• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fayetteville @ Northside Friday January 8th.

Started by businesstron, January 05, 2016, 05:58:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

businesstron

Who you got?   This might be the beginning of the end of the conference rival for a while.   The girls game should be colossal and the Boys game should be good as always.    I haven't seen the girls game but I think Northside wins just because of homefield advantage. 

On the boys side Fayetteville is the favorite but I wouldn't be surprised if Northside wins.  It's kind of hard to gauge how good they (Northside) are because they can blow the best team in the state out by 20 and then come back and barely get by a school like Rogers.  They are a very streaky team.   

Either way it should be a good night of basketball. 

Brian G

I shall be there for the 12th time in 13 years.  Would be 13/13 if not for the conference redo's every 5 minutes.

Overall, I bet I've seen 40-50 Fayetteville vs NSide boys games.

Grizzlyfan

TheMercenary

Northside girls will light it up in their home gym on Friday. Not sure Fayetteville has the experienced guards to handle the pressure when Northside makes shots and puts on the pressure defense with the home crowd going wild.

I bet these two split home games and end up sharing the Conf. Championship.  Unless Springdale or Har-Ber pulls an upset along the way- can't really see it though.

DerekOxford

Northside girls won by 7. The Jackson girl was as advertised, although she got into early foul trouble. Fayetteville shot the ball pretty terribly and turned it over a ton and was still in the game late.

Fayetteville boys started slow but really got rolling in the second half and won easily, 67-48. One of the largest victory margins at Northside I can remember for FHS.

Payton Willis only scored eight and they won by 19. Speaks to Fayetteville's depth, as Josh Breathitt went for 21 and Spencer Brown went for 16.

businesstron

If the Bulldog boys show up like they did last night from this point on then they could cruise to the state championship.  They made almost every open shot they got.   Northside tried to trap em and when they did that that left nothing but open shots and Fayetteville made them pay dearly for it.   They didn't need Payton in the first half because Josh, August, and Spencer all killed them from beyond the arc.   Northside had some good looks, but their shots didn't drop,  if their shots would've dropped then it would've been a different game.  But Northside's lack of size hurt em.   But fun game either way. 

Brian G

Fayetteville did play really well. Lots of games left though.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: businesstron on January 10, 2016, 01:31:22 pm
If the Bulldog boys show up like they did last night from this point on then they could cruise to the state championship.  They made almost every open shot they got.   Northside tried to trap em and when they did that that left nothing but open shots and Fayetteville made them pay dearly for it.   They didn't need Payton in the first half because Josh, August, and Spencer all killed them from beyond the arc.   Northside had some good looks, but their shots didn't drop,  if their shots would've dropped then it would've been a different game.  But Northside's lack of size hurt em.   But fun game either way.
The size difference in the two teams was striking.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas