• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Preview for the Upcoming Arkansas High School Track and Field Season

Started by AT, October 14, 2014, 09:03:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jvance

She didn't go registration had already closed. Thanks for asking.

sevenof400

Vilonia will have a rebuilding year in 2015 and while Coach Stout always relishes this type of challenge, it may be a bit much to hope for 4 in row.  If it does occur, it will have to be a different combination that comes together this year as I don't see much of a chance of the 72 point miracle recurring (PV, 800, 2 mile) - but I certainly wouldn't complain if it did!

For as much as I fussed about having to go to Harrison last year, in the end I think having the meet there played into V's strengths while reducing the strengths of other teams.  We've discussed the effect the track itself had on the sprints, but we've somewhat overlooked the monsoon that moved through about halfway through the meet.  If the track itself wasn't enough to discomfort the teams that relied on sprints, the cold and rainy weather probably put those teams at a serious disadvantage.  Whatever the correct explanation is/was, the meet location certainly helped Vilonia more than most teams.

Looking ahead, Morrilton has a standard shape track so it is reasonable to expect sprint teams to experience no discomfort.  I can't speak to whether Morrilton is considered a fast or slow track (based on the historical race results at the facility) so this might be a wide open year in the 5A.   

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas