• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

HS Coaches won/loss record

Started by obamabill, February 27, 2015, 09:53:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

reggiebushfan

Quote from: obamabill on April 20, 2016, 05:36:35 pm
I don't know who has applied for this position.  Board has not, and usually does not, release that info.

But judging on the time lapse so far, we can only hope the Board and AD are doing a real personnel search and will find quality coaching after this program being mired in mud for 8 years.
I can assure you that every coach in the 7A-West is glad Heritage is looking for a new coach. Most are certain that Heritage will become an even easier W than they already have been...Can't wait to see what poor soul they hire!

KingOfNothing

This is the most ridiculous post I have seen in a while. Dude, Heritage has no athletes. And the athletes they do have are probably already playing other sports because that's the direction sports are going. In general, across the nation, girls are leaning more and more towards volleyball over any other sports. I know that Heritage has had GREAT coaching in volleyball, AND they've probably had the best athletes in the school, yet they still can't be highly competitive. I also know that the admin in Rogers school district is not highly supportive of the athletic programs. That is not their priority, and when a district doesn't put priority on athletics, it makes it that much harder for any sport to be successful.

Just a question, what was the last sport in any Rogers school to be successful at a high level for any length of time? If Rogers has athletes, there would have to be a few, right?

Quit bashing the coach and teach your daughter to have a good attitude and work hard in order to be a better athlete and person, instead of trying to blame someone who has worked their butt off for those kids and done the best they could with the athletes and support they have been given.

Brian G

Quote from: KingOfNothing on May 02, 2016, 06:45:32 pm
Just a question, what was the last sport in any Rogers school to be successful at a high level for any length of time? If Rogers has athletes, there would have to be a few, right?
I would say Roger boys basketball under Coach Barnes during the Moix/Hawley eras(05-09) as well as some of the Roger girls basketball teams under Ealy.  He sustained good teams for a good decade it seemed.

As for Kevin, he is a great guy in an impossible situation.  For the first few years he had starters that likely would have not even been on other teams roster.  The right talent mix never really came through that school.  You can't squeeze blood out of a turnip.

Personally, I've heard nothing on applicants for this job.  There are 2 other openings in this conference and each is more desirable from a competitive standpoint.

Good luck to Kevin at Pea Ridge as an AD!

bodiddley

What other opening besides Har-Ber is there?

Brian G

I know of girls asst opening at Sdale and I think also a girls asst at the new BHS West.

FHS is also looking for a girls asst.

AT

Quote from: B.G. on May 02, 2016, 10:52:28 pm
I would say Roger boys basketball under Coach Barnes during the Moix/Hawley eras(05-09) as well as some of the Roger girls basketball teams under Ealy.  He sustained good teams for a good decade it seemed.

As for Kevin, he is a great guy in an impossible situation.  For the first few years he had starters that likely would have not even been on other teams roster.  The right talent mix never really came through that school.  You can't squeeze blood out of a turnip.

Personally, I've heard nothing on applicants for this job.  There are 2 other openings in this conference and each is more desirable from a competitive standpoint.

Good luck to Kevin at Pea Ridge as an AD!

Rogers cross country is a powerhouse. (inb4 pseudo-sport)

beach bum

Quote from: Almatrackster on May 07, 2016, 11:27:38 am
Rogers cross country is a powerhouse. (inb4 pseudo-sport)

Yes it is, Coach Efurd is quite an unbelievable guy as well as having some talented children too. I believe the boys basketball coach not too long ago at Gentry had relation to them too. He was a very good coach and it hurt Gentry a for a while after he stopped coaching there.

obamabill

I congratulate the Rogers School Board on their search and hire for the girls bball program.  I believe Scott Moore will get this program going in right direction.  I believe the girls will get coaching, leadership they need.

Willing to give him time to rebuild.

At the end of the day, we all have to perform.  Won/Loss record matters.  Can't just do the minimum and collect your coaching stipend year after year.

reggiebushfan

Quote from: obamabill on May 19, 2016, 12:44:29 pm
I congratulate the Rogers School Board on their search and hire for the girls bball program.  I believe Scott Moore will get this program going in right direction.  I believe the girls will get coaching, leadership they need.

At the end of the day, we all have to perform.  Won/Loss record matters.  Can't just do the minimum and collect your coaching stipend year after year.
What about Scott Moore makes you think that he will cause Heritage to win?

Moonshiner

Quote from: obamabill on May 19, 2016, 12:44:29 pm

Have you ever coached?

obamabill

Quote from: reggiebushfan on May 19, 2016, 01:05:28 pm
What about Scott Moore makes you think that he will cause Heritage to win?

Most recently, College D1 (although Admin only) women's bball program that beat Arkansas at Arkansas and beat Ole Miss at Ole Miss.  Went to NCAA tournament.

College D2 coaching experience (6 years).

High school girls bball experience.

Hopefully, he can bring some of the college bball experience to Heritage

KingOfNothing

Being part of a college program, no matter how successful, doesn't always translate into High School athletics. There are many more obstacles in high school and many more things which are out of your control (I.e. Can't recruit, parent involvement-- lack of or too much, limited money and resources, practice times limited, having to teach, etc) I wish Coach Moore the absolute best, but I have a feeling it is going to be a tough go for a little while, and I think it would be no matter who took the job.

reggiebushfan

Quote from: obamabill on May 20, 2016, 08:12:14 am
Most recently, College D1 (although Admin only) women's bball program that beat Arkansas at Arkansas and beat Ole Miss at Ole Miss.  Went to NCAA tournament.

College D2 coaching experience (6 years).

High school girls bball experience.

Hopefully, he can bring some of the college bball experience to Heritage
Maybe he'll do great...but college coaches don't have some special knowledge of the game that high school coaches don't have. It will be harder, not easier to go from college to high school. The basic things that must be taught will likely frustrate a college coach. I figure this will be a huge pay increase for him, and he will be coaching against guys who are top notch.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas