• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Girls preseason top 10

Started by Moonshiner, August 19, 2017, 09:07:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigleague

How many summer camps did guy go too. 

ballmember

Guy busy bringing them in during the summer.   

HorseFeathers

Quote from: ballmember on August 30, 2017, 03:48:02 pm
Guy busy bringing them in during the summer.   

More like open tryouts than summer camp

Bigleague

Easy HF.   Be careful.  Because I haven't ever seen them at a summer camp.    Championship

Moonshiner

I do know they were scheduled to go to some this summer.  Assuming they go every year.

SackAttack

Quote from: Bigleague on August 30, 2017, 05:10:38 pm
Easy HF.   Be careful.  Because I haven't ever seen them at a summer camp.    Championship
I rode over to Guy one evening last summer with ErnestT and Backboard. Boys had a pickup game going y'all might have heard this story before but maybe not. Strangest game we three had ever seen. Assume girls play the same way where all don't run down the floor together with one usually taking a break! Don't need no camps when practicing like that. Hutch wasn't even there!! We talked about it all the way home!

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: Bigleague on August 30, 2017, 12:47:14 pm
How many summer camps did guy go too.

Summer camps good for one thing...getting hopes up of parents of the kids who are terrible.
Had a dad tell me, Oh my daughter scored 8 points with2 3 pointers the other day against St Joe at a camp in Deer. With all due respect, your daughter couldn't safely carry a book to class down the hallway without dropping it or her lunch tray through the line without spilling it on the science teacher, so how you think she can contribute come late February??
I mean seriously though, great opportunity for the kids who can't walk and chew gum to get a bucket or two against the other kids who can't walk and chew gum and also haven't touched a ball in 3 months.
Anyone who gives a second thought to a summer camp result ain't worth their weight in ice bath water.
I don't know a reputable coach within 83 miles worried about a summer camp result.
I'd bet 83 fun noodles that come late February, you won't remember who beat who in July in summer camp. Un-freaking-believable.

no mascot

Heaven forbid a kid might develop a little confidence and enthusiasm for the game! We wouldn't want that now would we?!?

Moonshiner

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on September 04, 2017, 11:01:49 pm
Summer camps good for one thing...getting hopes up of parents of the kids who are terrible.
Had a dad tell me, Oh my daughter scored 8 points with2 3 pointers the other day against St Joe at a camp in Deer. With all due respect, your daughter couldn't safely carry a book to class down the hallway without dropping it or her lunch tray through the line without spilling it on the science teacher, so how you think she can contribute come late February??
I mean seriously though, great opportunity for the kids who can't walk and chew gum to get a bucket or two against the other kids who can't walk and chew gum and also haven't touched a ball in 3 months.
Anyone who gives a second thought to a summer camp result ain't worth their weight in ice bath water.
I don't know a reputable coach within 83 miles worried about a summer camp result.
I'd bet 83 fun noodles that come late February, you won't remember who beat who in July in summer camp. Un-freaking-believable.

I agree, in part, but there must some advantage to them.  They sure have gained in popularity.  So much so that the AAA has gotten involved and will only be allowing teams to have 8 days per summer to go to them.  But you can't tell me that if Rosebud is playing Pangburn over the summer that they both aren't trying to win.  Nobody's in shape, nobody is running their stuff correctly, and often times key players are missing.  But if you think coaches don't use summer camps to gauge their teams then you need to broaden your circle and find some new friends. If they didn't think they were beneficial then they wouldn't go to them.

JimmyChitwood

September 05, 2017, 01:34:04 pm #59 Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 01:38:14 pm by JimmyChitwood
As much as I hate to say it, for once I have to agree with eagle woman. You have a point big bald eagle that they aren't bringing their best at you in summer camps. I think coaches should work more on fundamentals in the summer and bring in a bunch of old players to scrimmage the team and beat up on them a little so that they improve. But fundamentals are rapidly dissapearing. You never caught Coach Norman Dale teaching anything other than the fundamentals and defense. Go Hickory!

ballmember

Summer camps are good for something.  Lets you know the schools that are interested in basketball.  Some schedule to go to camps and then only a few kids show up.    Either commit and go with the majority of your kids or don't commit.    Everyone knows which school/schools does this. 

LaFlamaBlanca55

Summer camps dont really mean jack crap, especially because alot of coaches dont get the most out of it. Which lets get back on this thread topic, MAMMOTH SPRING girls move in the defending state MVP from bay and will steam roll to the 1A title

Majorpain

Mammoth will be a contender. They are also playing at Memphis before a Grizzlies game. Pretty awesome to get to play in something like that .

Backboard Shattered

no mascot

SackAttack

Quote from: Majorpain on September 18, 2017, 06:00:49 pm
Mammoth will be a contender. They are also playing at Memphis before a Grizzlies game. Pretty awesome to get to play in something like that .
And this makes them a contender how??

HorseFeathers

Quote from: SackAttack on September 18, 2017, 08:08:04 pm
And this makes them a contender how??

Playing in empty NBA arenas lends talent ?

Majorpain

September 18, 2017, 08:16:32 pm #67 Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 08:18:46 pm by Majorpain
That doesn't sackattack you seem so intelligent on here most the time I figured you could figure that out yourself. They will be a contender I am well aware of the athletes on that team . If you think otherwise your not paying very much attention to the talent moving up for them. Mammoth isn't even my team and I know that.  Mammoth will be one of the main contenders . Yes out of that whole statement that's what I said them playing in an arena makes them one. Get a clue 🙄 take something and run with it . I was saying that'd be awesome as a high school student  to experience .

SackAttack

Quote from: Majorpain on September 18, 2017, 08:16:32 pm
That doesn't sackattack you seem so intelligent on here most the time I figured you could figure that out yourself. They will be a contender I am well aware of the athletes on that team . If you think otherwise your not paying very much attention to the talent moving up for them. Mammoth isn't even my team and I know that.  Mammoth will be one of the main contenders . Yes out of that whole statement that's what I said them playing in an arena makes them one. Get a clue 🙄 take something and run with it . I was saying that'd be awesome as a high school student  to experience .
I agree with that last statement. I do pay attention! Playing in that arena does not by itself make them a contender. I know nothing about Mammoth Spring! I was merely asking a question and reading your post didn't answer it

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: no mascot on September 18, 2017, 06:49:40 pm
Who will they be playing?

Lady Grizzlies B team? I dunno, just a guess I'm throwing out there.

Majorpain

They are playing Buffalo Island Central I'm sure it's something the superintendent (Layne) worked out for them to play before the Grizzlies play a game. Two weeks and we can see how good they are and everyone else.

hillbillyball

September 22, 2017, 05:40:07 pm #71 Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 05:47:14 pm by hillbillyball
Mammoth will be better, but not good enough. Wonderview, MVE, Kirby, Norfork, Jasper, Acorn are all going to be better, that's just a few, they'll be middle of pack.

no mascot

What girls teams would win the 2a state title this year?

thebigman3

Quote from: no mascot on September 22, 2017, 06:01:15 pm
What girls teams would win the 2a state title this year?
are you talking about out of 1a? alike what 1a girls team would win 2a state?

no mascot

thebigman3

Quote from: no mascot on September 23, 2017, 07:53:40 am
Yes.
I mean WV, Norfork, MVE, are the for sure ones I know. I hear Timbo girls are good? Don't know much abt that. Nemo lost all of their girls. I'm pretty sure Bay did too. depending on what sides of the bracket it is. I think WV and Norfork are in the Finals this year. Too early to tell though... there will be other teams surprise you.

thebigman3

I was also amazed at how last year Hector got into the finals. I watched them play Guy Perkins girls and Guy almost beat them.. and Guy wasn't great by no means. they didn't even make the state in girls. And Hector made it to the finals? Maybe it'll be better this year..idk, but highly doubt it.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: thebigman3 on September 23, 2017, 11:47:24 pm
I was also amazed at how last year Hector got into the finals. I watched them play Guy Perkins girls and Guy almost beat them.. and Guy wasn't great by no means. they didn't even make the state in girls. And Hector made it to the finals? Maybe it'll be better this year..idk, but highly doubt it.

Top 3 or 4 girls teams in 2a ended up on same side of the bracket.

thebigman3

Quote from: HorseFeathers on September 24, 2017, 11:20:01 am
Top 3 or 4 girls teams in 2a ended up on same side of the bracket.
Were they on Quitman side? Bc from watching what I got of Hector they weren't very good. Many of the girls in 1a could've taken them out... easy.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: thebigman3 on September 24, 2017, 09:28:12 pm
Were they on Quitman side? Bc from watching what I got of Hector they weren't very good. Many of the girls in 1a could've taken them out... easy.

Yeah....Carlisle, Earle and Quitman

thebigman3

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas