• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bay Yellow Jackets Back to Back State Champions!

Started by WhatsUrRingSize, March 12, 2016, 07:59:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

WhatsUrRingSize

March 12, 2016, 07:59:45 am Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 08:01:18 am by WhatsUrRingSize
To whom it may concern and all BAY Haters:  WE'RE BACK!!!! (That's Back to Back)  The Dynasty continues! Back to Back and 4 out of 6!  I would just like to congratulate Coach Brad Brannen, his staff, and all of the team on another great season!  This proves a tough schedule prepares you for post season!  BAY NATION is proud of that 37-7 record, and bringing home the hardware!   Starts over in October, and for anyone doubting the Yellow Jackets, be prepared, we are going for a "3-peat"!!!
We would like to congratulate our friends from Nemo - Vista on their 3-peat.  Bay and Nemo are at the top of Class A basketball!

WhatsUrRingSize

I'd like to congratulate Tournament MVP, Taylor Layne!  Senior, Tyler Prichett had a great Championship game.  I want to congratulate all of the seniors: Tyler Prichett, Johnathan Crain, and Matthew Willard, it's been a great ride, 3 out of 4 State Championships! 

John M.

I talked to some Emerson fans last night and some Guy-Perkins fans last week and both agreed that they should have played a more difficult schedule. You won't go undefeated scheduling a lot of bigger schools but you find out your teams weaknesses and see how you respond in close games. I'd rather have 7 losses and be State Champs then have 1 loss and be runner up.

BoxNOne

No doubt that tough schedule Bay plays here in NEA paid some dividends last night. Lots of tight games and even a few losses along the way prepared them for these last two wins. Congrats to Bay!!

bscinar

It's been a great run for this group of seniors. Being a fan over the last few years, we have certainly gotten to watch some exciting basketball. Congrats to all the players - you guys truly were a team this year. Great job to the coaches,you had the boys ready to play their best basketball at the right time of year.

Batman44

Great win for Bay!! Now, if my other favorite team for this year, Cedar Ridge, can win, it will have been a very good year, for me.

Catfish

Quote from: WhatsUrRingSize on March 12, 2016, 07:59:45 am
To whom it may concern and all BAY Haters:  WE'RE BACK!!!! (That's Back to Back)  The Dynasty continues! Back to Back and 4 out of 6!  I would just like to congratulate Coach Brad Brannen, his staff, and all of the team on another great season!  This proves a tough schedule prepares you for post season!  BAY NATION is proud of that 37-7 record, and bringing home the hardware!   Starts over in October, and for anyone doubting the Yellow Jackets, be prepared, we are going for a "3-peat"!!!
We would like to congratulate our friends from Nemo - Vista on their 3-peat.  Bay and Nemo are at the top of Class A basketball!

Lol

bscinar

Quote from: Catfish on March 12, 2016, 09:27:57 am
Lol

Well catfish, hate to break it to you but Bay came out on top again. Nobody gave this TEAM a chance but beating the two undefeated teams back to back just proves the Dynasty continues.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: bscinar on March 13, 2016, 12:43:12 am
Well catfish, hate to break it to you but Bay came out on top again. Nobody gave this TEAM a chance but beating the two undefeated teams back to back just proves the Dynasty continues.

Nobody gave bay a chance? What are you talking about?

bscinar

Quote from: HF on March 13, 2016, 12:45:19 am
Nobody gave bay a chance? What are you talking about?

Ranked #3 all year - despite a schedule far and above anyone else in 1A.

Moonshiner

Quote from: bscinar on March 13, 2016, 12:59:31 am

In all fairness....it would've been hard to put Bay ahead of Guy when they had beaten you by 20 and were undefeated. Emerson was also undefeated. You guys got hot and played well at the right time and had the chance to prove it. Which your kids did.  Congratulations.  Well deserved.  Now it's back to chest thumping which we all love about you guys.

Balockay06

HorseFeathers

Being ranked #3 all year = no chance....gotcha

playhard

Quote from: Moonshiner on March 13, 2016, 10:17:16 am
In all fairness....it would've been hard to put Bay ahead of Guy when they had beaten you by 20 and were undefeated. Emerson was also undefeated. You guys got hot and played well at the right time and had the chance to prove it. Which your kids did.  Congratulations.  Well deserved.  Now it's back to chest thumping which we all love about you guys.
+1

John M.

I'm from Bay....and Bay was ranked where they deserved to be ranked entering the state tournament. Almost everybody that posts on here had Bay as a contender...while some favored Guy and some favored Emerson...Bay was in the mix.

Moonshiner

Quote from: John M. on March 13, 2016, 03:01:00 pm
I'm from Bay....and Bay was ranked where they deserved to be ranked entering the state tournament. Almost everybody that posts on here had Bay as a contender...while some favored Guy and some favored Emerson...Bay was in the mix.

+1. I will say that the Bay fans I met this year were some of the nicest folks I came across.  Nothing wrong with being supportive, and proud of your team.  But there are limits I think.

Catfish

Catfish

Bay was suppose to jump over two unbeaten teams HF. Don't you know how it works?!? Hahahahahaha

redwolf99

COngrats to Bay. I got to watch them play 3 times this season; GP 2 times and then Friday against Emerson. Both Bay and Emerson have a great team.  although I have only seen Emerson play two games; Norfork and BAy, I think Bay and Emerson could both compete in higher classification. I do not watch a lot of 1A basketball but I really enjoyed what I saw last week in Brockwell and this past Friday night in Hot Springs.

There were a few things I noticed this past weekend though that caught my attention. Before this game started the announcer kept asking folks to move back and make room for the Emerson students to get in their student section and after this being asked about 3-4 times one of Emerson's students said "the kids in the maroon shirts are Emerson fans" .. am I wrong or were those Kirby fans, because those same maroon shirts stayed where they were when the Kirby/Nemo game started and they cheered for Kirby.
Another thing, when the boys game was over a Bay fan walked over behind the bench and told the girl keeping the book for Emerson how great they played and wished them luck next season and she did the same back, as well as when I went out to get me a drink at HT of the girls game I saw another Bay fan hugging the same girl that kept book for Emerson and they went on to have a mature conversation. I know its been awhile since I was in school and things have changed but I dont ever remember people getting along like this when I played. We sure didn't cheer for one another and we SURE DID NOT talk to each other like friends and wish one another good luck in the future when one of our teams just beat the other... ???   There is nothing wrong with this at all, its actually nice to see this kind of stuff happening with all the other bad stuff in the world I was just really confused with that was happening..  LOL

Moonshiner

How will Bay be next year?  Who all returns?

Oldref

Quote from: redwolf99 on March 14, 2016, 11:39:23 am
COngrats to Bay. I got to watch them play 3 times this season; GP 2 times and then Friday against Emerson. Both Bay and Emerson have a great team.  although I have only seen Emerson play two games; Norfork and BAy, I think Bay and Emerson could both compete in higher classification. I do not watch a lot of 1A basketball but I really enjoyed what I saw last week in Brockwell and this past Friday night in Hot Springs.

There were a few things I noticed this past weekend though that caught my attention. Before this game started the announcer kept asking folks to move back and make room for the Emerson students to get in their student section and after this being asked about 3-4 times one of Emerson's students said "the kids in the maroon shirts are Emerson fans" .. am I wrong or were those Kirby fans, because those same maroon shirts stayed where they were when the Kirby/Nemo game started and they cheered for Kirby.
Another thing, when the boys game was over a Bay fan walked over behind the bench and told the girl keeping the book for Emerson how great they played and wished them luck next season and she did the same back, as well as when I went out to get me a drink at HT of the girls game I saw another Bay fan hugging the same girl that kept book for Emerson and they went on to have a mature conversation. I know its been awhile since I was in school and things have changed but I dont ever remember people getting along like this when I played. We sure didn't cheer for one another and we SURE DID NOT talk to each other like friends and wish one another good luck in the future when one of our teams just beat the other... ???   There is nothing wrong with this at all, its actually nice to see this kind of stuff happening with all the other bad stuff in the world I was just really confused with that was happening..  LOL
Considering Bay and Emerson are 275 miles apart according to my truck several players on each team are good friends. Emerson and Bay both have great basketball programs and they have  mutual respect for each other. I personally have met several people from Emerson and they are a classy bunch. Bay pulled for Emerson and Emerson pulled for Bay to make it back to Hot Springs. Glad they got to play and it was a game that either team could have won. Naturally as a Bay fan I am happy Bay won because that is what we all play for but at the same time felt some pain for Emerson. Congratulations for a hard fought game by both teams. Both teams are class all the way!!!

PuddlePirate12

Kirby and Emerson cheered for eachother all of regionals and all through state. They play 2-4 times a year plus AAU so they all know one another. Emerson fans also cheered for Kirby. Both schools really came together this year. Really awesome. And the girl keeping book for Emerson was Coach Nix's wife so she couldn't really give the cold shoulder to anyone even if she wanted lol. Not that she would. Her and Coach Nix are some of the best people I know. No worries though. When Emerson steps on the court with anyone they're going for their throats lol. Only friends off the court or when they aren't playing one another

redwolf99

being in the same region makes it even more rare LOL but great... his wife? my eyes must be bad, she looked really young from my seat. I apologize from my previous post "the woman" keeping book. I remember when I was in school Emerson was a power house but slid off the grid for a little while, glad to see it got back up. I didn't realize till about 2 weeks ago, Emerson competed in the Championship last year as well.

PuddlePirate12

Silky Johnson

Just glad we could win the title in a sort of underdog role. Not that Bay wasn't always a contender but they were the only ones to be able to beat Guy-Perkins and Emerson this season and they did that in back to back games in the semis and state championship game. It's Bay's first back to back state championship so I hope they get enjoy it before the offseason begins in a couple months. Also Guy and Emerson posted impressive records at 39-1 and 35-1, any chance either could run the table in next years regular season?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Silky Johnson on March 14, 2016, 06:03:19 pm
Just glad we could win the title in a sort of underdog role. Not that Bay wasn't always a contender but they were the only ones to be able to beat Guy-Perkins and Emerson this season and they did that in back to back games in the semis and state championship game. It's Bay's first back to back state championship so I hope they get enjoy it before the offseason begins in a couple months. Also Guy and Emerson posted impressive records at 39-1 and 35-1, any chance either could run the table in next years regular season?

Guy maybe, doubtfu for Emerson

PuddlePirate12

Emerson won't run the table. Nevada will be #1 in our district

riccoar

Quote from: Moonshiner on March 14, 2016, 11:44:26 am
How will Bay be next year?  Who all returns?
MaxPreps Roster shows one Senior?  Is that correct?

Oldref

Quote from: riccoar on March 15, 2016, 11:32:36 am
MaxPreps Roster shows one Senior?  Is that correct?
Had two seniors that started and another that came off the bench. They will return 5 of their top eight players.

Thechosen1

Pritchett Crain and Willard are gone. Layne Utley McFadden Smith and Gibson are all back

Thechosen1

If McFadden works on his game like he should this summer he could dominate 1a. He's about 6'6

ISU7

Quote from: Thechosen1 on March 15, 2016, 11:59:22 am
Pritchett Crain and Willard are gone. Layne Utley McFadden Smith and Gibson are all back
Those kids at Bay stay in school for five to six years. lol  ;D Congrats Yellowjackets, way to rep NEA... ;D 8)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas