• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1A Region 4 @ Caddo Hills

Started by HorseFeathers, February 21, 2016, 09:06:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BannerChaser95

4:20
Acorn 37
Kirby 36
Timeout kirby

BannerChaser95

BannerChaser95

Acorn 40
Kirby 39

Kirby shooting 2

BannerChaser95

Kirby 41
Acorn 40

Acorns ball in front of their bench!

BannerChaser95

Kirby blocks the shot at the buzzer!!!

final
Kirby 41
Acorn 40

sideliner

February 27, 2016, 07:29:18 pm #105 Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 07:31:44 pm by sideliner
Kirby won in a battle that wasn't pretty. Both teams played very hard. If it was any indication of the next game, good grief!

HawgBall06

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 27, 2016, 07:27:45 pm
Kirby blocks the shot at the buzzer!!!

final
Kirby 41
Acorn 40

The radio is saying the Acorn girl (Hill) got decked on the shot. 

PuddlePirate12

Acorn missed too many FTs. Kirby was missing shots they usually hit. Congrats to the lady Trojans!

BannerChaser95

Kirbys ugliest games have been in this gym hint their only 1A loss. And didn't look pretty last night. They better figure it out; also credit to acorn for bouncing back to play Kirby the way they did. Didn't look like team from last weekend. Love this time of the year

BannerChaser95

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on February 27, 2016, 07:32:15 pm
Acorn missed too many FTs. Kirby was missing shots they usually hit. Congrats to the lady Trojans!
Acorn hits the free throws with 34 seconds left and they win

BannerChaser95

End of 1st
Kirby 13
Emerson 7

Long 3 quarters to go

PuddlePirate12

Bannerchaser is the semi bald ref yalls? Sure ain't ours lol

BannerChaser95

Half time
Emerson 18
Kirby 15

Kirby missed 8-9 free throws this quarter alone. 2 1and1's
Emerson missed a handful too. @puddle if it's like this second half the winner will have the better free throw percentage.

BannerChaser95

The young ref he just is all over the place calling stuff that's not his area but he's not ours puddle he's doing decent the oldest ref doesn't look like he wants to call anything

BannerChaser95

BannerChaser95

BannerChaser95

3:52 in the 4th
Emerson31
Kirby 28

Markadomous

BannerChaser95

Final
Emerson 43
Kirby 35

Don't understand why you go away from what you were doing to start the game but Kirby shot their self in the foot in the second quarter. Failing to finish gimmies and free throws. Emerson just kept coming and Kirby tried to play catch up!

PuddlePirate12

I don't understand taking Bo out at the end.. He had 4 but I'd have to let him play. Someone who hadn't played all game came in cold and turned it over at the end. Good game to watch though. Congrats Pirates and good luck to all region 4 teams next week! See y'all in the semis like last year 😉😉

BannerChaser95

What's gets me puddle, is 1 quarter put whisenhunt down low and smith brings the ball down and they play well 15-7

Emerson extends their defense and Kirby puts Whisenhunt hung with in FEET of each other at 3 pt line? Just didn't get it, that's a lot easier to guard in my opinion

PuddlePirate12

Yeah. And does anyone know the actual definition of a jump ball? Maybe my thoughts on what it is is incorrect but the refs and I disagreed all regional long on that.

PuddlePirate12

Also, either Caddo and Acorn girls are better than advertised or Kirby is overly advertised. Both teams played well with Kirby and I thought Acorn had them tonight. Both Kirby boys and girls missed a lot of free throws tonight. Definitely not the norm for them. I still think Kirby's girls are atleast good enough for semifinals even in a loaded 1a girls. But Caddo and Acorn may be able to suprise some teams. Not sure I've ever looked forward to a girls state tournament like I am this year. Nemo, WV, Kirby, ICC, and Bay. Plus others I'm forgetting. Will be lots of good games all tourney long

BannerChaser95

The problem is kirbys girls didn't play well either game. But still did decent, Caddo played hard and acorn hit shots. Can't do anything about it in my opinion but we will see with Nemo on the opposite side if they want redemption they'll have there chance in the finals but they better start playing better or it will be a wonderview Nemo finals again

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas