• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anything You'd Like to See in the Track and Field Forum?

Started by AT, March 15, 2015, 10:20:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AT

This thread is for suggestions to improve this forum and bring in more interest. Any suggestions are helpful.

If I get no replies, I'll take it as we are doing to the best of our ability or lack of caring (hopefully not too much carlessness).

Thanks!

GreyColt

Maybe more AAU and USATF info from around the state?

beach bum

March 16, 2015, 02:06:11 pm #2 Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 02:11:22 pm by beach bum
This sounds weird, but if there are guys succeeding in track and happen to be in other sports as well maybe people can write the other sport like football or basketball that they succeed in as well. That way posters can put a face on some track guys more easily. If that makes any sense. For example if a guy is in the 100m and 200m and happens to be the RB for his football team the casual track fans recognize a kid easier. Or maybe a mid distance guy happens to be his basketball team's point guard.

AT

Quote from: GreyColt on March 16, 2015, 12:28:25 pm
Maybe more AAU and USATF info from around the state?

Not a bad idea. I've put information about the US Championships on here before, but nothing consistently. AAU will be a little more difficult, but possible.

Quote from: beach bum on March 16, 2015, 02:06:11 pm
This sounds weird, but if there are guys succeeding in track and happen to be in other sports as well maybe people can write the other sport like football or basketball that they succeed in as well. That way posters can put a face on some track guys more easily. If that makes any sense. For example if a guy is in the 100m and 200m and happens to be the RB for his football team the casual track fans recognize a kid easier. Or maybe a mid distance guy happens to be his basketball team's point guard.

I know exactly what you mean and have thought about making those observations. The tough thing about doing this is that if any level of athletics is "nameless", it's high school athletics. It's hard to get a full recognition of names and what positions they play in different sports without a lot of strenuous work. I know you have your Ty Storey's and Malik Monk's but those are far and few in between.

snoopy22

You guys are doing an outstanding job.  Keep up the good work!

Coach Alley

Coach Alley

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas