• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DeWitt track Meet 4/10

Started by Fanofsports, April 04, 2014, 09:31:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Fanofsports

April 04, 2014, 09:31:26 am Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 10:06:10 am by Fanofsports
Anyone know what schools will be competing in this meet? And which athletes to watch?

Softball Dave

Looks like it will be a small meet. Lonoke, Stuttgart, Carlisle, Kipp Delta, & DeWitt ( of course).

Not sure of what Lonoke & Stuttgart will bring, we have Cody Fox in the 1600 & 3200M runs, & Kelsey McGee in the 300M hurdles, who ran under 0:51 at the Hamburg meet.

Fanofsports

Lonoke has Justin Meadows who is a natural at long and triple jump.  Meadows and Mark Odom are fast and run the 100m pretty well. Odom is Lonoke's hurdler and has clocked 14.9 in the 110m and 43 in the 300.  They have only had one meet, so not real sure how the other kids are doing in the other events.  Lonoke's relays look promising. Have no idea on how their girls are.

Fanofsports

Brutal meet for the runners with 18-21mph winds.  Very glad the kids got to compete though.

Softball Dave

It definitely was! All I know though is that your sprinter & hurdler is a beast! He dominated all the those events. And I believe Cody, my son, told me he is only a sophomore. And still a few years to get even better. That's SCARY!

Fanofsports

Odom is a sophomore.  I think because of his size that he surprises a lot of people with how fast he really is. Meadows did a good job in the triple jump and the 100 and Lonoke's 4x100 relay was much improved over their first meet.  Would have liked to have seen what the times would have been if the winds were calm. The boys said it felt like they hit a wall when they were running. Hope Cody is successful for the rest of the track season.

Softball Dave

Thanks! He's training pretty hard. Looking to peak around state.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas