• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thoughts on 1A Girls for 2015-16

Started by Moonshiner, August 31, 2015, 10:19:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HorseFeathers

any bay guys gonna be in flippin tomorrow?

BlackMamba

Silky and I will be tomorrow, couldn't make it today.

HorseFeathers

if the wifebdoesnt change her mind I plan on making it for bays game....im watching Kirby tonight in jessieville...

and to go with the theme of this thread...Kirby girls are goooood

Oldref

Bay Lady Yellowjackets won the Mountain View Missouri-Liberty High School Classic  tonight. They beat Eminence Mo 62-56 Thursday, beat host team MV Liberty 64-44 in second round Friday then beat Alton Mo 74-51 in the finals today. Mallory Hartley, Katie Ferguson and Whitlee Layne were named to all tournament team...... Whitlee was also named tournament MVP.

Bay now 24-3
This was Bays first time to play in this classic. Was very well run and a very nice facility.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Oldref on January 09, 2016, 09:12:55 pm
Bay Lady Yellowjackets won the Mountain View Missouri-Liberty High School Classic  tonight. They beat Eminence Mo 62-56 Thursday, beat host team MV Liberty 64-44 in second round Friday then beat Alton Mo 74-51 in the finals today. Mallory Hartley, Katie Ferguson and Whitlee Layne were named to all tournament team...... Whitlee was also named tournament MVP.

Bay now 24-3
This was Bays first time to play in this classic. Was very well run and a very nice facility.

Congrats to the Lady Jackets!!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Oldref on January 09, 2016, 09:12:55 pm

Bay now 24-3

For what it's worth, Liberty is ranked #3 in their class in Missouri by Maxpreps...

Oldref

Bay Lady Jackets over EPC tonight at EPC 73-47.

Silky Johnson

The Lady Jackets are now 26-3 on the season I think and they don't look to be slowing down.

Bigpoppa

In the girls, Nemo is the best I've seen. Sacred Heart, Wonderview, Mt Vernon are all about the same. Not sure of SH, but WV and MV will get some needed help/depth after JH district. MV has the best shot blocker I have seen in girls basketball.

NEArkie

Sr Girls
Bay - 99
Maynard - 37
Final...... Top 3 starters sat all but two minutes of the second half

Oldref

Quote from: NEArkie on February 01, 2016, 07:55:24 pm
Sr Girls
Bay - 99
Maynard - 37

Bay only has 8 girls on the team and one of those is a exchange student that has never played basketball until this year. 7 players scored in double figures and the exchange student scored a basket also.  The top three starters did sit all but two minutes of the second half. Not much else you can do. Maynard is a pretty good team but Bay got out early and never looked back. Record is 28-3

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Oldref on February 01, 2016, 10:18:36 pm
Quote from: NEArkie on February 01, 2016, 07:55:24 pm
Sr Girls
Bay - 99
Maynard - 37

Bay only has 8 girls on the team and one of those is a exchange student that has never played basketball until this year. 7 players scored in double figures and the exchange student scored a basket also.  The top three starters did sit all but two minutes of the second half. Not much else you can do. Maynard is a pretty good team but Bay got out early and never looked back. Record is 28-3

Congrats to the Lady Jackets!!
Playing extreamly well at the right time of the year coming up , post season!!

Motownsportsfan

Wonderview got some much needed help/depth. They went from average to really good by adding some gifted freshman.Looked like a different team this week. We shall see if they can sustain it.

zebra73

1A regional in bay should be ICC vs Bay on both sides?

BlackMamba

Quote from: zebra73 on February 20, 2016, 02:57:46 pm
1A regional in bay should be ICC vs Bay on both sides?
Should be, however Norfork just beat ICC girls in the 2N finals so I guess everything is still kinda up in the air

eamo8911

Quote from: BlackMamba on February 20, 2016, 08:22:06 pm
Should be, however Norfork just beat ICC girls in the 2N finals so I guess everything is still kinda up in the air

Bay and ICC meet in semis assuming no more upsets, meaning one of the current top 4 will end up with a 3 or 4 seed in the state tourney

TheOfficial

Quote from: BlackMamba on February 20, 2016, 08:22:06 pm

Wow, who saw that coming?

J.D.

Quote from: TheOfficial on February 20, 2016, 10:20:27 pm
Wow, who saw that coming?

One of those teams do not belong in the top four.

Moonshiner

WhatsUrRingSize

Quote from: J.D. on February 20, 2016, 11:15:06 pm
which team doesn't belong.

J.D.

NEA Razorback olfan

Only thing Bay lacks is size in the paint.
Very athletic group that can all shoot!

WhatsUrRingSize

Quote from: J.D. on February 21, 2016, 07:24:23 am
Don't worry, Bay's girls belong.
Ty just making sure you haven't went off the deep end on us. Lol

Moonshiner

So what are the region match ups in 2North for girls?

NEArkie

Quote from: Moonshiner on February 21, 2016, 10:49:49 am
So what are the region match ups in 2North for girls?
2-24-16 (Wednesday )

Game 1 (Girls)
4pm
#1 Norfork vs #4 Ridgefield Christian

Game 3 ( Girls)
7pm
#1 Bay vs #4 Hillcrest

2-25-16 ( Thursday )

Game 1 (Girls)
4pm
#2 Maynard vs #3 Calico Rock

Game 3 (Girls)
7pm
#2 ICC vs #3 Armorel

audiogirl

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on February 21, 2016, 09:43:57 am
Only thing Bay lacks is size in the paint.
Very athletic group that can all shoot!
This will be interesting because Norfork and ICC both have post girls over six feet.

Thechosen1

They work well together defensively. They completely shut down the big girl from epc by playing together on defense. The girl from Norfork can be pushed around pretty easily, big girl from Icc is good and plays like the girl from epc.

Moonshiner

Quote from: Thechosen1 on February 22, 2016, 12:22:01 pm
They work well together defensively. They completely shut down the big girl from epc by playing together on defense. The girl from Norfork can be pushed around pretty easily, big girl from Icc is good and plays like the girl from epc.

The one from Norfork is more than just a post.  She can beat you from behind the line and handles like a guard.

Oxford Cat

Quote from: J.D. on February 20, 2016, 11:15:06 pm
Which one doesn't belong J.D.?  Izard County just beat a very good Bay team on its home floor. By the way, Norfork is pretty good as well.

J.D.

Quote from: Oxford Cat on February 26, 2016, 11:09:26 pm
Which one doesn't belong J.D.?  Izard County just beat a very good Bay team on its home floor. By the way, Norfork is pretty good as well.

Maybe I was talking about someone else? Lol

Yeah, I was obviously wrong. Congratulations on the great regional win.  Way to set yourself up for a run in state. 

Thechosen1

ICC shouldn't have won the game. One of the luckiest shots I've ever seen in a girls game if she shot it 100 more times she would probably only make it once but bay shouldn't have set theirselves up for that situation. If they meet again bay wins, bay is the better team

Oxford Cat

Quote from: Thechosen1 on February 27, 2016, 12:49:12 am
ICC shouldn't have won the game. One of the luckiest shots I've ever seen in a girls game if she shot it 100 more times she would probably only make it once but bay shouldn't have set theirselves up for that situation. If they meet again bay wins, bay is the better team
Unbelievable shot by Sam King! And I thought a great play call by Coach Massey to get her that shot with only 2.6 seconds left and the length of the floor to travel. Izard County competed very hard to put themselves in a position where that shot would even make a difference in the game. Bays girls had every advantage (at home, 2 nights rest, etc.), and Izard County still pulled out a great victory over a very good team. Good luck in state.  See you next week at the Cougar Den!

eamo8911

Yet they still won. And if they do play again, it'll most likely be on neutral ground ( assuming ICC beats Norfork tonight and they don't meet next week). No 41 free throw attempts compared to 14 to help you out . . . and still lose.

And you can say have fun with Nemo all you want, because if Bay is as good as you think they are, you'll have your go at them.

Thechosen1

Whoever loses in the finals tonight plays wonderview that's not a good draw. Calico plays Nemo so bay plays sacred heart and won't meet Nemo until the finals assuming they both make it. We got a pretty good draw. A lot better than you did and whoever loses the finals tonight will. And you're talking about the fouls, our best player was on the bench half the second and all of the third quarter. Cooper played even though she had 3 and 4 fouls and she got lucky. Again we start 2 freshman 1 sophomore 1 jr and 1 Sr and the bench is almost all freshman, we're young and that was a lot of the girls biggest game they've played in, they'll learn. But keep whining about the fouls while you're sitting at home after opening night. I don't associate myself with whinny bag people who blame the refs every time they lose sounds like a calico problem to me. Peace

HorseFeathers

Btw guys.....sacred heart is a solid, scrappy team....let them hang around and they might pull the shocker...

Thechosen1

I'm not taking anything away from sacred, just way rather play them than wonderview.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Thechosen1 on February 27, 2016, 11:02:18 pm
I'm not taking anything away from sacred, just way rather play them than wonderview.

Well yeah...j.d will give me crap for this, but all 4 teams from region 3 are solid

Moonshiner

Not sure how you can say that Bay is the better team.  They lost, at home, to I.C.C.
Lucky shot, maybe.  I think luckier foul call with :02 left on a rebound.
Bay is good.  I.C.C. Is good.  Norfork is young, and learning.  But they will be a tough draw for Wonderview. Good girls tournament.  I thought Bay did a great job hosting.  I did notice that they didn't provide water for the teams.  Also noticed that gates opened at 5:00 but the gym was full of Bay folks when I got there at 5:02.  But overall a good tournament.

WhatsUrRingSize

Quote from: Moonshiner on February 28, 2016, 01:04:52 am
Not sure how you can say that Bay is the better team.  They lost, at home, to I.C.C.
Lucky shot, maybe.  I think luckier foul call with :02 left on a rebound.
Bay is good.  I.C.C. Is good.  Norfork is young, and learning.  But they will be a tough draw for Wonderview. Good girls tournament.  I thought Bay did a great job hosting.  I did notice that they didn't provide water for the teams.  Also noticed that gates opened at 5:00 but the gym was full of Bay folks when I got there at 5:02.  But overall a good tournament.
Your correct they didn't have water for the teams they had Gatorade.Bay people didn't get in  the gym until 5 either.

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: Thechosen1 on February 27, 2016, 11:02:18 pm

I thought Bay was always hoping to play the absolute best teams every round lol

Moonshiner

Quote from: WhatsUrRingSize on February 28, 2016, 08:51:35 am
Your correct they didn't have water for the teams they had Gatorade.Bay people didn't get in  the gym until 5 either.

My mistake.  Didn't see a cooler.
Did a great job hosting.

WhatsUrRingSize

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on February 28, 2016, 11:16:35 am
I thought Bay was always hoping to play the absolute best teams every round lol
you do understand that was talking about our girls.

WhatsUrRingSize

Quote from: Moonshiner on February 28, 2016, 11:33:05 am
My mistake.  Didn't see a cooler.
Did a great job hosting.
Thx we gave it our best. Good luck to ICC next wk it's a lot of work.

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: WhatsUrRingSize on February 28, 2016, 01:21:25 pm
you do understand that was talking about our girls.

Oh I didn't know y'all thought differently boys vs girls. Lol

WhatsUrRingSize

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on February 28, 2016, 02:10:40 pm
Oh I didn't know y'all thought differently boys vs girls. Lol
our girls r 9th and 10th graders 1 jr 1 sr  that havnt been in big games like.our boys they just want to win and get experience but they can beat anyone on any night. Our boys want Guy in the semi and Emerson in the finals if we get beat then we get beat.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas