• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jobs Coming Open

Started by reggiebushfan, February 12, 2013, 09:50:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

reggiebushfan

Any word on the harber job?

Moonshiner

Any updates on any of these jobs? Any of them filled yet?

justawatchin

how bout that Zebra job....they got talent there.  Whos getting that job?

searkballa07

Quote from: justawatchin on March 28, 2013, 10:02:28 am
how bout that Zebra job....they got talent there.  Whos getting that job?

Curious to see who they hire as well.  Started this post on the 6A board as well. 

OlGuyWicker

I thought the coach they had last year did a good job. Coach Smith was it?  Is he a candidate? 

Real deal

Bay assistant Josh Bateman has taken the head coaching job for the boys at Tuckerman.  We hate to lose him, but wish him the best!

Basketballfan13

Quote from: Real deal on March 28, 2013, 01:03:13 pm
Bay assistant Josh Bateman has taken the head coaching job for the boys at Tuckerman.  We hate to lose him, but wish him the best!
Congrats to Bateman! Great guy!

BBall247

Har-Ber is interview right now.

Quitman Girls?

ab24

White county central boys is open

Moonshiner

hawgball11

What happened to Quattlebaum at white county?

ab24

It was Starkey at white county. I'm not sure where he went

mustang12

I think Quattlebaum was assisting with Farris at white county. Starkey is administration at Rose Bud.

ab24

2 starkeys at white county. One is head boys coach and other is admin

ab24

Donald starkey is AD. Danny is boys coach

Moonshiner

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Buffalo Island Central will have a new boys coach next year!!!   

ab24

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

say Eoff is going to teach 7th&8th grade Math & Coach baseball,    Alot of rumors right now.  I can see Fowler taking it since his girls are done & he has 1 boy playing & 1 coming up &  Williford getting the girls since he has them in softball.   Then you hear a Legend is coming back but i don't think we will pay the money for that. So i don't know who it will be BUT it was time for a change.

ab24

gotcha.  wonder how long before a decision will be made?

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Don't have a clue.  I would like for them to take some time & make a good choice instead of rushing it.
We need our program built back up. We need some one that will take Pride in the program.It is a hard position due to the tradition that was once there.  We do have some talent & talent coming up. Only time will tell.

ab24

ya, hopefully they make a good hire. 

Basketballfan13

Both McCrory jobs have been filled from what I hear.

ab24

quitman girls coach got the mccrory girls job.  who got the boys?

Basketballfan13

Not sure If the Coach that has taken the boys job has informed his team yet so I'll give it a few days before I mention it.

coach_r

I heard it was a coach that use to be at Cross County? Not for sure though.

ab24

there are a few jobs out there that, once they get filled, should open up other jobs.  HarBer, Valley, and Stuttgart will hopefully make hires soon so that the ball will get rolling on new openings.  Seems like everything is at a standstill waiting on these jobs

Googlymoogly

someone said Valley Springs has made a hire but I have not seen anything about it. Anyone know?

bulldog42

Quote from: Googlymoogly on April 04, 2013, 04:17:49 pm
someone said Valley Springs has made a hire but I have not seen anything about it. Anyone know?
From what I have heard they are having a special board meeting tonight to hire the coach so we should hear something tonight.

Googlymoogly

Quote from: bulldog42 on April 05, 2013, 12:13:50 pm
From what I have heard they are having a special board meeting tonight to hire the coach so we should hear something tonight.
yeah I heard that too, the board meeting is scheduled for 7 p.m. I also heard that Johnny Taylor is the frontrunner so we will see

bulldog42

Quote from: Googlymoogly on April 05, 2013, 12:43:38 pm
Quote from: bulldog42 on April 05, 2013, 12:13:50 pm
yeah I heard that too, the board meeting is scheduled for 7 p.m. I also heard that Johnny Taylor is the frontrunner so we will see
That is the rumor I have heard as well, of course you never can tell until they have the meeting.  I just know the meeting has one agenda item and that is to hire a coach

ab24

Any word on the valley school board meeting?

bulldog42

Quote from: ab24 on April 05, 2013, 07:20:16 pm
They hired Johnny Taylor who was the coach at Pangburn

FreeMoney

Can't wait to see how  he works with the 5th and 6 th grade boys! This should be interesting.

Baller Fan35

Quote from: bulldog42 on April 05, 2013, 08:33:10 pm
WOW! Four schools in four years...he doesn't stay anywhere...hope Valley has built in talent because that will be the only way he stays put.

Googlymoogly

Quote from: Baller Fan35 on April 05, 2013, 10:42:14 pm
WOW! Four schools in four years...he doesn't stay anywhere...hope Valley has built in talent because that will be the only way he stays put.
I believe overall he has had six jobs in 10 years....

royalhoops

Quote from: Googlymoogly on April 06, 2013, 12:15:52 am
Quote from: Baller Fan35 on April 05, 2013, 10:42:14 pm
I believe overall he has had six jobs in 10 years....
at what point do people quit hiring him? He knows basketball, but he doesn't treat people, be it players or assistants, very well.

FreeMoney

There  may not be enough room in the spacious Valley arena for his and Jenkins egos. Check that-- there absolutely won't enough room for both of those two. Poor kids at Valley.

Sourmilkstain

Sanders did get the girls job at McCrory, they didn't tell me a name if they hired a boys coach.
Quattlebaum is a history teacher & softball coach at White County. Danny Starkey, the boys basketball coach is leaving to be the AD & assist prin at Rose Bud. Donald Starkey is AD & head girls coach at White County. Farris got out of coaching.

HarBer has finalist.

Hate to hear about Big O at BIC. Glad he's stickin w/baseball. Would be much better job after folks stop living in past and let the Taylor family live w/o always having people bug them about reliving the glory days.

Great to hear that Bateman is taking over the reigns in Tuck! New job, new town, to kid...should make for an exciting time in the Bateman house!

Basketballfan13

Coach west from Maynard has accepted the boys job at McCrory.

Iknewthemwhen

I just read this blog,  I doubt they could get away with a rule that says coaches have to live in the district if the coach is already employed.  That would have to be a part of his original contract.

Moonshiner

So who will take Johnys place at Pangburn?

Nikki7672

It's gonna be hard for somebody to follow the great JT at Pangburn and match or exceed his 6 wins last season!

Moonshiner

Quote from: Nikki7672 on April 09, 2013, 06:16:51 am
It's gonna be hard for somebody to follow the great JT at Pangburn and match or exceed his 6 wins last season!
Wonder if Valley Springs will pay him what he was getting at Highland?
I heard he got more than the Principal there.

FreeMoney

Quote from: Moonshiner on April 09, 2013, 07:37:30 pm
He won't make more than the principal at Valley. They will be looking for a new principal if so and that doesn't even take into account the fit that Jenkins would throw.

Real deal

Just heard that Coach Harmon (formerly of ICC) is going to Salem?  Anyone else heard this, and what happened to Eckman?

reggiebushfan

Looks like Cross County and Walnut Ridge both have openings for girls coaches.

ZoneBuster

Quote from: FreeMoney on April 09, 2013, 08:05:19 pm
Quote from: Moonshiner on April 09, 2013, 07:37:30 pm
He won't make more than the principal at Valley. They will be looking for a new principal if so and that doesn't even take into account the fit that Jenkins would throw.

Pretty sure Principal Ruff is retiring anyway, so I think they will be looking for a new one. Not positive on that, though!

vtowneagles

April 11, 2013, 08:47:35 pm #98 Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 04:08:41 pm by vtowneagles
Vilonia boys basketball

elvis26

;D greene county tech boys job is fixin to be open!!!!!!!! scott bowlin just got hired by har-ber this week. congratulations to coach bowlin!!!!!!!!!!!1

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas