• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1A Boys Bracket

Started by Brian G, February 28, 2016, 09:22:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian G

February 28, 2016, 09:22:18 am Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 11:59:41 am by HF

BeastieBoy13

Let's hear predictions on who will win and make it to the elite 8 and onwards

HorseFeathers

Only upset I see in first round is Nevada over western grove

Ice Water

If you want to call that an upset. My first round picks in descending order of confidence:
Guy over Calico
Emerson over Alpena
Bay over MVE
Nevada over WG
CL over Bradley
Kirby over Jasper
ICC over WSGF
Shirley over Norfork

BannerChaser95

First round

Emerson/alpena (Emerson)
Shirley/norfork.  (Shirley)
County Line/Bradley (County line) (only 1/4 game worth watching)
Izard county/west side  (ICC)

Guy/ calico rock (Guy)
Kirby/ jasper (Kirby)
Bay/ MVE (Bay)
Western grove/Nevada (nevada)

Second round

Emerson/ Shirley (Emerson)
County line/ICC (County line)

Guy/Kirby (guy)
Bay/Nevada (bay)

SEMIS

Emerson/county line (emerson)

Bay/guy. (Flip a coin and pick).

Finals

Emerson/ (guy/bay). (Guy/ bay)

Just taking a shot at it. But in my opinion bay/guy  will be the championship in the semis. Pending the tougher game for guy in Kirby
Emerson looks to have the easier of the brackets another year in a row

blackcoffee_91

Emerson is good but I don't see them winning it all. Guy is my pick.

yesteryearman

Quote from: blackcoffee_91 on February 28, 2016, 02:19:15 pm
Emerson is good but I don't see them winning it all. Guy is my pick.

Who have you seen Emerson play?

yesteryearman

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 28, 2016, 01:35:19 pm
First round

Emerson/alpena (Emerson)
Shirley/norfork.  (Shirley)
County Line/Bradley (County line) (only 1/4 game worth watching)
Izard county/west side  (ICC)

Guy/ calico rock (Guy)
Kirby/ jasper (Kirby)
Bay/ MVE (Bay)
Western grove/Nevada (nevada)

Second round

Emerson/ Shirley (Emerson)
County line/ICC (County line)

Guy/Kirby (guy)
Bay/Nevada (bay)

SEMIS

Emerson/county line (emerson)

Bay/guy. (Flip a coin and pick).

Finals

Emerson/ (guy/bay). (Guy/ bay)

Just taking a shot at it. But in my opinion bay/guy  will be the championship in the semis. Pending the tougher game for guy in Kirby
Emerson looks to have the easier of the brackets another year in a row

and has done it with no move-ins or recruits

PuddlePirate12

Nobody cares about that. AAA obviously doesn't care. It's gonna get to where you have to recruit to compete. And Emerson's gonna compete

WhatsUrRingSize

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on February 28, 2016, 03:44:55 pm
Nobody cares about that. AAA obviously doesn't care. It's gonna get to where you have to recruit to compete. And Emerson's gonna compete
So who was recruited off this year's Bay team since yall say this every year ??

HorseFeathers

Not guy and bays fault that no-one wants to move to Louisiana to play ball for Emerson lol

PuddlePirate12

Lol may just pull em out of the boot like Junction City 😉

HorseFeathers

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on February 28, 2016, 04:31:45 pm
Lol may just pull em out of the boot like Junction City 😉

Gotta get a Louisiana charter school on your campus for that loophole

Thechosen1

Guy should dominate calico. But calico plays super hard probably play the hardest of any team I've seen this year, they hustle all out on every play. Guy will have trouble guarding Parnell but that'll be there only problem he can play when he doesn't think he's too cool and fancy to take over a game.

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: HF on February 28, 2016, 04:37:58 pm
Gotta get a Louisiana charter school on your campus for that loophole

We will make sure they have a home in the district. They'll be "legit" move ins lol

yesteryearman

Quote from: Thechosen1 on February 28, 2016, 04:53:07 pm
Guy should dominate calico. But calico plays super hard probably play the hardest of any team I've seen this year, they hustle all out on every play. Guy will have trouble guarding Parnell but that'll be there only problem he can play when he doesn't think he's too cool and fancy to take over a game.

I take it you haven't seen Kirby, if Calico plays hardest of any team you've seen.

PuddlePirate12

Wish I knew how to share photos on here. Show you how hard Kirby boys play

Batman44

I recently obtained an agents license. Already have 6 STRONG commitments from players looking to transfer for next season.

PuddlePirate12

Nice. We've got a few soft commits. Nothing solid yet though. In home visits start in a few weeks

Batman44

Just let me know what type of player you need/want. I can deliver!

PuddlePirate12

If you could find us a 210 lb 6'6"+ freshman or sophomore shooting guard we would love to have him.. Or anything for that matter. If they can say "E-Town" we will take em

BannerChaser95

Quote from: yesteryearman on February 28, 2016, 05:14:17 pm
I take it you haven't seen Kirby, if Calico plays hardest of any team you've seen.
Kirby plays a 36 minutes of he** Nolan Richardson type ball. Calico I haven't seen play but kirbys effort is hard to beat this year

PuddlePirate12

First round I'll take:

Emerson over Alpena
Shirley over Norfork
County Line over Bradley
ICC over Westside
GP over Calico Rock
Kirby over Jasper
Bay over MVE
Nevada over WG

Thechosen1

I'm sure they do but calico plays their butt off not talented at all but they work really hard

BannerChaser95

Quote from: Thechosen1 on February 28, 2016, 05:43:24 pm
I'm sure they do but calico plays their butt off not talented at all but they work really hard
Kirby plays hard and those sophomore guard can play man. Whisenhunt good inside!! They have talent and effort, they're In my opinion the best 2 seed by quit a bit.

PuddlePirate12

Kirby has the ability to upset GP if all it takes is good defense and control as some have said. Nevada could upset Bay if they had a coach that will let the better players play more minutes. Don't think either will happen. Definitely not Nevada over Bay. Kirby has a chance I think

hawgfan15

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 28, 2016, 05:38:25 pm
Kirby plays a 36 minutes of he** Nolan Richardson type ball. Calico I haven't seen play but kirbys effort is hard to beat this year

LOL not even close

BannerChaser95

Well you're entitled to your own opinion, but you most definitely will find people who agree with that statement. Thanks

hawgfan15

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 28, 2016, 07:36:10 pm
Well you're entitled to your own opinion, but you most definitely will find people who agree with that statement. Thanks

You just compared Kirby's style of play to Nolan Richardson's Arkansas teams. Anyone who agrees with that is as ignorant as you are.

BannerChaser95

Lol, kirbys defense is pressure, and good up in your face Playing hard. What I meant but hey whatever works

BannerChaser95

Pretty sure everyone here knew I didn't mean, full court press the whole game. We were strictly talking about the effort out put.

hawgfan15

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 28, 2016, 08:36:45 pm
Pretty sure everyone here knew I didn't mean, full court press the whole game. We were strictly talking about the effort out put.

So you just used a terrible example to try to explain how hard Kirby plays. Got ya.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: hawgfan15 on February 28, 2016, 08:53:18 pm
So you just used a terrible example to try to explain how hard Kirby plays. Got ya.
Made perfect sense in my head. Kirby plays hard. Arkansas used to play hard. All I was getting at, you wanna blow it out of proportion you go right ahead

Thechosen1

Someone must be a die hard Arkansas fan ;D

hawgfan15

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 28, 2016, 08:35:47 pm
Lol, kirbys defense is pressure, and good up in your face Playing hard. What I meant but hey whatever works

Yep that box and 1 defense Kirby ran Saturday night sure was a lot of in your face pressure. For 3 1/2 quarters I don't think a Kirby defender stepped above the 3 point line to guard the Emerson guards.

hawgfan15

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 28, 2016, 08:56:59 pm
Made perfect sense in my head. Kirby plays hard. Arkansas used to play hard. All I was getting at, you wanna blow it out of proportion you go right ahead

Lol I'm sure it did.

BannerChaser95

Haha, die hard. box and 1's aren't meant to come out and defend at half court. im not arguing, just was making an example of effort. Not playing styles, did you see kirbys effort Friday night against Nevada? That 1-3-1 was every where. The man was even in your face defense. But hey, that box and 1 must be what you're basing there entires season efforts off of so I'll stop. See y'all this week. Good luck Emerson @Puddle

blackcoffee_91

I don't know if it's quite 40 minutes of he** but I sure wouldn't want to play Kirby. They're a tough team. Very well coached. Look for them to make some noise in the tournament.

blackcoffee_91

Quote from: yesteryearman on February 28, 2016, 03:29:50 pm
Who have you seen Emerson play?

I watched Emerson play Blevins. Neither team had their best game but it was hard fought and came down the wire. They're tough but it's a lot of pressure playing as an undefeated team.

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: blackcoffee_91 on February 28, 2016, 09:38:53 pm
I watched Emerson play Blevins. Neither team had their best game but it was hard fought and came down the wire. They're tough but it's a lot of pressure playing as an undefeated team.

I really don't sense that the players feel any pressure. Maybe they just hide it well. They seem to have accepted the challenge of staying undefeated. They just go out and play ball. They just happen to have won 32 games in a row lol. If they were 26-6 or something at this point I don't imagine them feeling or playing any differently. They're here to try to win state. Same as 15 other teams. They should all feel the pressure of trying to go 4-0 in the next 2 weeks. The boys know the last 32 games mean absolutely nothing now. All it did was get them a 1 seed and a good chance to play a few more games in the sport they love

hawgfan15

The undefeated pressure only applies to the regular season. In the state tournament all of the good teams feel the pressure to win it all.

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: hawgfan15 on February 28, 2016, 09:53:42 pm
The undefeated pressure only applies to the regular season. In the state tournament all of the good teams feel the pressure to win it all.

That's kind of how I see it. Against Blevins they kind of felt pressure to keep winning but since district tourney began they just want to move on to the next game. Those seniors know the next game they lose will be their last and even if they win out they'll only have 4. And the juniors and everyone else knows this is their best shot at winning state. It's survival of the fittest now

bdubyab60

See Clarendon for example of the pressure to win it all. Absolutely is more pressure on a team that is higher seeded.

HorseFeathers

Taking
Kirby, Nevada and emrson to win tonight

super fan

Probably spot on....  Good luck to all teams.

audiogirl

Predictions for Friday?

StateChamps09

John M.

Emerson doesn't play Friday.

John M.

Guy, Bay, and County Line.

BannerChaser95

Guy, bay, county line.

Could be Kirby, Nevada, and ICC if the three teams show up ready to play. Nevada shoots and get out in their lanes and has a good good good game. They can win.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas