• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Great Performances and MVPs at State Track and Field Meets

Started by AT, May 10, 2014, 03:57:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AT

MVPs (most points scored by athlete on winning team)

NO RELAYS ARE ADDED BECAUSE IT'S TOO DIFFICULT TO FIND WHAT ATHLETES RAN ON WHAT RELAYS

7A Boys - Bentonville
3 Way tie
Paul Pearson - 4th in the 110 Hurdles, 4th in the 300 hurdles
Jordan Patrick - 5th in the 110 Hurdles, 3rd in the Triple Jump
Dylan Little - 3rd in the Long Jump, 5th in the Triple Jump

7A Girls - Bentonville
Logan Morton - 4th in the 100 Hurdles, 1st in Triple Jump, 1st in Long Jump, 2nd in the 300 Hurdles

6A Boys - Texarkana Arkansas
Providence George - 1st in Triple Jump, 3rd in Long Jump, 5th in 200 Dash, 3rd in 100 Dash

6A Girls - Texarkana Arkansas
Morgan Norwood - 1st in Discus Throw, 1st in High Jump

5A Boys - Vilonia
Zachary Rail - 1st in 3200 Run, 1st in 1600 Run, 2nd in the 800 Run

5A Girls - Magnolia
Briana Hardiman - 2nd in 100 Dash, 1st in Triple Jump, 1st in Long Jump, 2nd in 200 Dash, 3rd in High Jump

4A Boys - Dollarway
Henri Murphy - 1st in 100 Dash, 1st in 200 Dash

4A Girls - Crossett
Kelsey Herman - 1st in High Jump, 1st in Long Jump, 1st in 100 Dash, 1st in 200 Dash

3A Boys - Elkins
Michael Harris - 1st in 1600 Run, 2nd in 800 Run, 6th in 3200 Run

3A Girls - Mansfield
Mallory Ward - 1st in Pole Vault, 2nd in High Jump, 2nd in Long Jump

2A Boys - Junction City
Josh Armstrong - 1st in Long Jump, 1st in 110 Hurdles, 3rd in 100 Dash, 1st in 300 Hurdles

2A Girls - Magazine (AKA JD LEFTWICH)
Brittney Bryan - 3rd in 400 Dash, 4th in High Jump

1A Boys - Caddo Hills
Seth Powell - 1st in 300 Hurdles, 3rd in Long Jump, 2nd in 100 Dash, 2nd in 200 Dash, 8th in Triple Jump

1A Girls - Trinity Christian
Elizabeth Gillette - 6th in 800 Run, 5th in 1600 Run, 2nd in Triple Jump, 4th in High Jump, 3rd in 3200 Run

MORE TO COME LATER

MHSGrad

The Hardiman girl from Magnolia is only a, sophomore too.. Very, very promising future with those girls!

Lionheart88

Bradie Ryburn, the 5A Girls High Jump winner, should probably be in as a "great performance".  She's only a freshman, got a heck of a bright future ahead of her.

freethrow

Great Performance 3A Girls

Riley Rose - Harding Academy (Jr.)

Long Jump - 1st
100M - 1st
200M - 1st
Shot - 3rd
400M - 2nd

RATTLER43

Quote from: Almatrackster on May 10, 2014, 03:57:51 pm
MVPs (most points scored by athlete on winning team)

NO RELAYS ARE ADDED BECAUSE IT'S TOO DIFFICULT TO FIND WHAT ATHLETES RAN ON WHAT RELAYS

7A Boys - Bentonville
3 Way tie
Paul Pearson - 4th in the 110 Hurdles, 4th in the 300 hurdles
Jordan Patrick - 5th in the 110 Hurdles, 3rd in the Triple Jump
Dylan Little - 3rd in the Long Jump, 5th in the Triple Jump

7A Girls - Bentonville
Logan Morton - 4th in the 100 Hurdles, 1st in Triple Jump, 1st in Long Jump, 2nd in the 300 Hurdles

6A Boys - Texarkana Arkansas
Providence George - 1st in Triple Jump, 3rd in Long Jump, 5th in 200 Dash, 3rd in 100 Dash

6A Girls - Texarkana Arkansas
Morgan Norwood - 1st in Discus Throw, 1st in High Jump

5A Boys - Vilonia
Zachary Rail - 1st in 3200 Run, 1st in 1600 Run, 2nd in the 800 Run

5A Girls - Magnolia
Briana Hardiman - 2nd in 100 Dash, 1st in Triple Jump, 1st in Long Jump, 2nd in 200 Dash, 3rd in High Jump

4A Boys - Dollarway
Henri Murphy - 1st in 100 Dash, 1st in 200 Dash

4A Girls - Crossett
Kelsey Herman - 1st in High Jump, 1st in Long Jump, 1st in 100 Dash, 1st in 200 Dash

3A Boys - Elkins
Michael Harris - 1st in 1600 Run, 2nd in 800 Run, 6th in 3200 Run

3A Girls - Mansfield
Mallory Ward - 1st in Pole Vault, 2nd in High Jump, 2nd in Long Jump

2A Boys - Junction City
Josh Armstrong - 1st in Long Jump, 1st in 110 Hurdles, 3rd in 100 Dash, 1st in 300 Hurdles

2A Girls - Magazine (AKA JD LEFTWICH)
Brittney Bryan - 3rd in 400 Dash, 4th in High Jump

1A Boys - Caddo Hills
Seth Powell - 1st in 300 Hurdles, 3rd in Long Jump, 2nd in 100 Dash, 2nd in 200 Dash, 8th in Triple Jump

1A Girls - Trinity Christian
Elizabeth Gillette - 6th in 800 Run, 5th in 1600 Run, 2nd in Triple Jump, 4th in High Jump, 3rd in 3200 Run

MORE TO COME LATER

Understood.

Thanks so much for the accolades for Brittney in 2A.  She anchored all relays.  Her MVP status is well-deserved as she took the baton 14 seconds behind #1 ranked Marmaduke's anchor and ran a 2:27 split to overtake her at finish line! We only won state by 1.5 so second place in relay would have meant state Runnerup overall. She stepped back on track 15 minutes later to get our sprint relay qualified.  Then in her final event she anchored our mile relay to a silver passing Magnet Cove anchor along the way to secure the State title!  Thanks again. 

Photo

4A Boys Track: Deon Stewart, Highland, triple jumps 45'11". The 4A state record is 45'4.5" set in 2006. Doesn't get the state record, because they say it's wind aided. I was standing there taking pictures as he jumped and I'm not sure the wind was at his back. Oh well.

MHSGrad

It wasnt.. It was a cross wind the whole time.. The coach from Highland was giving the officials heck because they had some really young kid working the wind gauge.. It is a shame, but at least Highland came home with a trophy! I was very impressed with their performance, especially in the long jump

jvance

How can Payton Stumbaugh not be the MVP for 7a girls. She only did this:
1st 100m
1st 200m
1st 100h
1st 300h
2nd LJ
3rd in HJ
Just my opinion..

ricepig

Quote from: jvance on May 10, 2014, 10:53:22 pm
1st 100m
1st 200m
1st 100h
1st 300h
2nd LJ
3rd in HJ
Just my opinion..

Was she on the winning team?

MHSGrad

Nope.. She goes to Har Ber, but she is an amazing athlete.. I believe she is going to be a Sooner

ricepig

Quote from: MHSGrad on May 11, 2014, 12:08:09 am
Nope.. She goes to Har Ber, but she is an amazing athlete.. I believe she is going to be a Sooner

Yeah, I know, just trying to point out the OP said high point on the winning team.

SouthpawSensation

Just an FYI (I know almatrackster said he wasn't adding relays) — Logan Morton ran the third leg of Bentonville's 4x100 relay (which took first place) and the final leg of the 4x400 relay (finished fifth).

AT

Time to answer some questions or statements:

The "MORE TO COME LATER" statement at the bottom means more will come after I get back from church and Mother's Day lunch this afternoon. I already have an idea of what I'm going to do and it should include all the great performances you guys are suggesting.

Quote from: jvance on May 10, 2014, 10:53:22 pm
1st 100m
1st 200m
1st 100h
1st 300h
2nd LJ
3rd in HJ
Just my opinion..

It's a tough standard to have, but I choose the MVPs ate the state meet only from the winning teams. Notice I said MVPs at State Track and Field Meets. Think of it like this. Kevin Durant won the MVP of the NBA, but if the Thunder were to lose before the finals, he couldn't win Finals MVP.

Don't worry, Stumbaugh will get recognition when I do the rest of my great performance lists this afternoon.

AT

Also: As for me not adding relays.

Some of the state meets reported who ran on the relays and some didn't. Some of the state meets who reported what athletes ran on what relay teams, didn't report ALL the relays.

And lastly, teams sometimes say this athlete is going to run on the relay and then change it at the last second.

BUT I do like how you guys are saying what relays these athletes run. I encourage that because it promotes their success more.

I'm hoping in the future to have a way to find out who ran these relays, but for now I have no solution.

RATTLER43

Love what you do for track and field on here.  Keep up the great work. 

jvance

Sorry didn't see the winning team part. Just MVP of each group. She and Kelsey Herman are by far the top 2 females in the state hands down. Glad to gave opened up a new conversation. Cant wait to see all the top athletes at the MOC next weekend.

sevenof400

Quote from: jvance on May 11, 2014, 02:11:15 pm
Sorry didn't see the winning team part. Just MVP of each group. She and Kelsey Herman are by far the top 2 females in the state hands down. Glad to gave opened up a new conversation. Cant wait to see all the top athletes at the MOC next weekend.

On that point, with all the graduations and other spring sports heading into playoffs later this week, I fear the MOC's athlete's attendance will suffer this year.  I'm not sure there is a good answer to this issue but the May calendars are so crowded.

RATTLER43

Throw the Hughes sprinter into the conversation.  Not as versatile but a 55 second quarter as a freshmen girl plus great times in other two sprints gets her into the conversation. 

RATTLER43

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas