• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Vilonia Eagles

Started by GB1987, November 17, 2010, 11:46:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

GB1987

What happened to the Vilonia Eagles this year with all the talent they had at hand? Any college athetes or D-1 players on team?

3up3down

Your asking a question that sounds like you think you have a answer for

3up3down

go to class or answer the question

DeepCoverage

I think you will have a D-1 in 2012--Jake Anderson-Center

DeepCoverage

November 17, 2010, 06:25:35 pm #4 Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 07:22:36 pm by DeepCoverage
Quote from: GB1987 on November 17, 2010, 11:46:30 am
What happened to the Vilonia Eagles this year with all the talent they had at hand? Any college athetes or D-1 players on team?

Give your opinion of what happened to the talented Eagles this year GB1987

Ask razorhogs72501

If you have a question like that surely you have your own opinion

DeepCoverage

WoW!

got quite iyg, feels like we must hide

3up3down

Don,t tell me I have missed this show

Paw-Paw

Vilonia has been their worst own enemy. The offense that the Eagles run melts the clock away and unless they get out ahead or have a defensive/special teams play they struggle throughout. Do not get me wrong, Vilonia is similar to a Houston Nutt team where they chip away at the score and hold the opposing team with a good defense and  slowly close the gap and give them a chance to win the game come the 4th Quarter.

In the case for this 2010 Season the Eagles struggled against potent offense's that have a "quick strike" attitude. Also when the opposing team is able to kick the ball into the end-zone and Vilonia has to start at their own 20 Yard Line and drive 80 Yards for a score, that is tough on just about any high school team.

The Eagles are a "Good" team not a "Great" team right now. They have the personnel  to compete, but with the margin of victory being so small anymore it is difficult and on top of that they are in the 5A WEST. In this conference if you don't bring your best you will get your tailed kicked.

3up3down

RD™

When Vilonia abandons that archaic offense, they will be a force.

DeepCoverage

Dear RD,

I have to admit to a few things that I was sure would never happen.
I never thought I would break par on Tiger Woods Wii(standard)
I never thought I would see a true rain with lightning again
I never thought my son would be this ready to start playing baseball this early after football

I never thought it was posible for me not to bash you, i am so sorry,i meant to say WANT to Bash YOU!

Thanks for that post.

YellowHammer

Hmmmm....what happened to Vilonia this year?....   I could write a book. Bottom line is, we need a new offensive mind.   It's an absolute shame that our boys cannot be led  to victory; they are forced to win in spite of our offensive philosophy.   As long as the other teams in the 5A West continue to improve and develop innovative offensive gameplans,  we will forevermore be stuck in the 1960s and struggle to make the playoffs.  The days of one dimensional football have passed us by and left us in the dust.

LovefortheGame101

Quote from: DeepCoverage on November 17, 2010, 06:16:29 pm
you really think this kid will go D-1??

3up3down

I like his choice on Anderson, do you have someone else in mind

DeepCoverage

November 18, 2010, 08:18:57 am #14 Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 08:28:38 am by DeepCoverage
Quote from: LovefortheGame101 on November 18, 2010, 02:00:27 am
Quote from: DeepCoverage on November 17, 2010, 06:16:29 pm
you really think this kid will go D-1??

Who would you pick
They say if you are good enough they will find you no matter where you play, is anyone looking. I think we have a couple of kids that can play at the next level but it would be a small college, but it is the education we are really looking for

razorhogs72501

Once Vilonia started to spead the field on O, they started to move on the Pioneers. It would have been an exciting game if they did that the whole game.

DeepCoverage

Quote from: YellowHammer on November 17, 2010, 11:39:22 pm
Hmmmm....what happened to Vilonia this year?....   I could write a book. Bottom line is, we need a new offensive mind.   It's an absolute shame that our boys cannot be led  to victory; they are forced to win in spite of our offensive philosophy.   As long as the other teams in the 5A West continue to improve and develop innovative offensive gameplans,  we will forevermore be stuck in the 1960s and struggle to make the playoffs.  The days of one dimensional football have passed us by and left us in the dust.

Will we do the same thing next year,

3up3down

November 18, 2010, 12:24:10 pm #17 Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 12:41:43 pm by 3up3down
Please do not go there

Yes! We will

DeepCoverage

Quote from: GB1987 on November 17, 2010, 11:46:30 am

where did GB1987 go

Forrest City H

Quote from: 3up3down on November 18, 2010, 07:50:20 am

Coach Petrino came to Vilonia school last year to visit James Sax.

DeepCoverage

I hate to say it, but if he stops this year it would be due to he had a flat tire.
James has to prove to some people that he can play at that level, the body and strength is there, its what you do with what God gave him is up to him

pantherblue

Quote from: Forrest City H on November 18, 2010, 03:47:09 pm
Quote from: 3up3down on November 18, 2010, 07:50:20 am

Coach Petrino came to Vilonia school last year to visit James Sax.

He's going to have to pick it up from this year...   And this is not just from me, I heard it from the Vtown folks at a couple of games...

3up3down

November 18, 2010, 04:08:35 pm #22 Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 04:14:38 pm by 3up3down
I have said it before
The kid is in the wrong spot

I would like to see screens thrown to this kid and let him go
He needs vision of the field not run up the middle, heck he runs straight up
send him to the outside and let him run straight up

pantherblue

3up3down

Kyle Wyatt

Unless a JR that did not play this year steps in and takes the spot

I sure did not see anything out of the 9th grade group

InYoGrill

Quote from: 3up3down on November 18, 2010, 04:19:06 pm
Kyle Wyatt

Unless a JR that did not play this year steps in and takes the spot

I sure did not see anything out of the 9th grade group

Are we forgetting #6 Henderson? My opinion from watching some jv games and what I heard from other players was that he has better accuracy than DK but obviously not the running of DK (which he was one of a kind).  If it is Wyatt great but he better GROW big time cause he is a little tiny guy.

pantherblue

Well I have said it before and will say it again.. Stanley opened up the offense a lot when Puckett was a senior and developed a good passing game... Another good passer coming through and it might just open up again....

3up3down

November 18, 2010, 04:37:00 pm #27 Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 04:39:02 pm by 3up3down
DON'T THINK SO!

About Kevin P. he threw it more than any other QB under Stanley, but got into conference play and went to the ole tar heels 4 corner offense

Should have used #6 to throw a swing pass to #9 and watch him go

InYoGrill

3u3d you got a job son? lol! You beat me to PB's response. Obviously PB runs a company or works for the state. OH, wait he does work for the state.

Puckett had the size and ability of a very good high school throwing qb. We won't ever pass under the current regime. We had our chances with #3 top gun qb and talent that could run routes and catch. Ain't happening anytime soon. Run Forrest Run!!!!!

DeepCoverage

DK could run, as well as anyone I have seen and could throw it 65 yards, but asking him to make the touch passes over the middle and 15 yard flares just was not going to happen. I hope everyone understands I know he was our offense this year he kept us in games by doing incredible things. I think he looked and smelled run as soon as he touched the ball and that is good for the offense we were running. Vilonia has nobody in the stable to run like that.

3up3down

I only remember us trying those passes a few times

DC you are correct he can sure run

3up3down

IYG, yes I have the greatest job in the world!  I'm a proud Father of 2 boys that have been raised to be men and understand who to follow and who not to, and when they are  having smoke blown up their rear by certain people

3up3down

It is now baseball season

Gotta go to the cages its batting practice time

InYoGrill

I looked at the roster the other night and counted 24 seniors, 15 juniors and about 20 sophs I believe. I think I counted about 8 jr's that played a lot this year and 1 soph that I know of. It may be a long off season. The 9th grade went winless. Good JR High coaches but the kids just couldn't get it done plus the same system like the high school. I coached some of these 9th graders back in 5th grade and even then I knew it would be hard to win with that group. Some years you got great ones and some years you don't.

TTofGreenwood

Look on the bright side V fans, at least y'all have beaten us before........

InYoGrill

Quote from: TTofgreenwood on November 18, 2010, 05:18:00 pm
Look on the bright side V fans, at least y'all have beaten us before........

I don't like the label "1 hit wonders."

Coach D

Every year Vilonia has kids come out and play their senior year so they will have around 5 more show up and see time

InYoGrill

Quote from: Defender on November 18, 2010, 05:16:41 pm
Vilonia I think the Double wing is a great offense.  In its end goal the running game is not that much different than other offenses.  Trying to get two individuals to the point of attack to block.  Sometimes the double wing gets three individuals to the point of attack.  From what I have seen out of Vilonia the past few years is turnovers have made them beat themselves only saw them once this season. Also I will agree no matter what offense you run you have to be able to run and throw some. You can throw out of the double wing I've seen it effectively done.

You are right the double wing can be used very effectively with the pass. You can easily slip ends out for short passes all night long. Makes the D think a little then and not just attack at certain spots like programmed robots. I remember playing Alma last year and I kid you not they had all 11 within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage most of the game. Needless to say we got stomped badly.

3up3down

The board has been quite since us Vilonia fans were on here, we talked way to much trash(ME)

The best 4 in 5A made it to the final 4

Good luck to all the teams

The_Pioneer

Quote from: InYoGrill on November 18, 2010, 05:53:13 pm
Quote from: Defender on November 18, 2010, 05:16:41 pm
Vilonia I think the Double wing is a great offense.  In its end goal the running game is not that much different than other offenses.  Trying to get two individuals to the point of attack to block.  Sometimes the double wing gets three individuals to the point of attack.  From what I have seen out of Vilonia the past few years is turnovers have made them beat themselves only saw them once this season. Also I will agree no matter what offense you run you have to be able to run and throw some. You can throw out of the double wing I've seen it effectively done.

You are right the double wing can be used very effectively with the pass. You can easily slip ends out for short passes all night long. Makes the D think a little then and not just attack at certain spots like programmed robots. I remember playing Alma last year and I kid you not they had all 11 within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage most of the game. Needless to say we got stomped badly.

In modern offenses, the "ends" are called wide receivers.

3up3down

It is just a trap!  I refuse to go there!  I will not be lured in to that depression again!

What the heck!

Vilonia Offense S U K S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One more time did me well, thanks Pioneer and good luck

InYoGrill

Quote from: 3up3down on November 23, 2010, 03:15:32 pm
It is just a trap!  I refuse to go there!  I will not be lured in to that depression again!

What the heck!

Vilonia Offense S U K S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One more time did me well, thanks Pioneer and good luck

Haha... 3U3D tell us how you really feel!

3up3down

IYG, it has been fun watching these kids play and being on all the different threads.

In all reality, Vilonia will never win a State Championship with the lack of leadership and motivation we have now, we could not do it this year with the talent we had. I have heard excuses after excuses that we did not have the personnel to run a different offense, I say they are full of it, we had kids that could run a different offense they just never received the opportunity to show people

Fans have to be with the program, and we are not, especially me, and I want be. I will always pull for the kids like I do in every sport they play, it is not the kids fault that some people give up on them when they should be pumping them up at all times. I also feel if it is not working then change it.

3up3down

Now I am for sure done.

Again good luck to the final 4

Lifer

Its never the kids fault. We always blame anybody and everybody. But never put any blame on the players. Maybe we just did not have what it took to get the job done. Maybe we should have done this or maybe we should have done that. Bottom line we did what we always do finish 4th just like I thought we would and got beat in the 1st round by a better team. I have heard some of you say " this is the most talented team Vilonia has ever had" Maybe so. I personally think they were good but lacked that leader on the field that has the respect of everyone on that team. GW has that guy. GB has that guy. All really good teams have that guy and Vilonia did not. That is the problem. Coach Stanley has been there and will be there again...

3up3down

It also takes a leader to find a leader.

Great post Lifer, but I don't think he will ever do it in 5A

DeepCoverage

Lifer and 3Up3Down

You both are correct on your issues about our football system. What we seem to forget is the same sorry system is being ran from the 7th grade on. Lifer, 3u3d is correct he will not win a title in Vilonia or 5A. I just think it is old and boring football, if you do not get the lead you are hoping for that big play to help you score quick and go to defense. The offense becomes the defense if Vilonia gets a lead.  I want to watch a football game even if it is 7-0, i would like something that is not so predictable. I just don't see 4th and 4 double hand off working anymore. I am just a fan of the kids but I can call the play 70% of the time that he is going to call. I have been watching this since 03, both my kids went through the system and they laugh when they are at a game because they know what the play will be even if it did not work the 2 previous plays

This is a great town that has a wonderful fan base, they deserve better. I would like anyone from Vilonia that knows a kid playing football and ask if he likes this system. I bet I know the answer 

We have a great offensive coordinator, but he does not get to call the plays unless it is 3rd and long or the "oh help look comes on", let him call the plays that is why we hired him, for his knowledge of offense

SingleWingGuru

Quote from: RD™ on November 17, 2010, 08:34:52 pm
When Vilonia abandons that archaic offense, they will be a force.

False.

This "archaic offense" has been the only thing that has kept them consistent of recent.

DeepCoverage

DeepCoverage

If we are consistent, then this kind of consistency stinks

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas