• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Currently, What Is Your Favorite Song?

Started by AllSmiles, January 31, 2008, 02:33:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Throwback1

Never heard of any of 'em...Don't guess Merle Haggard was there, huh?  (Kinda lost any street cred I might have gained with the previous Chamillionaire reference, huh?)

The Reality is back...

Quote from: Throwback1 on March 19, 2008, 10:09:19 am
lol...oh, darn!

as far as bringing your goofy butt up in  PM's, lying isn't pretty...show 'em...believe me you aren't near that important, just a goof it's fun to toy with a little....

Oh, ok, well, as long as your not going Single White Female on me.

Rizzo

Quote from: Throwback1 on March 19, 2008, 02:23:42 pm
Never heard of any of 'em...Don't guess Merle Haggard was there, huh?  (Kinda lost any street cred I might have gained with the previous Chamillionaire reference, huh?)
Haha, no Merle wasn't there.

AllSmiles

WBF †

Quote from: Throwback1 on March 19, 2008, 02:23:42 pm
I'd love to hear ol' Merle rap.

Quite Frankly

My favorite uncle played that "rolling down hill like a snowball headed for heck" far to often.

Throwback1

...you really can't get too much Merle. :=)

Quite Frankly

That uncle was the 8-track king!  He had so many and until about 8 years ago managed to keep a working player in his truck until family started buying him the more modern copies and remixes.

I can still see those 8-track suitcases in the floor board of his 73 Chevy.

^

That line sort of sounds like a country song.

Throwback1

brings back memories, also of having to put a matchbook cover under the tape so it would play right....man, I'm old.

Father Guido

I'm right there with, ya, brother.   ...and the labels would be completely gone from most of the 8-tracks and you'd have to write on them with a marker or something.

WBF †

Your prune juice is waiting in the retirement home. :P

Quite Frankly

March 19, 2008, 05:41:19 pm #211 Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 05:43:19 pm by Quite Frankly

Appears to be some Haggard ^

This for my friend TB:

And then there is this thing(Circa Sears 1973)

You're welcome old fogies.

Throwback1

ty..those are some good tapes, right there...I think I had most of 'em..

Father, we're old...just so you know.

Quite Frankly

See that Dukes of Hazzard stars on top of the second stack upside down?

Forgot he 'sang'.

Throwback1

ok...you got me...I didn't have that one.....but in '74 the absolute total must have CD was The Outlaws tape, with Waylon, Willie, Jessie and Tomball Glaser...and I still have it, only in CD form.

Quite Frankly

Tomball Glasser?  I seriously have never heard of that person.

I swear my uncle had 200 8 tracks and they were all country except for some reason he had a stray Who track.

We looked at them all at C-Mas a few years ago(stored at Granny's) and I was never more surprised to see so many.  He was such a Grinch with money it was surprising to see he had so many.

Throwback1

priorities!

Tomball's biggest contribution was a song called "Put Another Log On The Fire", which was sorta a tongue in cheek song where he's telling his wife to do all these chores, including putting another log on the fire, then he says something like, "..then come and tell me why your leaving me"...you've probably heard it...no doubt one of your favorites....lol

Throwback1

Quite Frankly

Yep.  It's official.  Throwback has been to the Grand Ole Opry.

I've never heard that in my life.

Throwback1

Quote from: Quite Frankly on March 19, 2008, 07:35:17 pm

lol....

Father Guido

Quote from: Throwback1 on March 19, 2008, 06:53:43 pm
ok...you got me...I didn't have that one.....but in '74 the absolute total must have CD was The Outlaws tape, with Waylon, Willie, Jessie and Tomball Glaser...and I still have it, only in CD form.

Wasn't David Allen Coe on that, too?

...and OBTW, the fact that I'm old, is nothing new.

Throwback1

nosir, no DAC on that one...

good point.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Throwback1 on March 19, 2008, 07:48:58 pm

lol....

Wow...some people live a sheltered life, but then my dad listens to a lot of that "stuff". And I liked a lot of it, so I still listen to a lot of it. I love 107.3 out of Fort Smith. Classic Country, beats the crap out of what they call country music today. IMO.

The Reality is back...

lol....

I've been to the Opre twice. Good times.

TB1, putting all arguing aside, are you aware that someone uploaded a bunch of episodes of the "Johnny Cash Show" on youtube?

I don't think you can realize how much I love that clip.

or this one.

Quite Frankly

If you follow along, I do like country but that one song dates me.

Probably half my kin have been to the GOO.

No way I slam Country Music.  It's to backbone American.

Wampus_Cat

Quote from: HF on March 20, 2008, 01:02:25 am

lol....

Wow...some people live a sheltered life, but then my dad listens to a lot of that "stuff". And I liked a lot of it, so I still listen to a lot of it. I love 107.3 out of Fort Smith. Classic Country, beats the crap out of what they call country music today. IMO.
Agreed.

That's why I listen to alot of Texas/Red Dirt/Indie Country...it's taking it back, in my opinion.

Bands/singers like The Randy Rogers Band, Kevin Fowler, Lucero, William Elliott Whitmore, Cory Morrow, Corey Brannan, old Pat Green, Aaron Watson, Emory Quinn (my new favorite), Cross Canadian Ragweed, Drive By Truckers, Roger Creager, Robert Earl Keen, Danny Barnes, etc, etc, etc.

Tons of guys like this and all excellent new country.

Throwback1

I didn't really become a big country music fan until about '72, or whatever year Charlie Rich's "Behind Closed Doors" album came out, then "The Outlaws", about '75 I think, just pushed me over the top, (I was 21 in '75).  One last thing, I wouldn't walk across the street to see a free 4 hour concert by Kenny Chesney and Garth Brooks...just saying.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Throwback1 on March 20, 2008, 10:36:27 am
I didn't really become a big country music fan until about '72, or whatever year Charlie Rich's "Behind Closed Doors" album came out, then "The Outlaws", about '75 I think, just pushed me over the top, (I was 21 in '75).  One last thing, I wouldn't walk across the street to see a free 4 hour concert by Kenny Chesney and Garth Brooks...just saying.

I would probably go see Garth in concert. I like a lot of his songs. Now I hate Kenny Chesney. He maybe has 2 or 3 good songs, and that's probably stretching it IMO.

Throwback1

I like a couple of Garth's songs I guess, it's just him.  Everytime I see him being interviewed I can't help thinking to myself, "that sob is as phony as a two dollar bill."....

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Throwback1 on March 20, 2008, 10:44:27 am
I like a couple of Garth's songs I guess, it's just him.  Everytime I see him being interviewed I can't help thinking to myself, "that sob is as phony as a two dollar bill."....

I don't watch interviews, or pay attention to what they say..Just listen to the music. But I did stop listening to his music for a while after the Chris Gaines bit.

Quite Frankly

March 20, 2008, 03:10:02 pm #231 Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 03:15:29 pm by Quite Frankly
I would for sure cross the street to see/hear Garth Brooks.

That would make the 4th time too.

Throwback1

My wife likes him, too, and apparently according to sales, I'm pretty much in a minority here...just never understood it...age, most likely.

Wahls

How on earth can you slam Garth Brooks, and say you like country music?

Father Guido

Quote from: Throwback1 on March 20, 2008, 10:44:27 am

Once again I find myself agreeing with you 100%, my friend.

That's kinda scarey.

Throwback1

dc24

I'll Be Waiting - Lenny Kravitz

Say - John Mayer

Hollywood's Not America - Ferras

The Reality is back...

Quote from: DQ's Comin' on March 20, 2008, 08:06:02 pm

I can't help but like Garth. When I was just getting to where I could retain and listen to music, he was all that played, you know?

Father Guido

Quote from: Robert Arctor on March 21, 2008, 04:28:05 am

I can't help but like Garth. When I was just getting to where I could retain and listen to music, he was all that played, you know?

Maybe that's what's wrong with America today.  A whole danged generation grew up with nothing but Garth Brooks filling the air.  LOL

Throwback1

Quote from: DQ's Comin' on March 20, 2008, 08:06:02 pm

...cause I get to have opinions...its an American thing..and I promise you I'm not alone on Garth, a minority maybe, a minority over 40, possibly, a minority over 50, doubtful...

Throwback1

Quote from: Father Guido on March 21, 2008, 08:22:28 am

Maybe that's what's wrong with America today.  A whole danged generation grew up with nothing but Garth Brooks filling the air.  LOL
VIOLA!  I think you've hit it!  That's why they're all crazy!!!  ;=)

Wahls

I went home last night, and the folks that live by me were sitting outside listening to a Garth song.

The Reality is back...

Quote from: Throwback1 on March 21, 2008, 11:02:10 am

IT'S MIDNIGHT CINDERELLA, BUT DON'T YOU WORRY NONE! CAUSE I'M PETER PETER THE PUMPKIN EATER AND THE PARTY HAS JUST BEGUN!

Wahls

Quote from: Robert Arctor on March 21, 2008, 02:42:11 pm
Quote from: Throwback1 on March 21, 2008, 11:02:10 am

IT'S MIDNIGHT CINDERELLA, BUT DON'T YOU WORRY NONE! CAUSE I'M PETER PETER THE PUMPKIN EATER AND THE PARTY HAS JUST BEGUN!

You totally have a point.

I still like Garth though.

Throwback1

Rizzo

AllSmiles

RD™

Quite Frankly

AllSmiles

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas