• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NCAA West Regional Track and Field Meet in Fayetteville, AR

Started by AT, May 22, 2014, 02:58:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AT

Ok guys. The NCAA season is winding up. The Razorbacks have two meets left. This regional meet that is being held in Fayetteville and then the NCAA championships being held in Eugene, OR.

Just a little info on this meet:

This meet acts as a qualifying meet for the national championships. Think of it as being similar to the conference meets in high school track in Arkansas to qualify for state.

There are two regions, the East Region and the West Region. The Arkansas Razorbacks are in the West region (a little weird, but almost every team west of the Mississippi River is part of the West Region.)

There are 21 events for men and 21 events for women in NCAA Track and Field. Each regional meet will take the top 48 athletes/relays from throughout the year in each of these 21 events.

So in 21 events, you will have 48 athletes competing in the West region and 48 athletes competing in each of the 21 events in the East region.

The point of these regional meets is to take the 48 athletes in each event and break that number down to 12 athletes. These 12 athletes will then qualify for the NCAA championships in Eugene, Oregon and compete against the 12 athletes who qualified in that event from the East region (making 24 athletes in each event at the championships).

More info in the next few posts

AT

May 22, 2014, 02:58:57 pm #1 Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 03:36:02 pm by Almatrackster
Here's some information about the meet, including price of admission and schedule of events:

First off, the meet is May 29th, 30th, and 31st.

Secondly, the price of admission...

I'm afraid this may turn people away from wanting to attend this, but you can buy a 3 day pass for 35 dollars as an adult and 25 dollars as a student/youth (I'm not sure if U of A student is included in that or not).

I also do not know what single day passes cost yet.

Now for the schedule of events:

First, it can be found here Just scroll down and click on NCAA schedule after clicking the link): http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=6100&ATCLID=209418169&KEY=&DB_OEM_ID=6100&DB_LANG=C&IN_SUBSCRIBER_CONTENT=

Day 1 (May 29th)
12:00 PM - Women Javelin Throw (Top 12 throwers advance to Eugene)
1:00 PM - Men Pole Vault (Last 12 vaulters left advance to Eugene)
2:00 PM - Women Long Jump (Top 12 jumpers advance to Eugene)
2:00 PM - Men Shot Put (Top 12 throwers advance to Eugene)
4:30 PM - Men's 400 meter hurdles (48 athletes compete, top 24 advance to next round)
5:00 PM - Women's 400 meter hurdles (48 athletes compete, top 24 advance to next round)
5:30 PM - Men Javelin Throw (Top 12 throwers advance to Eugene)
5:30 PM - Men's 1500 meter run (48 athletes compete, top 24 advance to next round)
6:00 PM - Women's 1500 meter run (48 athletes compete, top 24 advance to next round)
6:30 PM - Men's Long Jump (Top 12 jumpers advance to Eugene)
6:30 PM - Women's Shot Put (Top 12 throwers advance to Eugene)
6:30 PM - Women's Pole Vault (Top 12 jumpers advance to Eugene)
6:30 PM - Men's 100 meter dash (48 athletes compete, top 24 advance to next round)
6:55 PM - Women's 100 meter dash (48 athletes compete, top 24 advance to next round)
7:20 PM - Men's 400 meter dash (48 athletes compete, top 24 advance to next round)
7:45 PM - Women's 400 meter dash (48 athletes compete, top 24 advance to next round)
8:10 PM - Men's 800 meter run (48 athletes compete, top 24 advance to next round)
8:35 PM - Women's 800 meter run (48 athletes compete, top 24 advance to next round)
9:00 PM - Men's 10000 meter run (Top 12 athletes to finish advance to Eugene)
9:40 PM - Women's 10000 meter run (Top 12 athletes to finish advance to Eugene)

May 30th
10:00 AM - Men's Hammer Throw (Top 12 throwers advance to Eugene)
3:00 PM - Women's Discus Throw (Top 12 throwers advance to Eugene)
5:00 PM - Women's Triple Jump (Top 12 jumpers advance to Eugene)
5:00 PM - Men's High Jump (Last 12 jumpers left advance to Eugene)
5:00 PM - Men's 110 meter hurdles (48 athletes compete, top 24 advance to next round)
5:30 PM - Women's 100 meter hurdles (48 athletes compete, top 24 advance to next round)
6:00 PM - Men's 400 meter dash (24 athletes compete, top 12 advance to Eugene)
6:15 PM - Women's 400 meter dash (24 athletes compete, top 12 advance to Eugene)
6:30 PM - Men's 100 meter dash (24 athletes compete, top 12 advance to Eugene)
6:45 PM - Women's 100 meter dash (24 athletes compete, top 12 advance to Eugene)
7:00 PM - Men's 800 meter run (24 athletes compete, top 12 advance to Eugene)
7:15 PM - Women's 800 meter run (24 athletes compete, top 12 advance to Eugene)
7:30 PM - Men's 400 meter hurdles (24 athletes compete, top 12 advance to Eugene)
7:45 PM - Women's 400 meter hurdles (24 athletes compete, top 12 advance to Eugene)
8:00 PM - Men's 200 meter dash (48 athletes compete, top 24 advance to next round)
8:25 PM - Women's 200 meter dash (48 athletes compete, top 24 advance to next round)
8:50 PM - Men's 3000 meter steeplechase (Top 12 athletes to finish advance to Eugene)
9:30 PM - Women's 3000 meter steeplechase (Top 12 athletes to finish advance to Eugene)

May 31
10:00 AM - Women's Hammer Throw (Top 12 throwers advance to Eugene)
3:00 PM - Men's Discus Throw (Top 12 throwers advance to Eugene)
6:00 PM - Men's Triple Jump (Top 12 jumpers advance to Eugene)
6:00 PM - Women's High Jump (Top 12 jumpers advance to Eugene)
6:00 PM - Men's 4x100 meter relay (24 relays, top 12 advance to Eugene)
6:15 PM - Women's 4x100 meter relay (24 relays, top 12 advance to Eugene)
6:30 PM - Men's 1500 meter run (24 athletes compete, top 12 advance to Eugene)
6:45 PM - Women's 1500 meter run (24 athletes compete, top 12 advance to Eugene)
7:05 PM - Men's 110 meter hurdles (24 athletes compete, top 12 advance to Eugene)
7:20 PM - Women's 100 meter hurdles (24 athletes compete, top 12 advance to Eugene)
7:35 PM - Men's 200 meter dash (24 athletes compete, top 12 advance to Eugene)
7:50 PM - Women's 200 meter dash (24 athletes compete, top 12 advance to Eugene)
8:05 PM - Men's 5000 meter run (Top 12 athletes to finish advance to Eugene)
8:45 PM - Women's 5000 meter run (Top 12 athletes to finish advance to Eugene)
9:25 PM - Men's 4x400 meter relay (24 relays, top 12 advance to Eugene)
9:45 PM - Women's 4x400 meter relay (24 relays, top 12 advance to Eugene)

AT

May 22, 2014, 02:59:10 pm #2 Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 03:46:02 pm by Almatrackster
These are the Razorbacks and Lady Razorbacks that will be competing. To see what time they compete, look at the schedule in the above post and find their corresponding event:

Men's 400 meter dash
Neil Braddy
Eric Janise

Men's 800 meter run
Patrick Rono
Tomas Squella
Andrew Pisechko

Men's 3000 meter steeplechase
Stanley Kebenei

Men's 5000 meter run
Solomon Haile
Stanley Kebenei

Men's 10000 meter run
Gabe Gonzales

Men's 110 meter hurdles
Omar McLeod

Men's 400 meter hurdles
Omar McLeod
Larry Donald

Men's 4 x 100 meter relay team will compete

Men's 4 x 400 meter relay team will compete

Men's High Jump
Anthony May
Noah Kittelson
Ken LeGassey
Dwayne Golbek

Men's Pole Vault
Andrew Irwin

Men's Long Jump
Raymond Higgs
Jarrion Lawson
Anthony May

Men's Triple Jump
Anthony May
Clive Pullen
Raymond Higgs

Men's Shot Put
Devin Randall

Men's Discus Throw
Devin Randall

Men's Javelin Throw
Pete Miroke

Women's 100 meter dash
Regine Williams

Women's 200 meter dash
Regine Williams

Women's 400 meter dash
Chrishuna Williams
Taylor Ellis-Watson
Daina Harper

Women's 1500 meter run
Stephanie Brown
Paige Johnston
Keri McClary

Women's 3000 meter steeplechase
Grace Heymsfield
Jessica Kamilos

Women's 5000 meter run
Dominique Scott
Diane Robison

Women's 10000 meter run
Sandie Raines

Women's 100 meter hurdles
Alex Gochenour

Women's 4x400 meter relay will compete

Women's High Jump
Kirsten Hesseltine

Women's Pole Vault
Sandi Morris
Danielle Nowell
Ariel Voskamp
Megan Zimlich

Women's Long Jump
Tamara Myers

Women's Triple Jump
Tamara Myers

Women's Javelin Throw
Amethyst Boyd

WPWells

Could you see what you can do to find out about U of A student prices? Thanks!

AT

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on May 22, 2014, 03:43:42 pm
Could you see what you can do to find out about U of A student prices? Thanks!

Yes, I'll try to.

pantherxctf

AT

Quote from: pantherxctf on May 23, 2014, 08:45:46 am
How do the decathhletes advance to nationals?

Oh yes, I forgot to mention this. They don't make the decathletes compete at regionals because most of them will have already done a conference decathlon in the past week or two and the decathlon is a grueling event.

So they take the top 24 decathletes based off their scores this year to Eugene, OR automatically.

Kevin Lazas for the Razorbacks will be in the decathlon in Eugene and Alex Gochenour for the Lady Razorbacks will be in the heptathlon in Eugene.

pantherxctf

So I assume that's the reason Lazas didn't compete at the conference meet?

AT

AT

May 29, 2014, 04:00:51 pm #9 Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 04:12:54 pm by Almatrackster
FIRST UPDATE FROM THIS MEET:

Well to start off, it's raining, so that has made things difficult for the athletes I'm sure.

BUT unofficially, the Razorbacks have their first qualifier for Eugene, OR...Andrew Irwin in the pole vault. He had to be one of the last 12 jumpers left and he was by clearing 17' 7" on his second attempt.

Devin Randall officially will not make it to Eugene, OR in the shot put, but it would have taken a HUGE PR for him to do that anyways and was not expected. He threw 53' 11"

AT

The Lady Razorbacks get their first qualifier for Eugene! Amethyst Boyd throws the javelin for a new school record of 163' 3" to place 7th and move on to the national meet

ALSO:

Here's a FREE streaming link to today's running events:

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com//mediaPortal/player.dbml?catid=0&id=1144275&db_oem_id=6100

AT

May 29, 2014, 04:53:13 pm #11 Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 04:58:23 pm by Almatrackster
Two updates:

Larry Donald and Omar McLeod ran in the first round of the 400 hurdles, but neither will advance. With 48 competitors, you had finish in the top 24 to run in the next round that would decide who goes to the national championships.

Omar did run 51.87, but finished 27th. Larry Donald ran 52.33 and finished 33rd.

Good news, though, the Lady Razorbacks have another qualifier in Tamara Myers in the long jump! She jumped a personal best of 20' 8.5" to finish 3rd and punch a ticket to Eugene.

AT

The women's 1500 first round just finished and Stephanie Brown and Keri McClary for the Lady Razorbacks will move on to Saturday's next round which will decide who goes to Eugene.

They had to finish in the top 24 out of 48 and Brown finished 1st while McClary finished 20th.

Paige Johnston also ran for the Lady Razorbacks but JUST missed making the next round. She finishes 26th.

MHSGrad

Wow.. a lj of 20 feet? What did the girl from Crossett jump this year? Nearly 20? Pretty amazing

AT

Quote from: MHSGrad on May 29, 2014, 07:11:59 pm
Wow.. a lj of 20 feet? What did the girl from Crossett jump? Pretty amazing

Not sure what her best was. Did she hit 19 feet this year?

In the women's 100 meter dash, Regine Williams qualifies for the next round for the Lady Razorbacks. Out of the 48 competitors, she had to finish top 24 to advance to the next round that decides who goes to Eugene. She ran 11.70 to finish 18th.

AT

In the 400 meter dash 1st round, Neil Braddy AND Eric Janise qualify for the next round.

They had to finish in the top 24 out of 48 to advance to the next round which will decide who goes to Eugene. Braddy finishes 16th in 46.63 while Janise finishes 24th (last qualifying spot) in 47.07.

AT

Same rules for qualifying for the next round for the women's 400 as the men's 400. (top 24 out of 48)

Taylor Ellis-Watson and Chrishuna Williams both run a time of 53.05 to qualify for the next round for the Lady Razorbacks. Ellis-Watson and Williams finished 8th and 9th respectively.

Daina Harper did not qualify for the Lady Razorbacks. She finished 36th.

AT

Same rules for qualifying for next round in the men's 800 as the women's and men's 400 (top 24 out 48)

The Razorbacks had 3 runners and all 3 qualified for the next round that will decide who goes to Eugene.

Patrick Rono, Andrew Pisechko, and Tomas Squella finished 6th, 13th, and 14th respectively. Rono ran 1:49.44, Pisechko ran 1:49.92, and Squella ran 1:49.94.

AT

So the women's pole vault is done...

The Lady Razorbacks had 4 ladies competing and to advance to Eugene they had to be one of the last 12 jumpers left...

AND THEY ALL ADVANCE!!

Incredible performance.

Sandi Morris, Danielle Nowell, and Megan Zimlich all clear 13' 7" to finish 1st (T), 6th (T), 6th(T) respectively, while Ariel Voskamp finishes 11th with a clearance of 13' 3".

Great job ladies.

AT

Well I have some bad news and some good news. The bad news is pretty bad, though...

Jarrion Lawson, one of the best long jumpers in the nation, did not qualify for the national championships in Eugene for the men's long jump. He fouled his first two jumps and then had to jump conservatively on his last one. He only managed a jump of 23' 10.75" and finished 23rd...and you have to finish top 12.

The good news is that Raymond Higgs and Anthony May did qualify. Raymond Higgs finished 1st with a jump of 25' 6". And then we had some drama with Anthony May. He was 16th going into his final jump and needed to move into the top 12...which he does by less than an inch. He jumps 24' 8.5" and finishes 12th.

RATTLER43

AT

Quote from: RATTLER43 on May 29, 2014, 09:32:27 pm
That hurt.

Yes, we needed Lawson to go.

Gabe Gonzales does not qualify in the men's 10K for the Razorbacks. He didn't finish, not sure why.

RATTLER43

We had to be basically perfect and hope for some things to happen.  We should finish top five but titles hopes greatly diminish each time a potential scorer fails to qualify. 

AT

Quote from: RATTLER43 on May 29, 2014, 10:10:47 pm
We had to be basically perfect and hope for some things to happen.  We should finish top five but titles hopes greatly diminish each time a potential scorer fails to qualify.

Yep...we're going to need Braddy to step up in the 400, or qualify a few more 800 runners or high jumpers. People need to start stepping up the rest of the way.

I missed two events last night before I went to bed:

Women's 10K - The Lady Razorbacks had only one runner, Sandie Raines, in this race. They are saving most of their elite distance for the 5K. Raines DNF and will not qualify for Eugene.

Men's Javelin - The Razorbacks had one thrower, Pete Miroke, but he did not qualify. He threw the javelin 189' 2" for 40th place. (needed to finish top 12). He had a slight chance at qualifying, but was not expected to score at nationals.

The Men's Hammer Throw is in progress, but after that, there isn't an event until 3 PM...running events start at 5PM.

This is what the Razorbacks have going today:

5PM - Women's Triple Jump - Tamara Myers
5PM - Men's High Jump - Ken LeGassey, Dwayne Golbek, Noah Kittelson, Anthony May

5PM - Men's 110 meter hurdles 1st round - Omar McLeod
5:30PM - Women's 100 meter hurdles 1st round - Alex Gochenour
6PM - Men's 400 meter dash Eugene qualifying round - Neil Braddy, Eric Janise
6:15PM - Women's 400 meter dash Eugene qualifying round - Chrishuna Williams, Taylor Ellis-Watson
6:45PM - Women's 100 meter dash Eugene qualifying round - Regine Williams
7PM - Men's 800 meter run Eugene qualifying round - Patrick Rono, Tomas Squella, Andrew Pisechko
8:25PM - Women's 200 meter dash 1st round - Regine Williams
8:50 PM - Men's 3000 meter steeplechase Eugene qualifying round - Stanley Kebenei
9:30 PM - Women's 3000 meter steeplechase Eugene qualifying round - Jessica Kamilos, Grace Heymsfield

MHSGrad

From the other side of Arkansas, Arkansas State Men look like they are going to get a guy in the Hammer Throw. He was in 5th last I heard, with 8 throwers left, so it looks good. Of course, Sharika Nelvis (The reigning indoor 60 meter hurdle champion, if i am not mistaken) will be competiting in the 100 meter hurdles today, and should have no problems qualifying.

AT

Quote from: MHSGrad on May 30, 2014, 01:15:36 pm
From the other side of Arkansas, Arkansas State Men look like they are going to get a guy in the Hammer Throw. He was in 5th last I heard, with 8 throwers left, so it looks good. Of course, Sharika Nelvis (The reigning indoor 60 meter hurdle champion, if i am not mistaken) will be competiting in the 100 meter hurdles today, and should have no problems qualifying.

They have a long jumper too, Roelf Pienaar, who qualified for the long jump last night. I believe he placed pretty high in indoor nationals too.

I heard that he was South African and I was wondering how a South African long jumper ended up in Jonesboro and then someone reminded me of the good rugby program at Arkansas State and how they have connections in South Africa.

MHSGrad

Quote from: Almatrackster on May 30, 2014, 01:38:08 pm
Quote from: MHSGrad on May 30, 2014, 01:15:36 pm

They have a long jumper too, Roelf Pienaar, who qualified for the long jump last night. I believe he placed pretty high in indoor nationals too.

I heard that he was South African and I was wondering how a South African long jumper ended up in Jonesboro and then someone reminded me of the good rugby program at Arkansas State and how they have connections in South Africa.

Yup! Arkansas State claim to fame as of late.. They are pretty amazing! I must have overlooked him, but that is good to hear.

AT

Omar McLeod just competed in the first round of the Men's 110 Meter Hurdles for the Razorbacks. He needed to finish in the top 24 out of 48 competitors to move on to the next round and he does by finishing 6th. He ran a time of 13.70.

AT

Alex Gochenour just competed in the 1st round of the Women's 100 Meter Hurdles for the Lady Razorbacks. Same qualifying rules apply to this event as the Men's 110s (top 24 out of 48).

Gochenour did not qualify, though. She finished 39th with a time of 14.11. She's the heptathlete that's already qualified for Eugene, so I'm thinking she just ran this for practice and was not expected to qualify.

AT

Well...

The Men's 400 Meter Dash Eugene Qualifying Round just wrapped up. Neither Neil Braddy or Eric Janise qualified. There were 24 competitors and they had to finish in the top 12...

Janise finished 24th and Braddy JUST missed with a 13th place finish. I didn't think he was going to score at nationals, but I really wanted him to make it at least. Oh well, he still has the 4 x 4 and maybe the 4 x 1.

AT

The women's 400 meter dash Eugene Qualifying round just finished and I think the women had their first mess up.

Chrishuna Williams did not qualify, finishing 15th out of 24 when she needed to finish top 12.

Taylor Ellis-Watson, the freshmen, though did qualify by finishing 9th.

Chrishuna isn't a huge loss, but she had a chance at nationals and could have scores. Hopefully Ellis-Watson can step up big.

AT

Sorry I had to run off last night and not finish updates. Let me catch up now.

In the Men's High Jump, the Razorbacks had four athletes competing...Anthony May, Noah Kittelson, Ken LeGassey, and Dwayne Golbek.

May was a scorer in this event last year, but will not be this year as he did not qualify. That may be the nail in the coffin for the Razorbacks chances for a national title in Eugene, although I wouldn't say it's a nail that can't be stripped out with some big time performances...

On the other hand, Kittelson and LeGassey both make it and LeGassey looked really good doing it. He cleared every height on his first attempt. Maybe he can replace May's points at nationals.

In the women's triple jump, there was some drama. Tamara Myers sat in 16th place, needing to get into the top 12. On her last jump, she did just that...jumping herself all the way to 4th place and a spot in Eugene!

Regine Williams was not able to qualify in the women's 100 meter dash, but she was not really expected too. She's just a freshmen and had a good year.

In the Men's 800, Andrew Pisechko, Tomas Squella, and Patrick Rono competed. Pisechko did not qualify, but was not expected too. Rono and Squella did, though!

In the women's 200 meter dash, Regine Williams ran in the 1st round and qualified for the next round by finishing in the top 24. She'll have to finish in the top 12 this next round to make it to Eugene.

And in the 3000 meter steeplechase, no surprise...for the men Stanley Kebenei punches his ticket to Eugene while local favorite Grace Heymsfield does the same for the women. She wasn't the only Lady Razorback to do this, as Jessica Kamilos also finishes in the top 12 for a spot at nationals.

Here's what we have going today for the Razorbacks. All events today will be to decide who goes to Eugene for nationals

3PM - Men's Discus Throw - Devin Randall
6PM - Men's Triple Jump - Raymond Higgs, Clive Pullen, Anthony May
6PM - Women's High Jump - Kirsten Hesseltine
6PM - Men's 4 x 100 meter relay team
6:45PM - Women's 1500 run - Stephanie Brown, Keri McClary
7:05PM - Men's 110 hurdles - Omar McLeod
7:50PM - Women's 200 dash - Regine Williams
8:05PM - Men's 5000 run - Stanley Kebenei
8:45PM - Diane Robison, Dominique Scott
9:25PM - Men's 4 x 400 meter relay team
9:45PM - Women's 4 x 400 meter relay team

AT

Men's 4 x 100 meter relay team makes it! They needed to finish top 12 and they finish 4th. Probably the only pleasant surprise for the men this meet thus far. I figured they'd make it, but I didn't think they'd look that good.

RATTLER43

AT

Quote from: RATTLER43 on May 31, 2014, 06:51:56 pm
How have our triple jumpers been doing?

Higgs is the only one who's flight has gone so far. He jumped out to 51' 6.5" and is currently in 2nd after 2 of 4 flights completed. Each flight gets progressively better, though, so the guys in flights 3 have better personal bests than the guys in flight 2 and so on.

Pullen and May are in flight 4, which is about to start. Higgs needs to hope he stays in the top 12 after these next two flights.

AT

Stephanie Brown just qualified for Eugene in the Women's 1500. She needed to finish top 12 and finished 1st. Keri McClary did not, but I didn't expect her too. She ran well, though. She finished 14th and just missed out.

AT

McLeod just qualified for Eugene in the 110 hurdles! He needed to finish top 12 and he finishes 4th!

Kirstie Hesseltine is one of 22 athletes left in the women's high jump. She needs to finish top 12...

Raymond Higgs still in 2nd with the beginning of the last two flights of the triple jump.

Clive Pullen fouled his first jump and May has yet to jump.

AT

Kirsten Hesseltine qualifies for Eugene in the women's high jump! The Har-Ber alumni joins Grace Heymsfield as a local favorite in Eugene.

Clive Pullen will not qualify in the men's triple jump. Right now Anthony May is in 10th with one jump remaining before the final 3 jumps. Higgs is in 4th.

AT

Regine Williams does not make it out of the Eugene qualifying round of the women's 200 dash. She just missed out by finishing 14th. She is just a freshmen and has a bright future. Actually, I believe she is on the 4 x 400 meter relay team so her season isn't over just yet.

Higgs and May both make it to the final round of jumps. 16 jumpers make it to this round and they take 12 of those jumpers to Eugene. Higgs is currently in 7th and May is in 10th.

AT

May 31, 2014, 08:41:38 pm #39 Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 08:45:07 pm by Almatrackster
Kebenei qualifies in the 5K for Eugene! There were two heats of 24 athletes each. You had to finish top 5 and then if you couldn't do that, you had to be one of the next two fastest times. Well Kebenei finished 6th in his heat, but he was the fastest not automatic qualifier!

May and Higgs are 7th and 9th respectively in the triple jump with two jumps left for everybody.

AT

Higgs and May to Eugene in the triple jump! Higgs had a big jump that moved him up to 3rd!

Diane Robison also just qualified for Eugene in the Women's 5K by finishing in the top 5 in heat 1. Dominique Scott is currently running in heat 2 and looking good so far.

RATTLER43

Yes!   Jumpers got to get in to have any chance. 

AT

Dominique Scott just qualified for the women's 5K, also.

The 4 x 400 teams for both men and women are the last events.

AT

Braddy once again shows how he's a relay 400 runner first and a open 400 runner 2nd...brings the Razorbacks from 4th to 2nd and grabs an auto qualifying spot to Eugene for the Razorbacks' 4 x 400 team!

Braddy ran a 45.33 relay split...

RATTLER43

AT

Arkansas women finish 1st in their 4x4 heat and grab a spot to Eugene. Ellis-Watson, a freshmen, made up a HUGE gap between them and USC on the third leg and then Chrishuna Williams held off a USC runner on the anchor. Actually Chrishuna burned her the last 100.

This Ellis-Watson girl will be one to watch for...the strange thing is that I don't remember her running indoors. Must have had some injury issues or something else.

RATTLER43

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas