• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We lost a legend today

Started by football_referee, March 24, 2018, 04:48:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

football_referee

The officiating community lost legend today, Rulesman pass away after a 22 month battle with cancer. He was a mentor to a lots of officials and I am proud to call him my friend.  Please keep his family and friends in your prayers in the coming days.

Made

I saw him on here frequently, definitely will be missed here. If you don't mind, can I ask who he was and where he mainly called games, just wondering if I actually ever met him. My prayers go out to his family and friends.

beach bum

That is terrible to hear  :'( ..... He added a plethora of knowledge to these boards and I think we all learned a lot from him on here when he responded to anything about the rules of the game when posters would ask questions. It's terrible he had to go through that.... Rest in peace and condolences to his friends and relatives.

football_referee

His name Bob Dunham. He worked in the old AIC and Gulf South. He worked all over the State of Arkansas and before retirement he was the  Assignor for the 4A-3 and 5 and 6A East conferences

arreferee

I'll echo what Big Don said in the first post.  He was a great guy, great official, and great friend.  He was always willing to help in any way he could.  I learned a lot from him over the years and he will definitely be missed. 

Quote from: football_referee on March 24, 2018, 05:52:07 pm
His name Bob Dunham. He worked in the old AIC and Gulf South. He worked all over the State of Arkansas and before retirement he was the  Assignor for the 4A-3 and 5 and 6A East conferences

Bob worked football and basketball for many years and assigned for those 3 conferences in East Arkansas.  He was recently inducted into the Arkansas Official's Association Hall of Fame.  After retirement from the banking industry in Memphis, he and his wife moved down to the gulf coast.  Unfortunately, not long after they moved, Bob was diagnosed with cancer.  Please keep his wife and their family in your prayers.

Brian G

Blessings to his friends and family.

AirWarren

Tough to lose another poster. But when you're called to leave this earth and come home, there is nothing you can do. I always enjoyed reading his posts especially when posters would come on here and bash officials. Then he would smoke them with facts. It was always a fun read.

God bless and prayers for the family during this time.

Lions84

Dang I just saw this  ! RIP Rulesman you never talked down to anyone here with an Honest Question. Prayers sent for his friends and family.

Lumberjackfan1978

Enjoyed reading his posts he will be missed prayers for his family God bless.

Lions84

Anybody got a Obit for Rulesman. 

arreferee

Lions84

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas