• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A Girls State Meet @ Ft Smith Southside

Started by True Fan, May 02, 2013, 09:38:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

True Fan

Congrats to the Murfreesboro Lady Rattlers. They had a bunch of great athletes and held off a hard charging Magnet Cove to win the title.

It could have been ran a lot better. They had prelims that had to be reran. They were posting and announcing and handing out medals that were wrong. There were multiple different scores announced before the 4x400 with a 20-30 minute delay before they could run the race.

I saw three girls told that they were DQ'd in shot. Two were allowed to return and throw. The coach of the one who didn't return started to leave, then came back toward the event and cussed out all of the officials in front of two events. 

One in spikes, one in slippers, and one not in uniform. Spikes okayed. Uniform warning and changed. Slippers stayed DQ'd.

RATTLER43

Great meet!   Great conditions and great kids.  Congrats to all.
Murfreesboro in girls and Junction City in boys. 

WPWells

Very impressed with Adrianna Thomas of Magazine. This is a girl to watch out for. She placed fifth in discus as a freshman without spinning. Most brute strength I've seen from a girl at that level in a long time

RATTLER43

Great athlete. Began spinning a few weeks ago.  When she gets it down she will be great!

WPWells

Can't wait to see her progress next year!! The sky's the limit for this girl. I wouldn't even say the Olympics would be out of reach

33TRAP

totally late on this one but congrats to the MHS Girls track team.  Ive seen the time and effort you put in and how passionate you are about track.  Congrats!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas