• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Possible upsets first round?

Started by Blueway, February 29, 2016, 08:14:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Blueway

Just curious on people's thoughts. Think there are a lot of good times that have flown low on the radar this year

PuddlePirate12

I guess any "upset" would have to be a 4 over a 1. Usually 2 and 3s are pretty even in theory. If I was gonna pick one 1 seed to get beat I'd day CL by Bradley but highly unlikely

HorseFeathers

Guy loses first round, just have to play good defense to beat them right?

Catfish

Quote from: HF on February 29, 2016, 08:34:43 pm

Should be the case.

StateChamps09

Hahahahahhahaha guy loses first round. Come on bro. It's not gonna happen... unless hutch forgets how to get to icc, or litterally the entire team doesn't go.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: StateChamps09 on March 01, 2016, 08:57:09 am
Hahahahahhahaha guy loses first round. Come on bro. It's not gonna happen... unless hutch forgets how to get to icc, or litterally the entire team doesn't go.

Sarcasm....catfish knew I was poking at him about something he said last week haha

StateChamps09

Hahahaha ahh ok. Its hard to shut all there scorers down, I've yet to see anyone do it... You stop one of them from getting there 25 a night, and anogher will drop 50... I don't see anyone stoping then, you would need to man up and be able to match there speed, and as much as those kids run.... it's not going to Happen.

PuddlePirate12

How many times has anyone from GP scored 50 this year?

StateChamps09

March 01, 2016, 12:28:11 pm #8 Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 12:30:08 pm by StateChamps09
How many times was it needed is the real question.... if say probably rough guess 10? There point guard will take you by storm and score 50 everynight, but he's more of a team player, as with there foward Josh ballard... on there own seperate mediocre teams theyd go for 45-50 a night, almost every night.

Moonshiner

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: StateChamps09 on March 01, 2016, 12:28:11 pm
How many times was it needed is the real question.... if say probably rough guess 10? There point guard will take you by storm and score 50 everynight, but he's more of a team player, as with there foward Josh ballard... on there own seperate mediocre teams theyd go for 45-50 a night, almost every night.

10 times it was needed? If so why didn't they. Most I've heard was the Ballard boy scoring 44 or something. Which is good but not 50. And two that can score 50? Send the trophy to GP cuz that's 100 points

tacomeat

Quote from: HF on February 29, 2016, 08:34:43 pm
After watching them 1st night at regionals I posted "play good D & beat them", but after seeing them all 3 games if they lose it will be an upset. I have seen teams in 1A or B in the past that were better, but not this year. I realized I was posting hoping they would lose after watching the way the players acted & the way the coach let it go on. There were at least 15 instances were any coach I ever played for would've benched someone for something that they did out there, but that's all on the coach. Kids (some) will do it until they're given a reason to act with sportsmanship by their coach.

riccoar

Quote from: tacomeat on March 01, 2016, 12:57:48 pm
After watching them 1st night at regionals I posted "play good D & beat them", but after seeing them all 3 games if they lose it will be an upset. I have seen teams in 1A or B in the past that were better, but not this year. I realized I was posting hoping they would lose after watching the way the players acted & the way the coach let it go on. There were at least 15 instances were any coach I ever played for would've benched someone for something that they did out there, but that's all on the coach. Kids (some) will do it until they're given a reason to act with sportsmanship by their coach.
Saw the same thing.  No clue why a coach would tolerate a kid acting like a donkey.  That reflects on him and the school.  From what I saw they do not rebound very well at all.  They also missed a lot of shots.  But some positives.  For a team that did not play hardly any depth, they are extremely quick and have to be pretty fit to run that much with that few of guys.  If you get lax on the perimeter they will kill you if left open.

HorseFeathers

Hutchcraft has 9 state titles...and the only time I've seen something unsporting by guy was when one of their players shoved a MVE player to the floor after a foul...he got T'd up and hutchcraft benched him...but I've only seen them 3 times this year so idk...

riccoar

Kid was doing some stupid actions on the floor.  Some might say showboating of sorts.  Not a foul or technical, but not something that reflected well on Guy as a whole.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: riccoar on March 01, 2016, 02:28:32 pm
Kid was doing some stupid actions on the floor.  Some might say showboating of sorts.  Not a foul or technical, but not something that reflected well on Guy as a whole.

I bet your talking about their pg?

Batman44

Probably so. I saw him doing some real showboating the night I watched them. Sure didn't see any of that a few years back.

riccoar

Quote from: HF on March 01, 2016, 03:43:57 pm
I bet your talking about their pg?
Yes, and typically kids that are a step above their comp don't do stuff like that.

HorseFeathers

Meh....seen a kid openly taunting another kid today and got told it's just part of the emotion of the game....it honestly doesn't bother me what he does, but the age gap here is probably then difference

Catfish

Quote from: StateChamps09 on March 01, 2016, 10:13:37 am
Hahahaha ahh ok. Its hard to shut all there scorers down, I've yet to see anyone do it... You stop one of them from getting there 25 a night, and anogher will drop 50... I don't see anyone stoping then, you would need to man up and be able to match there speed, and as much as those kids run.... it's not going to Happen.

Hahahaha dude.. Come on now. You're insane

Catfish

Quote from: HF on March 01, 2016, 09:02:38 am
Sarcasm....catfish knew I was poking at him about something he said last week haha

Yes I definitely knew that was directed towards me haha

ErnestTBass

Quote from: HF on March 01, 2016, 02:21:27 pm
Hutchcraft has 9 state titles...and the only time I've seen something unsporting by guy was when one of their players shoved a MVE player to the floor after a foul...he got T'd up and hutchcraft benched him...but I've only seen them 3 times this year so idk...
Kid should have been ejected then. No place for any of that. As for those 9 titles we in that area know how he got them. 1 might be legit but that's all been discussed before. If everybody else is okay with all these actions and on court disrespect then so be it.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: ErnestTBass on March 01, 2016, 06:41:37 pm
Kid should have been ejected then. No place for any of that. As for those 9 titles we in that area know how he got them. 1 might be legit but that's all been discussed before. If everybody else is okay with all these actions and on court disrespect then so be it.

I know the secret to how he got them, and some of you should loosen up, watch what these kids are seeing at the college/professional level of sports

ErnestTBass

And that is your sense of reasoning?? College and pros do it so that makes it ok for an average Class A kid to do it? Are you kidding me?? I say high school coaches and admin should be part of the solution to this win at all costs attitude! I think I see and let me get this right if I win I can cheat and let my kids misbehave and taunt and be poor sports. I will pass that on to my kids youth coaches

HorseFeathers

March 01, 2016, 06:53:25 pm #24 Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 06:56:37 pm by HF
Don't be mad at hutch, be mad at the aaa for not busting them.

ErnestTBass

Not mad about any of it. I'm saying your logic isn't right that's all. What goes on in Guy Arkansas doesn't concern me at all. The success there is tainted and everyone knows it but it is what it is.

PuddlePirate12

Which Guy boy scored 50 tonight? Or even 25

Moonshiner

StateChamps09

While your trying to be a smart rear, did any of them need to score big? I mean really. Let's be honest... read what I said, i know that's pretty hard for most on here... and as bashing the pg, that's d1 talent, check his write ups if you don't believe it. Of course hes gonna cross people over, and if you have a problem with it, try to guard him. Haha you guys forget what some of these kids play for... it's a shame what whiners turn the game of basketball into.. pitiful.

ErnestTBass

Who is recruiting that D1 talented guard? Who has offered? You do realize that Guys players don't transition well to college! Might be something for Guys future recr$&/ya to consider. Career is usually over when the final high school horn sounds regardless of the promises made!

Thechosen1

They have no one to guard anyone. They reach and slap around, luckily calico rock can't dribble or they would've had a better chance. Let's see what they do with Kirby who can actually play some ball on Friday.

Thechosen1

Please tell me you're saying Ballard is the D1 talent? I don't see any other capable of it. And hopefully you're not talking about the little 5'8 kid?

ErnestTBass

No one is recruiting any players and they aren't going to. History is on the side of that. I don't know maybe there's a juco somewhere in South Dakota or Wyoming that might come calling

StateChamps09

There point guard has d1 offers... the "showboater" as you guys call him. Haha and of course ballard does 2. You guys are letting your haterid of Guy blind you.

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: StateChamps09 on March 01, 2016, 07:40:57 pm
There point guard has d1 offers... the "showboater" as you guys call him. Haha and of course ballard does 2. You guys are letting your haterid of Guy blind you.

They're gonna be upset when he gets there lol. They must not have watched him. Yeah he can handle the ball and shoot but you gotta know how to handle yourself and he does not

StateChamps09

Haha ok :) well you go with that, and I'll stick to knowing the kid. I happen to call that kid my little brother (not biological), and granted you can't see it on the court, but his drive and passion is so real. hes the most humble kid you'll meet... what senior in high school do you that take time everyday to go hang out with elmetary students? Go ahead. I'll wait.

Thechosen1

Man it must be real easy to get a scholarship for basketball.

Central Ark

Quote from: StateChamps09 on March 01, 2016, 07:40:57 pm
D-1s lol

ErnestTBass

What schools have offered the Guy players? Still waiting!!

PuddlePirate12

The entire Emerson senior boys team is very active with our elementary. They play basketball with them at the white top after school, sit and talk with them at games, give them pieces of the net we cut at regionals. But that is irrelevant. The person he is on the court.. I can't see any D1 coach's wanting that

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: ErnestTBass on March 01, 2016, 08:18:51 pm
What schools have offered the Guy players? Still waiting!!

The D1 ones

StateChamps09

Go read and figure it out. Your talking savage on a 17 year old kid... come on bro. Go read. You obviously have internet...

Central Ark

Can't find anywhere that says they've been offered. So you tell us

PuddlePirate12

Can't either. But he is 18 years old. Not 17. You should know this

StateChamps09

Touche your right. Thanks for reminding me. UCSB, and cal-poly SLO, and cuesta college (that's a juco)

ErnestTBass

Guess we're waiting till seasons over to sign. Cmon man!!

StateChamps09

March 01, 2016, 09:14:19 pm #46 Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 09:16:31 pm by StateChamps09
What do you mean? Any kids that have played ball for hutch who go play at the next levl, he makes them wait until season is over. More offers (theoretically) bring more offers. Simple supply and demand.  I.e. denesha henderson, Denell henderson, aj foster, nakeia guiden, isacc guiden, keanen Guiden.... shall I keep going?

Central Ark

Or Denell Henderson's grades weren't great so he had to go JUCO, same with Isaac guiden

StateChamps09

What does that have to do with him making them wait until the end of the season? Or signing mid season? Yeah so there grades weren't great, there was another few in there whom were honor students who were made to wait until the season was over...

Central Ark

Schools wait until grades or ACT comes in. So the players wait until the end to see if they're actually going to qualify. If they don't, they go JUCO late in the year.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas