• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Joe T Robinson @ Fountain Lake 7-4A opener

Started by RyanLR, September 15, 2017, 10:57:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RyanLR

Fountain Lake squeaked by Smackover 29-28 to come in 2-1. Robinson breezed over Baptist Prep 65-0. Fountain Lake is much improved. I think the Senators roll by 21.

FBfan79

FL's defense and Oline need to step up if they want to have a chance at this one IMO. 

RyanLR

FBfan79

Quote from: RyanLR on September 16, 2017, 12:33:19 am
Yeah that was the very first play of the game. It was pretty ridiculous.

Perfect timing though

FBfan79

September 17, 2017, 02:02:29 pm #5 Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 02:32:24 pm by FBfan79
Anywhere to watch this years Senator games online?

Sigmund Sauer

RyanLR

Quote from: FBfan79 on September 17, 2017, 02:02:29 pm
Anywhere to watch this years Senator games online?
Na they don't live stream that I know of.

Nacho

This may  be just sour grapes, but why have I only heard bad things about JoeT's Coaches?

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Nacho on September 18, 2017, 12:01:29 pm
This may  be just sour grapes, but why have I only heard bad things about JoeT's Coaches?

Because IMO, they consistently do less with more.

Nacho

Thanks for the reply, yeah they usually do have some big talent.

SamWinters

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on September 18, 2017, 12:09:08 pm
Because IMO, they consistently do less with more.
Sugartits probably had a kid that didn't get to play, or he didn't so he's holding a grudge.

Nacho

Quote from: SamWinters on September 18, 2017, 12:39:47 pm
Sugartits probably had a kid that didn't get to play, or he didn't so he's holding a grudge.

Hey Coach, how are you??  ::)

OLDSCHOOL82

They have consistenly done less with more for years and years. Not just recently.

SUGARTOWN

September 18, 2017, 12:53:19 pm #15 Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 12:55:00 pm by SUGARTOWN

Nope, my son is 8 months old and I lived in Stuttgart until 3 years ago. I do live in their school district now however. I have seen several of their games in recent years and I know a few coaches that agree with me.

I can name several coaches who could've easily won 4A with that team they had last year. No grudge being held, I just call it like I see it. You don't have to agree, it doesn't bother me.

Mr. Mercer

While I agree they should of won a state title last year and went deeper two years ago. Couldn't the same be said about the HC at Stuttgart? He had the talent back to back years at Dardanelle. Not throwing stones at all. Think Coach Price has done a good job. Just not easy to win a state title.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: Mr. Mercer on September 18, 2017, 01:12:09 pm
While I agree they should of won a state title last year and went deeper two years ago. Couldn't the same be said about the HC at Stuttgart? He had the talent back to back years at Dardanelle. Not throwing stones at all. Think Coach Price has done a good job. Just not easy to win a state title.

Could say roughly the same about many.  Dardy can definitely be thrown in that category.  But, Joe T has wasted talent for years.  And im not meaning just the previous few.  Many, many years off and on.

SUGARTOWN

Not so sure about back to back years, but 2014 for sure. And I think he would've have won it if not for a roughing the kicker penalty against Warren, they would've easily beaten Mena. But that's life. And there was no where near the talent on that team like the Senators have had recently. As you know, the Lizards best player that year transferred from...Robinson.

RyanLR

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on September 18, 2017, 01:20:19 pm
Could say roughly the same about many.  Dardy can definitely be thrown in that category.  But, Joe T has wasted talent for years.  And im not meaning just the previous few.  Many, many years off and on.
There's not much evidence that this is true. Sometimes you have to get lucky. My team in 2002 probably should have won State. Had Gary Anderson Jr, Michael Tinsley (2008 Olympic Silver Medalist Hurdles), Nate Garner(9 year NFL O Lineman) and a bunch of other studs. But we played like crap in the Semis against Stuttgart and got beat. Had very little to do with the coaching and way more to do with 15,16,17-year olds making mistakes. The 2010 team with Evian Hill had all the speedsters but not enough linemen. Last year they played AT Warren (for the first time ever) at a huge tradition school and got beat, not because of coaching but because Warren was better.

I've heard that knock against Todd Eskola and it kinda ticks me off, because he's a great guy. He was my Jr High coach and I played for his dad Jim Eskola just before he retired and that whole family is just old school class act people.

-Mark-

This game will be featured on 92.9 KVRE FM out of Hot Springs Village (covers the Robinson listening area as well) and online at KVRE.com.

Good luck to both teams!

Gray lizard

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on September 18, 2017, 01:24:54 pm
Not so sure about back to back years, but 2014 for sure. And I think he would've have won it if not for a roughing the kicker penalty against Warren, they would've easily beaten Mena. But that's life. And there was no where near the talent on that team like the Senators have had recently. As you know, the Lizards best player that year transferred from...Robinson.

That 2014 Robinson team was loaded with talent.  Even though that may be the most talent Dardanelle has ever had or will ever have.  Robinson had more sure athletes.  For that matter Hamburg that year had about the most athletic team I have ever seen and size to go with it.

Mr. Mercer

2014 didn't have the talent 2015 and 2016 had. This years gropu is pretty talented as well. Big Junior class gives them a chance to probably be better next year

soccerman

September 19, 2017, 12:12:29 pm #23 Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 02:24:47 pm by soccerman
Heard Robinson has around 25 juniors

Robinson rolls by 28

Lions84

That Jet Sweep was SICK and Cobra Kia will get run over by 14 points this week.

jbtiger73

Was at that game last week. My nieces attend Robinson. And honestly, I don't even know why that game was scheduled. The really could have put up 90 if they really wanted to. Baptist Prep had only 17 players dressed for the game. Granted, they did look the part, but 17 players in 4A ball ain't gonna cut it. Now the Robinson coaches did come off as the over enthusiastic, chest bumping type of coaches. But just like with the Oakland raider's Marshawn Lynch, dancing during the 4th quarter of their blowout of the Jets, the best way to prevent that, is to hit them in the mouth on the field. And stop them from scoring. But simply put, BP just didn't have nowhere near the horses that Robinson had. But Arkadelphia and Nashville come to town in consecutive weeks. So definitely waiting on that one. I will be at both of those

Look A Here

Sounds like you threw a pretty big stone there,  Robinson has been talked about at length for three years about their talent level, and the sudden influx of talent they've acquired,
Quote from: Mr. Mercer on September 19, 2017, 12:10:06 pm
2014 didn't have the talent 2015 and 2016 had. This years gropu is pretty talented as well. Big Junior class gives them a chance to probably be better next year
How many of those juniors were at Robinson last year? Just curious, asking for a friend.. :o

maroonwolf

For what it's worth: The combined record of Robinson's first three opponents is 0-9.

Probably doesn't shed any light on tonight's outcome but they have yet to be tested.

RyanLR

Be interesting to see if Nathan Page gets to play tonight. He was held out week 2 because of the ejection in week 1 against Lakeside, and he didn't play last week for "disciplinary reasons".

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: RyanLR on September 22, 2017, 10:03:34 am
Be interesting to see if Nathan Page gets to play tonight. He was held out week 2 because of the ejection in week 1 against Lakeside, and he didn't play last week for "disciplinary reasons".

Wow. 

AirWarren

Yeah. This kid is apparently something else.....

FBfan79

I was going to post this question today actually.

Oldbadger

Don't know the kid, but sounds like he may need to miss another  game or two.  Two weeks in a row of problems!  Takes a while for some kids to learn their lesson.

-Mark-

I guess the rumor is going around.. I hear that he's out for tonight, but my sources aren't always the strongest.

Nacho

This is a real question because I don't know how this works...how is Robinson's "strength" on MaxPreps a negative number?

STUNNA

September 22, 2017, 02:58:30 pm #35 Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 03:03:01 pm by STUNNA
Quote from: Nacho on September 22, 2017, 02:48:42 pm
This is a real question because I don't know how this works...how is Robinson's "strength" on MaxPreps a negative number?

Because they have played nothing but horrible teams lol

Nacho

I know...Baptist Prep literally haven't scored this year. I'm wondering how the math works to get a negative number.

RyanLR

RyanLR

Robinson-6

Fountain Lake-0

Ceazar Warren 39 yard run

2 point conversion no good

RyanLR

After a 51 yard completion from Greyson Tackett:

Robinson-13

Fountain Lake-0

Zaytron Waits 1 yard plunge

7:26 1st quarter

Maynard G Krebs

RyanLR

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on September 22, 2017, 07:16:18 pm
Is page playing?
They haven't mentioned it yet I'm listening on the radio, couldn't make it to this one.

RyanLR

Robinson-20

Fountain Lake-0

Noah Taylor 37 yard reception from Greyson Tackett

5:49 1st Quarter

RyanLR

RyanLR

End of the 1st quarter but Robinson is dominating so far. Only 2 first downs for Fountain Lake. Robinson was threatening to score again for a fourth straight possession but Tackett threw a pick in the endzone trying to find Nathan Page.

RyanLR

Robinson-27

Fountain Lake-0

Ceazar Warren 3 yard plunge

8:51 2nd Quarter

RyanLR

Robinson-35

Fountain Lake-0

Zaytron Waits 3 yard run

4:24 2nd Quarter

Zaytron keeps for 2

RyanLR

Robinson-35

Fountain Lake-0

HALFTIME

Mercy Rule in effect to start the second half.

RyanLR

September 22, 2017, 08:45:06 pm #48 Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 11:23:08 pm by RyanLR
Robinson-42

Fountain Lake-0

Tyler Jones 56 yard run first play from scrimmage

9:24 3rd Quarter

RyanLR

Robinson-42

Fountain Lake-7

Perrion Johnson 90 yard kickoff return after a lateral

7:40 3rd Quarter

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas