrison
Harrison-Siloam Springs

Not to mention you have a lot of teams that have history together even if they aren't "rivals" per say.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Cajun Hog on May 02, 2015, 07:19:23 am
Pages 13-14

Thanks...

That should be good TV, the coaches trying to seed them self..  ;D  Reality TV at it's best... That's about as dumb idea as the old points system.

Have them vote, submit them to a 3rd party, and anyone that obviously went with the good ole boy system, gets to play up 2 classes as their punishment...I bet that would work :D

Cajun Hog

Quote from: HF on May 05, 2015, 06:32:19 pm
Quote from: Cajun Hog on May 02, 2015, 07:19:23 am
Pages 13-14

Thanks...

Have them vote, submit them to a 3rd party, and anyone that obviously went with the good ole boy system, gets to play up 2 classes as their punishment...I bet that would work :D

I like it and their would be 2 that would be bumped up.  ;D

HorseFeathers

Longfellow

I'm gonna start a fundraiser for HF so you can start a magazine to rival Hootens. I think you could so much better. Give 12th man his own section. Proud Buckaroo can do the #smackover column. So much potential

sevenof400

5/6A West
1. Siloam 6A
2. Greenwood 6A
3. Russellville 6A
4. Alma 5A
5. Clarksville 5A
6. Morrilton 5A
7. Harrison 5A
8. Farmington 5A

Don't even think that - I don't want that drive!

WPWells

Cajun Hog

Quote from: sevenof400 on May 13, 2015, 11:17:25 am

5/6A West
1. Siloam 6A
2. Greenwood 6A
3. Russellville 6A
4. Alma 5A
5. Clarksville 5A
6. Morrilton 5A
7. Harrison 5A
8. Farmington 5A

Don't even think that - I don't want that drive!

I know but when AAA gave in to 6A by not playing 7A, they screwed the 5A in the deal. I really think that Vilonia and Greenbrier will get screwed in this new alignment deal. 

sevenof400

Are we working toward a speculative look at the entire 5A/6A - just making sure I haven't missed that somewhere....

HorseFeathers

I haven't done one yet.... 5a/6a is probably the least interesting to me....but I'll get a map made and see what I can come up with... Maybe I can find a loop hole to put mountain home as an independent?

SouthpawSensation

Here is something I've tinkered with for the 5A/6A district formats:
Northwest — Siloam Springs, Farmington, Greenwood, Clarksville, Alma, Harrison, Russellville, Morrilton
Southwest — Texarkana, Hope, Camden Fairview, Magnolia, Lake Hamilton, Hot Springs Lakeside, Hot Springs, De Queen
Southeast — Pine Bluff, Watson Chapel, White Hall, Sheridan, Pulaski Mills, El Dorado, Benton
Northeast — Jonesboro, Blytheville, Marion, West Memphis, Paragould, Greene County Tech, Valley View, Nettleton, Forrest City, Wynne
Central — Mountain Home, Vilonia, Greenbrier, Jacksonville, Searcy, Beebe, Sylvan Hills, Batesville
Metro — LR Hall, LR McClellan, LR Parkview, LR Fair, LR Christian, Pulaski Academy, Maumelle
As the proposal states, there is a 10-team maximum but it doesn't say anything about a minimum.
Here's some things to consider:
• In the case of a 10-team district with double round-robin schedule, that's 18 district games. That takes care of all of the regular-season schedule if a certain team plays three invitational tournaments (two games remaining if only two tournaments).
• I think the 10-team Northeast is a given and a lock, as is the 8-team Southwest.
• After careful consideration, Morrilton and Mountain Home could change places to give the Northwest a 4-4 balance of 5A and 6A teams, but that might defeat the travel purposes.
• I kept the Metro and Southeast districts smaller with an odd number, but with the exception of El Dorado, the teams in those groups could play a game between each other without much travel problems.

Cajun Hog

Quote from: SouthpawSensation on May 14, 2015, 06:53:18 am
Here is something I've tinkered with for the 5A/6A district formats:
Northwest — Siloam Springs, Farmington, Greenwood, Clarksville, Alma, Harrison, Russellville, Morrilton
Southwest — Texarkana, Hope, Camden Fairview, Magnolia, Lake Hamilton, Hot Springs Lakeside, Hot Springs, De Queen
Southeast — Pine Bluff, Watson Chapel, White Hall, Sheridan, Pulaski Mills, El Dorado, Benton
Northeast — Jonesboro, Blytheville, Marion, West Memphis, Paragould, Greene County Tech, Valley View, Nettleton, Forrest City, Wynne
Central — Mountain Home, Vilonia, Greenbrier, Jacksonville, Searcy, Beebe, Sylvan Hills, Batesville
Metro — LR Hall, LR McClellan, LR Parkview, LR Fair, LR Christian, Pulaski Academy, Maumelle
As the proposal states, there is a 10-team maximum but it doesn't say anything about a minimum.
Here's some things to consider:
• In the case of a 10-team district with double round-robin schedule, that's 18 district games. That takes care of all of the regular-season schedule if a certain team plays three invitational tournaments (two games remaining if only two tournaments).
• I think the 10-team Northeast is a given and a lock, as is the 8-team Southwest.
• After careful consideration, Morrilton and Mountain Home could change places to give the Northwest a 4-4 balance of 5A and 6A teams, but that might defeat the travel purposes.
• I kept the Metro and Southeast districts smaller with an odd number, but with the exception of El Dorado, the teams in those groups could play a game between each other without much travel problems.

That's some good work... Mountain Home will be in Central IMO.  Greenwood and Alma are over 3 plus hours and Farmington & Siloam over 2 hr 45 min, that won't happen.  If (MH) they are in Central 5 team have 2 1/2 or less to Mountain Home.

SouthpawSensation

I see that HF has already done one for the 3A/4A districts, but I've spent a little time coming up with mine. Not saying mine is better, but just a different option of how it could look. I didn't go into giving them distinct names. The number in parentheses is the number of teams in each district:
District 1 (10) — Gravette, Gentry, Pea Ridge, Lincoln, Prairie Grove, Shiloh Christian, Elkins, Greenland, West Fork, Haas Hall Academy (no change in what HF did)
District 2 ( 8 ) — Huntsville, Berryville, Green Forest, Valley Springs, Bergman, Yellville-Summit, Marshall, Clinton (still no changes)
District 3 ( 8 ) — Cedarville, Charleston, Booneville, Mansfield, Ozark, Subiaco, Paris, Waldron (HF had Lamar in this district. I took them out for one simple reason — an odd team means an open date, and anybody who is playing Subiaco gets an open date for girls. Better to have only one than two, I think)
District 4 ( 8 ) — Dardanelle, Dover, Atkins, Pottsville, Two Rivers, Lamar, Perryville, Mayflower (this district takes a slight shift west since I add Lamar, take out Pulaski Robinson and Arkansas Baptist)
District 5 (9) — Pulaski Robinson, Arkansas Baptist, CAC, LR Episcopal, eStem, Lisa Academy, Bauxite, Benton Harmony Grove, Lonoke
District 6 ( 8 ) — Glen Rose, Malvern, Jessieville, Fountain Lake, Bismarck, Centerpoint, Arkadelphia, Gurdon
District 7 ( 8 ) — Mena, Cossatot River, Horatio, Nashville, Genoa Central, Fouke, Prescott, Ashdown
District 8 (10) — Smackover, Junction City, Warren, Monticello, Drew Central, McGehee, Lake Village, Hamburg, Crossett, Fordyce
District 9 (9) — Dumas, Star City, Dollarway, DeWitt, Stuttgart, Barton, KIPP Delta, Helena-West Helena Central, Marianna
District 10 (9) — Osceola, Gosnell, Manila, Riverside, Rivercrest, Trumann, Harrisburg, Brookland, Jonesboro Westside
District 11 (10) — Piggott, Corning, Highland, Walnut Ridge, Hoxie, Pocahontas, Cave City, Cedar Ridge, Tuckerman, Newport
District 12 ( 8 ) — Heber Springs, Mountain View, Rose Bud, Harding Academy, Riverview, Bald Knob, Batesville Southside, Melbourne

beach bum

May 18, 2015, 10:45:55 pm #27 Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 10:51:37 pm by beach bum
I am curious to see if the 10 team leagues go to an 18 game conference slate. The 8 and 9 team leagues obviously will play home and home for 14 or 16 games. I like the 18 game slate but some coaches may deem that too many games in conference. I remember growing up watching my high school in a 10 team league. They had it split into two divisions of 5. You played your four division opponents twice and the other division once for a total of 13 conference games. I don't like the odd conference games so I would add a 2nd conference game against one cross division opponent for a 14th game. For example in District 1 it could have the south division be Lincoln, Prairie Grove, Elkins, Greenland, and West Fork. The north could be Shiloh, Hass Hall, Gentry, Gravette, and Pea Ridge. For example Prairie Grove could play the four other south teams twice and the north once for 13 games. Add Shiloh as a cross division rival 2nd game for the 14th game. I just thought that could work for the 10 team leagues. I like you guys ideas for how the conferences will end up podded together.

SouthpawSensation

That's just it ... the proposal stipulates that they must play a double round-robin schedule in the district. That means you play everybody twice.
Like I mentioned before, in a 10-team "district," that's 18 games you must play. That's all your regular-season games if you play three invitational tournaments (you get two more if you play in only two tournaments.)

beach bum

I would have loved playing 18 conference games. That should be a lot of fun for those conferences. It will be fun to see teams playing in venues that would have never happened unless a random non conference game was scheduled. Teams like Huntsville will have to go to Bergman and Yellville-Summit. Mena will have to play at Cossotat River. Those smaller towns will be amped when the bigger schools come to play at their place.

HorseFeathers

Uh guys... 3a no football play all more than 18 games lol..... check I think 1a schools play almost that many before christmas

SouthpawSensation

Quote from: HF on May 19, 2015, 10:16:40 pm
Uh guys... 3a no football play all more than 18 games lol..... check I think 1a schools play almost that many before christmas
That would be 10 schools out of the 105 in the 4A/3A districts, and all non-football schools can only schedule 28 regular-season games w/2 tournaments and 25 w/3 tournaments.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: SouthpawSensation on May 19, 2015, 10:25:12 pm
That would be 10 schools out of the 105 in the 4A/3A districts, and all non-football schools can only schedule 28 regular-season games w/2 tournaments and 25 w/3 tournaments.

How many 2a schools though?

beach bum

May 19, 2015, 10:31:29 pm #33 Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 10:33:59 pm by beach bum

I used to be so jealous of the non football schools when they were playing mid October games. I have always thought schools with football should have the choice to schedule basketball games if they choose before football season ends. At my 4A school all five starters did not play football. We could have been rolling playing games 3 weeks prior to when we started. I feel like bigger schools should have the choice to play early or not (obviously all non conference). I have wondered if anyone else has thought the same thing.

NWA Hawg

Does anyone know when they will meet to align new conferences. I know it will be coming up this month sometime. Interested to see how that turns out.

ricepig

Quote from: fann07 on June 11, 2015, 11:17:42 am
Does anyone know when they will meet to align new conferences. I know it will be coming up this month sometime. Interested to see how that turns out.

Doing it today.

Follow @JeremyMuckADG for the new proposed conferences.

Moonshiner

Cajun Hog

Quote from: Moonshiner on June 11, 2015, 09:51:22 pm
Wow.  Gonna be some fallout from this.

How is there going to fall out? The Sup's vote for it or didn't vote at all..

Moonshiner

Quote from: Cajun Hog on June 11, 2015, 10:47:21 pm

They voted for what they thought was less travel.  There are several schools who's travel just doubled.  Which not only increases gas cost, but also decreases your gate revenue.
You look at a school like Cotter, which this plan was supposed to help.....they travel now not 2 hours for conference games, but 4 hours to Marmaduke. 

Basketballfan13

Quote from: Moonshiner on June 11, 2015, 11:12:53 pm

They voted for what they thought was less travel.  There are several schools who's travel just doubled.  Which not only increases gas cost, but also decreases your gate revenue.
You look at a school like Cotter, which this plan was supposed to help.....they travel now not 2 hours for conference games, but 4 hours to Marmaduke. 
I might be looking at this wrong, but I'm pretty sure those conference listings will be what each teams "district" will be. As in that is who they will seed into the district tournament with at the end of the season. The conference games that they will play throughout the season will be the teams in their area which has not been released yet. So for Cotter that would be the 1A schools that are close to them since there aren't really any 2A schools. Cotter wouldn't have to make the long travel for the teams in the "district" until the end of the year for post season play.

Moonshiner

Quote from: Basketballfan13 on June 12, 2015, 02:54:28 pm

I might be looking at this wrong, but I'm pretty sure those conference listings will be what each teams "district" will be. As in that is who they will seed into the district tournament with at the end of the season. The conference games that they will play throughout the season will be the teams in their area which has not been released yet. So for Cotter that would be the 1A schools that are close to them since there aren't really any 2A schools. Cotter wouldn't have to make the long travel for the teams in the "district" until the end of the year for post season play.

That makes better sense.  Hadn't thought about that.

Oldref

I guess we will all know more about this later on but it seems to me it is a step backward to not play everyone  who will be in your district tournament during the regular season. Back before the regional tournaments were set up the districts were so big in the smaller classifications you could not play a home and home with everyone. Sometimes you didn't even play once during the regular season. That made for some seeding issues which led to upsets in the early rounds of the district. Back in those days just surviving the district was a huge deal. State tournament was icing on the cake. Seems like a step backward to me to go this route again.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Oldref on June 15, 2015, 09:48:41 pm

I guess we will all know more about this later on but it seems to me it is a step backward to not play everyone  who will be in your district tournament during the regular season. Back before the regional tournaments were set up the districts were so big in the smaller classifications you could not play a home and home with everyone. Sometimes you didn't even play once during the regular season. That made for some seeding issues which led to upsets in the early rounds of the district. Back in those days just surviving the district was a huge deal. State tournament was icing on the cake. Seems like a step backward to me to go this route again.

Maybe we should go back to that...Seems to be what a lot of folks want anyway, we want school size equality! But we don't want to travel to achieve it!

Oldref

Quote from: HF on June 15, 2015, 09:54:39 pm
Quote from: Oldref on June 15, 2015, 09:48:41 pm

Maybe we should go back to that...Seems to be what a lot of folks want anyway, we want school size equality! But we don't want to travel to achieve it!
LOL Travel is not an issue for the school I normally follow.........put over 600 miles on my vehicle one Friday/Saturday road trip to County Line and Emerson. I understand no one wants to do that several times a year!!!

Tomahawk

HorseFeathers

bluegrassboy75

I was looking at the 1A Conferences starting next year.

Does anyone know which Conferences will play each other in Regionals since they went to 10 conferences?

Also, since there are 5 regions, how will they get 16 teams? 

HorseFeathers

Quote from: bluegrassboy75 on February 01, 2016, 11:18:49 am

Does anyone know which Conferences will play each other in Regionals since they went to 10 conferences?

32 team state bracket haha

Moonshiner

Quote from: bluegrassboy75 on February 01, 2016, 11:18:49 am

I have heard only 3 from each region will go, with the 16th team coming from a "floating" team.  Meaning each year a different region will get a 4th team. 
Don't think that is for certain though

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas