• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Little brother...

Started by Coach Venny Slocombe, February 07, 2013, 09:55:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Coach Venny Slocombe

Another reason why ASU will always be the Razorbacks "Little Brother"...

http://247sports.com/Season/2013-Football/TeamRankings

Hogs ranked in the top 25 in this list and only ranked 28th in the lowest (Rivals)...

Red Wolves ranked #98 in this list and this is the highest ranking. Most put them outside the top 100...nice to see that impressive bowl bid kept the recruiting hot... ;)

Peety

February 07, 2013, 12:33:05 pm #1 Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 12:39:11 pm by Peety

Peety

For all of you Hog fans that say ASU fans always start everything, here's what proves you wrong.

But I'm not that worried about it. In the 08 class for stAte, they ranked 7/8 in the Sunbelt recruiting rankings. Wanna know who came out of that class?

Ryan Aplin- 2 time SBC player of the year

Demario Davis- 3rd round draft pick of the New York jets.

Derek Newton- starting tackle for the Houston Texans

Bryan Hall- Defensive tackle for the Baltimore Ravens

MD Jennings- starting saftey for the Green Bay Packers

Obviously rankings don't mean a whole lot. Ended up with 5 NFL players. Why don't you Arkansas fans worry about trying to beat ULL at home next year. Or even possibly making a bowl game before coming on this board and trying to flex your mediocre SEC muscles

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: Peety on February 07, 2013, 12:37:19 pm
For all of you Hog fans that say ASU fans always start everything, here's what proves you wrong.

But I'm not that worried about it. In the 08 class for stAte, they ranked 7/8 in the Sunbelt recruiting rankings. Wanna know who came out of that class?

Ryan Aplin- 2 time SBC player of the year

Demario Davis- 3rd round draft pick of the New York jets.

Derek Newton- starting tackle for the Houston Texans

Bryan Hall- Defensive tackle for the Baltimore Ravens

MD Jennings- starting saftey for the Green Bay Packers

Obviously rankings don't mean a whole lot. Ended up with 5 NFL players. Why don't you Arkansas fans worry about trying to beat ULL at home next year. Or even possibly making a bowl game before coming on this board and trying to flex your mediocre SEC muscles
Really? After all the grief you guys gave Arkansas fans over Bobby and last years performance...
But you are right, rankings of players don't mean anything...but you are still little brother...

Peety

Well you sure haven't proved it on the field.

ricepig

Quote from: Peety on February 07, 2013, 03:20:52 pm

So that would fulfill your life? I don't care either way, but I don't see the obsession if some ASU fans.

True Believer

Dear Lord.  The hypocrites astound me.....lol...hahahahaha.....lol.

Oh gosh. 

Don't pay any attention to them.   Pot stirrers because they are idiots. 

Hoo boy!!!  hehehehe!   I'm still laughing.

bdubyab60

ASU has a couple good seasons and pow cant shut em up. Finally win a bowl after 80 years same thing.

Kick the Hogs while they are down all year. Lost one of the best coachs in the country and had whatever they call him run the rest in the ground.

You guys have just as much in it as the rest of us. Good luck getting lucky with your recruits and without freeze to develope your players.

ricepig

Quote from: ricepig on February 07, 2013, 05:01:08 pm

So that would fulfill your life? I don't care either way, but I don't see the obsession of some ASU fans.

Coach Venny Slocombe

And ASU has? Listen Little Bro...the GoDaddy bowl is not big time and the Sun Belt is the equivalent of the 7A West in football...heck the 7A west might be better...lol...Arkansas has been to a BCS game...ASU wins their conference and gets a lower tier bowl...lol...ASU is and always will be a joke...
With Arkansas's signing class in a shortened recruiting period for CBB it is going nowhere but up for the Hogs...

GrizzlyBaseball

It seems strange to me that any resident of Arkansas would wish belittle or wish ill on the ASU program.  It just seems petty.  A healthy ASU program provides an opportunity for many Arkansas high school players who aren't up to major college level.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: GrizzlyBaseball on February 08, 2013, 09:35:26 am
It seems strange to me that any resident of Arkansas would wish belittle or wish ill on the ASU program.  It just seems petty.  A healthy ASU program provides an opportunity for many Arkansas high school players who aren't up to major college level.
Your last sentence says it all...

Peety

Lol. The arrogance of some Hog fans. Crazy they talk so much but haven't done much of anything on the field. Maybe ASU hasn't either. But I'm not the one making threads about U of A. The way you guys performed last year no one needs to be talking ASU down.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: Peety on February 08, 2013, 12:35:48 pm
Lol. The arrogance of some Hog fans. Crazy they talk so much but haven't done much of anything on the field. Maybe ASU hasn't either. But I'm not the one making threads about U of A. The way you guys performed last year no one needs to be talking ASU down.
Hmmm, I guess when you are an ASU fan a BCS bowl means nothing or ending the season ranked #5 in the nation...that would be doing something on the field Little Bro...of course ASU will never sniff a BCS bid nor play in any bowl of any significance...lol...

phdefense

Quote from: Peety on February 08, 2013, 12:35:48 pm
Peety this is what rivals do. If CVS really believed what he was saying oddly enough he wouldn't even be wasting his time saying it.

Peety

Oh I know. But what I'm saying gets under his skin. I'm just playing the game  ;D

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: Peety on February 08, 2013, 03:04:45 pm
Oh I know. But what I'm saying gets under his skin. I'm just playing the game  ;D
Nope...not under my skin...lol...I know what the truth is and ASU knows what it is like to be second tier...I'm good with that...lol...

cuckoobird

I wish the U would play stAte. It would be a fun game to watch every year. Maybe some day when the U isnt afraid of them this game will happen.

fastdrop

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on February 11, 2013, 09:33:33 am
Quote from: Peety on February 08, 2013, 03:04:45 pm
Nope...not under my skin...lol...I know what the truth is and ASU knows what it is like to be second tier...I'm good with that...lol...
i remember when asu was not even a tier. So second tier and rising works for me.

The hogs schedule no tiers in the last few years.

The Missouri home and home ..... Wow. I think the show me state is doing its best to help out the hogs little brother.

polksalet

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on February 07, 2013, 09:55:20 am

Hogs ranked in the top 25 in this list and only ranked 28th in the lowest (Rivals)...

Red Wolves ranked #98 in this list and this is the highest ranking. Most put them outside the top 100...nice to see that impressive bowl bid kept the recruiting hot... ;)

the answer to every coward pig fan "and hogs are afraid of them". As a hog fan I don't know how you can expect them to beat Bama while being taught to be afraid of the other D-1 team in the state.

Uncle Ivan

No so much little brother but more akin to a Chihuahua yipping at a Rottweiler.

Wouldn't mind seeing the Rott finally rip the guts out of the barking little crap.

True Believer

Quote from: polksalet on March 04, 2013, 09:02:52 pm
Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on February 07, 2013, 09:55:20 am

the answer to every coward pig fan "and hogs are afraid of them". As a hog fan I don't know how you can expect them to beat Bama while being taught to be afraid of the other D-1 team in the state.

^^^   This.

AirWarren

^ doing the old 5 finger pyxis sweep I see.

True Believer

I can always do the one finger pyxis sweep.   ^

AirWarren

True. I guess that's a regional way to look at it ha

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas