• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

AAA has hosed up the playoff brackets

Started by sevenof400, April 23, 2017, 09:57:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

sevenof400

April 23, 2017, 09:57:05 am Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 10:07:25 am by sevenof400
I hope this is a screw up on AAA's part but as we all know.....

In looking at the posted 5A playoff bracket, it now appears AAA has trashed the idea of balancing the rest for playoff teams and changed the schedule.  One of the essential measures of any competition is to balance the competitive conditions as much as possible.  AAA has failed in this regard if the posted 5A playoff schedule is correct.

It used to be all teams in one half of the bracket played at the same time for the first two rounds.  Not anymore. 

Again, if the posted bracket is correct, the teams that get the shaft this year will be the 2 seed from the East, 3 seed from the West, the 2 seed from the Central, and the 3 seed from the South was those four teams play their first round game at 4 pm on Thursday.  The winners will then have to play at 12 noon on Friday against teams that will have the benefit of two (plus) hours) of additional rest. 

That is blatantly unfair.  Those extra two (plus) hours may not sound like a big deal...until an important player or two picks up an injury in those 4 pm games and needs every minute possible toward an effort to get back on the field. 

For all the good it will do, everyone should contact AAA on Monday morning and demand an explanation.   

beeroe

Is this due to a shortage in Referees?

Perhaps this is a way to hire less Referees?

sevenof400

It can't be that because you'll still have the same number of games being played at the same times in the first two rounds. 
In the third round, it gets WORSE if the 10 and 12 schedules are accurate because you need four crews at both 10 and 12.
The other referee factor here is that referees won't get assigned more than 2 games per day  - which is good because you want to keep them from being overworked. 

Sir Alex

Looks like they are playing girls all day at two fields and boys all days at two fields.  That is certainly different than anything that has ever been done. Usually it is girls at 10 and 2 and boys at 12 and 4.  This will definitely be a change of pace.

hogbert

Dude, since when has the AAA done anything that is in the interest of the game or the schools when it comes to soccer? This doesn't surprise me at all. AAA leadership is about football and basketball. Honestly, I'm sure they wish soccer would just go away.

sevenof400

I am now hearing the 5A bracket does indeed contain incorrect times.  Changes should be forthcoming....

For now, please stand by...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas