• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Next year?

Started by businesstron, March 17, 2016, 10:10:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

businesstron

So who's gonna be the favorite to win it all next year? 

Here's my short list

Cabot  -- Defending champions I believe they return like 4 out of 5 starters.
Bryant -- Lose Kevin Hunt return everyone else.  Should be fun to watch
Northside -- they lost a few seniors but Brewer and Joe could be powerful next year.
Harber -- Between Benson, Garrett and Perry they'll have one of the best backcourts in the 7a next year

I can't really think of a 5th team.  A lot of senior laden teams this year.

rammer

It is early and who knows what will transpire before next season begins, but I will go with Bryant or Cabot. Bryant should really be good and  Cabot only loses 2 starters, Hunter Southerland and Garrett Rowe. They are both really good so they are not going to be easily replaced.  They do return starters Bobby Joe Duncan (All State), Matt Stanley, and Jalen Brown. Logan Gilberston played as much as the starters and he returns, along with Jarrod Barnes and the whole state now knows how he is capable of playing (if he doesn't opt out of playing basketball to concentrate on football). Cabot has a very good sophomore unit that will provide good depth.

I would have predicted Ft. Smith Northside because I think Tevin Brewer will be the best player in 7A next year. We saw how the team with the best player turned out this year. Also, after hearing all year that this is the year the West was finally the premier league in 7A, that turned out not to be so. Cabot went 4-1 against the West and Bryant knocked out the best team from the West in the semi-finals. Looks like that although the West rules in football, the best basketball teams are still in central Arkansas.

mack

Quote from: rammer on March 17, 2016, 03:34:31 pm
It is early and who knows what will transpire before next season begins, but I will go with Bryant or Cabot. Bryant should really be good and  Cabot only loses 2 starters, Hunter Southerland and Garrett Rowe. They are both really good so they are not going to be easily replaced.  They do return starters Bobby Joe Duncan (All State), Matt Stanley, and Jalen Brown. Logan Gilberston played as much as the starters and he returns, along with Jarrod Barnes and the whole state now knows how he is capable of playing (if he doesn't opt out of playing basketball to concentrate on football). Cabot has a very good sophomore unit that will provide good depth.

I would have predicted Ft. Smith Northside because I think Tevin Brewer will be the best player in 7A next year. We saw how the team with the best player turned out this year. Also, after hearing all year that this is the year the West was finally the premier league in 7A, that turned out not to be so. Cabot went 4-1 against the West and Bryant knocked out the best team from the West in the semi-finals. Looks like that although the West rules in football, the best basketball teams are still in central Arkansas.

Profound!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas