• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1A Recru... Legal move in

Started by BannerChaser95, November 08, 2017, 09:30:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

SackAttack

Quote from: thebigman3 on November 08, 2017, 10:21:45 pm
well.. Winning 10 rings does make you a winner.. idc what you say. Move ins or not. Those kids have to have guidance and a coach to coach them and lead them the way. It takes a team. Even the kids that don't get to play are a huge part of the team. The kids that don't play have to practice with the kids that do. They make them better and encourage them. I understand all those coaches are great coaches and winners as well. But you mean to tell me winning 10 rings is not a winner? Winning almost near 2000 games isn't winning?😂 I understand your a Guy hater and all, but you gotta give credit where credit is due. and that is something you do to everyone but Guy!😂😂
Credit given for every legitimate championship they've won. Both of them! Kudos to those homegrown kids that paid the price and did it the right way. So there! Those other eight no way. Your reference was that winning 10 somehow made you more of a winner than those that have won one or only a few and that simply isn't true! And I know that for a fact you sir have no clue who those other men I mentioned are or anything about their legacy and their impact on the game of basketball! Don't pretend that you do! Several of those men are now gone but their legacy lives on. what will Hutchs legacy be outside of Guy. What is it in heber Springs? In Hot Springs? In Mt Vernon? In Sacred heart? Concord? Omaha? Those rings won't mean much when gone but legacy and reputation will! To argue with a lifelong basketball junkie as myself is futile! Arguments that you simply cannot win! AS far as the subs go being part of the team Im guessing you are referring to those 7 or 8 kids that dont even stay in the locker room with the starters at halftime to receive that expert advice and coaching tips that is surely going on in there!  ::) ::) ::) Yeah those poor kids now I get it.

SackAttack

Quote from: Backboard Shattered on November 09, 2017, 09:07:06 am
If your not good enough to win at your school I suggest move to another school and win.  Most kids aren't very good so just move and be remembered for moving trying to be be good somewhere else.  Jordan Magic and Bird should've played together that way they could've won.  Loyalty means nothing to parents coaches and players today.  I'm just glad as I sit in the stands at Brady Hipp Backboard Ernest Lion Central Whillock Dazzler McCarthy White Areuinme Shady Sack Horsemen Arena ppl know I stayed loyal!  Wait a sec those great players were loyal!  Never mind!  Carry on!
this post will sail right over most peoples heads but well played sir well played for you are the epitome of loyalty

thebigman3

Quote from: SackAttack on November 09, 2017, 09:15:06 am
Credit given for every legitimate championship they've won. Both of them! Kudos to those homegrown kids that paid the price and did it the right way. So there! Those other eight no way. Your reference was that winning 10 somehow made you more of a winner than those that have won one or only a few and that simply isn't true! And I know that for a fact you sir have no clue who those other men I mentioned are or anything about their legacy and their impact on the game of basketball! Don't pretend that you do! Several of those men are now gone but their legacy lives on. what will Hutchs legacy be outside of Guy. What is it in heber Springs? In Hot Springs? In Mt Vernon? In Sacred heart? Concord? Omaha? Those rings won't mean much when gone but legacy and reputation will! To argue with a lifelong basketball junkie as myself is futile! Arguments that you simply cannot win! AS far as the subs go being part of the team Im guessing you are referring to those 7 or 8 kids that dont even stay in the locker room with the starters at halftime to receive that expert advice and coaching tips that is surely going on in there!  ::) ::) ::) Yeah those poor kids now I get it.
I don't know what your grudge against Hutch is? HE IS A WINNER. 10 rings, he will get 2000 wins, apart of the USA basketball team, don't forget he also has 2 State Softball Championship rings, 20 finals appearances in 40 years not even counting how many times he's went to the State tournament and schools put banners up for that stuff nowadays. and let's not forget McDonald's All American Coach ;). Yet he's not a winner? And as far a his legacy living "outside of Guy" I would almost guarantee you anyone who keeps up with basketball in Arkansas knows John Hutchcraft. Anywhere i go in Arkansas and say I'm from Guy I always get that " Oh do you know John Hutchcraft?" Give me a break. He'll be in the Arkansas Basketball HOF. He's got the perfect resume'. You sit back and watch GFWS keep losing and I'll be watching my Thunderbirds keep winning. And his legacy will live on Hot Springs, shoot he's been there plenty of times ;)

not so slim shady

There are a couple of issues that need to be considered: 1) Sports are EXTRA Curriculuar- completely voluntary, not required in any way. Schools are designed for education and sports are extra- if you don't like the coach and don't love the game....don't play.

As far as switching schools- as long as the legislature allows (and encourages) school choice....the AAA is just following suit. Just my opinion.

Backboard Shattered

Does Hutch really have the bench kids stay on the bench at halftime?  Wow!  That sucks for them

Woodrow1

Quote from: not so slim shady on November 09, 2017, 09:36:09 am
There are a couple of issues that need to be considered: 1) Sports are EXTRA Curriculuar- completely voluntary, not required in any way. Schools are designed for education and sports are extra- if you don't like the coach and don't love the game....don't play.

As far as switching schools- as long as the legislature allows (and encourages) school choice....the AAA is just following suit. Just my opinion.

You are exactly right, but like I said.  I will not move my kids to play on a "winning" team.  That is the easy way out in my opinion.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Backboard Shattered on November 09, 2017, 09:40:06 am
Does Hutch really have the bench kids stay on the bench at halftime?  Wow!  That sucks for them

They do a shoot around....If the game isn't close, hutch has been known to sit in the crowd or on the bench during the half

SackAttack

November 09, 2017, 11:16:57 am #57 Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 11:18:54 am by SackAttack
Quote from: thebigman3 on November 09, 2017, 09:34:15 am
I don't know what your grudge against Hutch is? HE IS A WINNER. 10 rings, he will get 2000 wins, apart of the USA basketball team, don't forget he also has 2 State Softball Championship rings, 20 finals appearances in 40 years not even counting how many times he's went to the State tournament and schools put banners up for that stuff nowadays. and let's not forget McDonald's All American Coach ;). Yet he's not a winner? And as far a his legacy living "outside of Guy" I would almost guarantee you anyone who keeps up with basketball in Arkansas knows John Hutchcraft. Anywhere i go in Arkansas and say I'm from Guy I always get that " Oh do you know John Hutchcraft?" Give me a break. He'll be in the Arkansas Basketball HOF. He's got the perfect resume'. You sit back and watch GFWS keep losing and I'll be watching my Thunderbirds keep winning. And his legacy will live on Hot Springs, shoot he's been there plenty of times ;)
You don't get it ---Im not arguing the numbers Im arguing the method and the process! Its a really simple concept---the AAA let him get away with it in his early years and now its done as a habit. Plain and simple. he's been caught several times yet continues on business as usual. yes LOL everybody knows Hutch and his legacy and yes theres is probably about 60-70 Hall of Fame votes on the Conway(daughters school) and Fayetteville(favorite sons) school and it takes what maybe 25 to get in so yeah he's in most likely --again cheaply very cheaply but he's in! I'm moving on the rest of y'all have fun

SackAttack

Quote from: Backboard Shattered on November 09, 2017, 09:40:06 am
Yes they do!!! Its sad to even think about!

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: SackAttack on November 09, 2017, 11:18:03 am
Yes they do!!! Its sad to even think about!
he doesn't want them to hear his halftime speech of saying go Run and gun and snowbird

thebigman3

Quote from: SackAttack on November 09, 2017, 11:16:57 am
You don't get it ---Im not arguing the numbers Im arguing the method and the process! Its a really simple concept---the AAA let him get away with it in his early years and now its done as a habit. Plain and simple. he's been caught several times yet continues on business as usual. yes LOL everybody knows Hutch and his legacy and yes theres is probably about 60-70 Hall of Fame votes on the Conway(daughters school) and Fayetteville(favorite sons) school and it takes what maybe 25 to get in so yeah he's in most likely --again cheaply very cheaply but he's in! I'm moving on the rest of y'all have fun
I've never heard of a bigger hater. You change up what your arguing with every time I come back with something. Your acting like these kids do it by themselves. That they don't need him, when obviously they do. You argue about stuff you don't even know. and that's what amazes me! He's not an X's and O's coach I'll agree. But he knows the game and how it works. He knows when to call timeouts and change the momentum. He knows who to give the ball to when and where. He knows his players strengths and weaknesses. I can't argue with you much more on this, because you just cannot give credit to Guy or Hutch.

BannerChaser95

November 09, 2017, 01:01:36 pm #61 Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 01:04:23 pm by BannerChaser95

ErnestTBass

Ok I'm getting in on this late but I'm not seeing what SA has posted as being false and him not knowing what he is talking about! I've read the entire thread twice and I can't find any falsehoods but I'm not as up to speed in the game as I used to be prior to my long vacation! Moonshiner and HF tell us if you see any falsehoods in the posts! I'm curious to know so I can fashion my own argument! I find this a very interesting topic! Bigman seems to be speaking from blind loyalty and is clearly in the minority while the majority seem to speak of facts and observations! One thing is for certain Hutchcraft probably wouldn't appreciate all this attention on a message board! Can't help their cause any! Again Moonshiner and HF what say you guys!!

thebigman3

Quote from: ErnestTBass on November 09, 2017, 04:08:27 pm
Ok I'm getting in on this late but I'm not seeing what SA has posted as being false and him not knowing what he is talking about! I've read the entire thread twice and I can't find any falsehoods but I'm not as up to speed in the game as I used to be prior to my long vacation! Moonshiner and HF tell us if you see any falsehoods in the posts! I'm curious to know so I can fashion my own argument! I find this a very interesting topic! Bigman seems to be speaking from blind loyalty and is clearly in the minority while the majority seem to speak of facts and observations! One thing is for certain Hutchcraft probably wouldn't appreciate all this attention on a message board! Can't help their cause any! Again Moonshiner and HF what say you guys!!
What have I spoke wrongly on? Please fill me in Ernest. I admit when i'm wrong.

Moonshiner

I think everyone is entitled to their opinion.  Bigman has obvious loyalties to Guy.  I will have to say that 99% of the time I cringe when I'm reading a post by Sack.  However....when he feels strongly about a topic he usually makes valid points and argues those points well.  To me, having been around Class A (B) basketball all my life, I feel that move ins have a bigger effect on smaller schools than they do in say a 4 or 5A setting.  When a school has a solid group, and then benefits from gaining two or three players every year or so move in......it really throws the natural balance out of whack.  Most class A schools only have two or three suds. If that many. 
The sad thing is a school like Concord, or Jasper has an extra special season, with the players they developed on their own, and they get their hopes up that this is their year.....and outta nowhere comes a school that is infused with immediate talent and is dream team unbeatable.  What's right about that?
Again, we are talking about the schools who can't win it unless they steal players from other schools.  Not saying players aren't allowed to transfer.  It's the coaches, superintendents, principals, board members etc...that actively help these moves happen.

SackAttack

Quote from: Moonshiner on November 09, 2017, 04:25:22 pm
I think everyone is entitled to their opinion.  Bigman has obvious loyalties to Guy.  I will have to say that 99% of the time I cringe when I'm reading a post by Sack.  However....when he feels strongly about a topic he usually makes valid points and argues those points well.  To me, having been around Class A (B) basketball all my life, I feel that move ins have a bigger effect on smaller schools than they do in say a 4 or 5A setting.  When a school has a solid group, and then benefits from gaining two or three players every year or so move in......it really throws the natural balance out of whack.  Most class A schools only have two or three suds. If that many. 
The sad thing is a school like Concord, or Jasper has an extra special season, with the players they developed on their own, and they get their hopes up that this is their year.....and outta nowhere comes a school that is infused with immediate talent and is dream team unbeatable.  What's right about that?
Again, we are talking about the schools who can't win it unless they steal players from other schools.  Not saying players aren't allowed to transfer.  It's the coaches, superintendents, principals, board members etc...that actively help these moves happen.
So I made a 1% improvement wow Am I now in the running for Most Improved Poster. Im really quite well versed on all things class A basketball even though I tug on people just a little. My posts are never researched quite the contrary they are based on actual conversations with coaches and fans and referees and media types admin and school board members! If I post it factually you can take it to the bank or liquor store or wherever you choose as the truth! Yes admin has much to do with shady dealings I couldn't agree more! But we ignore that aspect or run and hide from it under the guise of success! Thank you Moonshiner! Me and you can see eye to chin on some things!

SackAttack

November 09, 2017, 04:54:55 pm #66 Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 04:56:34 pm by SackAttack
Quote from: thebigman3 on November 09, 2017, 04:15:26 pm
Ill post later

thebigman3

yesteryearman

Quote from: Moonshiner on November 09, 2017, 04:25:22 pm

Will any of this really matter in 2017-2018?  Based on past history and what I have read on here, Kirby will make it to the semi's and lose and Guy will win the tournament.  County Line, Nevada, Marvell, Shirley, Omaha, etc all appear to have good teams, some have better coaching than others, some more talented than others, some more disciplined than others, and they have a shot at joining Kirby and Guy in the final four.  Some of which may be playing guys who have been together since 6th grade, some may have junior and senior move-ins.  Right now, the way the rules are, it won't really matter...all that matters is the team that they put on the floor, and most folks only remember the champion...a few remember the runner-up.  So, I say, let it play out, Guy wins and everybody goes home.  As an aside, I just wonder how many move-ins, Parkdale, Carthage, McNeil, Violet Hill, Viola, Delight, Saratoga, Greers Ferry, Emerson, Viola, etc had in the years they were champions........

SackAttack

Hand up !! me me me me pick me!! Answer is zero and only us basketball purists and do right guys get it!!

ErnestTBass

Quote from: thebigman3 on November 09, 2017, 04:15:26 pm
No no I wasn't talking about you I was trying to ascertain (pronounced rear- certane)whether Sack Attack was speaking in factual terms! I'll get to you later! I wanted the opinions of other informed posters on this subject as I find it fascinating!. Great debate! Don't be so defensive for it ruins your stance and argument! IF Hutch cheated in any form in the past then he deserved to pay the price! IF he's cheating now and bending rules then he deserves to be busted again! That is only fair according to fair play and rules enforcement! And I'm pretty positive there's a track record that speaks loudly to bending the rules and at least in two cases breaking them! Again don't get defensive for it ruins your stance! HF where are you?

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: thebigman3 on November 09, 2017, 05:02:57 pm
I didn't ask you.
sometimes it's hard to log in on the right account Bigman

HorseFeathers

Quote from: ErnestTBass on November 09, 2017, 05:24:19 pm
No no I wasn't talking about you I was trying to ascertain (pronounced rear- certane)whether Sack Attack was speaking in factual terms! I'll get to you later! I wanted the opinions of other informed posters on this subject as I find it fascinating!. Great debate! Don't be so defensive for it ruins your stance and argument! IF Hutch cheated in any form in the past then he deserved to pay the price! IF he's cheating now and bending rules then he deserves to be busted again! That is only fair according to fair play and rules enforcement! And I'm pretty positive there's a track record that speaks loudly to bending the rules and at least in two cases breaking them! Again don't get defensive for it ruins your stance! HF where are you?

Shhhh..... Gunsmoke is on

Hero of Twin Groves

There have been times over the years that I have been surprised we made it through. Hutch always comes out smelling like roses though.

Backboard Shattered

Quote from: Hero of Twin Groves on November 09, 2017, 05:56:10 pm
There have been times over the years that I have been surprised we made it through. Hutch always comes out smelling like roses though.
I believe Hutch understands the game and is great at getting kids to move in.  I agree with earlier post without kids moving in he might have 2-3 rings.  At least a few teams over the years done it the right way!  Loyalty is special

thebigman3

Quote from: ErnestTBass on November 09, 2017, 05:24:19 pm
I wasn't getting defensive. I can see how someone reading that would think that. But I just want you to speak and not Sack bc I cannot stand him any longer. And if y'all are just so sure he's cheating this why don't you just turn him in and see what happens? Nothing will happen. Call again next year.

SackAttack

Quote from: Hero of Twin Groves on November 09, 2017, 05:56:10 pm
Whats up neighbor?Can you please return my chainsaw! Did y'all ever get all that pasture bush hogged? We gotta get together and get to a few games! Ill buy the beverages! I wouldn't call it smelling like roses but yeah it does smell!

riccoar

In a couple years, GFWS will have a boy's team to talk about.  I believe Guy got to see them earlier this year.  The Junior Boy's team, to my knowledge have yet to be defeated.  Beat Quitman by 46.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: riccoar on November 10, 2017, 11:02:48 am
In a couple years, GFWS will have a boy's team to talk about.  I believe Guy got to see them earlier this year.  The Junior Boy's team, to my knowledge have yet to be defeated.  Beat Quitman by 46.
Hutch just might have to stay to get a few of their boys

NWA Hawg

Quote from: riccoar on November 10, 2017, 11:02:48 am

How many game have they played? Like 4 or 5?

Neckred

What do you do if you have a kid who loves basketball but the coach is incompetent and doesn't care?  I've seen this a lot when kids move.  Don't blame them at all. 

SackAttack

lineman76

Quote from: Neckred on November 10, 2017, 01:51:28 pm
What do you do if you have a kid who loves basketball but the coach is incompetent and doesn't care?  I've seen this a lot when kids move.  Don't blame them at all.
it shouldn't matter a kid should play in the district his family lives in unless his parents teach at a different school district. Moving around to get a better team should not be allowed but the AAA still allows it so some teams are going to take advantage of it.

HorseFeathers

Most quit

NWA Hawg

Yeah! blame the coaches! Everyone knows they don't put Johnny in the right spot to be successful.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: fann07 on November 10, 2017, 05:38:35 pm
Yeah! blame the coaches! Everyone knows they don't put Johnny in the right spot to be successful.
You surely can't rhink every coach out their knows exactly what they're doing? Some aren't great fits, some make dumb decisions. I saw an Oden coach call 5 time outs in the first 3 minutes... Hes no longer employed there, but he obviously was making great decisions lol

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: lineman76 on November 10, 2017, 04:12:22 pm
it shouldn't matter a kid should play in the district his family lives in unless his parents teach at a different school district. Moving around to get a better team should not be allowed but the AAA still allows it so some teams are going to take advantage of it.
+83

Eagle_Mom_2

Tribe story once say...big man eat big crow.

So far, I've not seen or heard from big man following the game last night.

What do you call the father of a godfather?

thebigman3

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on November 11, 2017, 09:38:13 am
Tribe story once say...big man eat big crow.

So far, I've not seen or heard from big man following the game last night.

What do you call the father of a godfather?
Sorry I don't live on this site. Like I told Backboard. It's a busy day. First day of deer season and Razorbacks are playing LSU.

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: thebigman3 on November 11, 2017, 12:45:53 pm
Sorry I don't live on this site. Like I told Backboard. It's a busy day. First day of deer season and Razorbacks are playing LSU.

Big man, you know I'm just kidding with you. Woo Piggies

SackAttack

Did y'all see my other post? Guy getting another move in! Out of state. Very very reliable source. This lady knows everybody and everything that goes on over there. But at least this is most likely legit. After his football season is over!

thebigman3

Quote from: SackAttack on November 11, 2017, 04:14:23 pm
Did y'all see my other post? Guy getting another move in! Out of state. Very very reliable source. This lady knows everybody and everything that goes on over there. But at least this is most likely legit. After his football season is over!
Havent heard nothing on this. And i'm sure I would've. This small town likes to talk abt stuff like that.

SackAttack

Quote from: thebigman3 on November 11, 2017, 04:16:59 pm
Havent heard nothing on this. And i'm sure I would've. This small town likes to talk abt stuff like that.
better ask around then. this source is very reliable. maybe you aren't as high up as she is! Hutch might be trying to keep this one down low for a few more weeks

thebigman3

Quote from: SackAttack on November 11, 2017, 04:37:28 pm
better ask around then. this source is very reliable. maybe you aren't as high up as she is! Hutch might be trying to keep this one down low for a few more weeks
I don't think he goes on a mission out of state to get players😂

SackAttack

Quote from: thebigman3 on November 11, 2017, 04:51:01 pm
I don't think he goes on a mission out of state to get players😂
Laugh all you want there! This one is legit unlike the others! This one is coming free will. Probably even won't have to rent one of the trailer houses! How is it that Im more in the loop than you are. Perhaps I do really live close by. But believe whatever you want. Tell him hero of Twin Groves! Go on and tell him

Ramrod

Quote from: SackAttack on November 11, 2017, 05:09:43 pm
Laugh all you want there! This one is legit unlike the others! This one is coming free will. Probably even won't have to rent one of the trailer houses! How is it that Im more in the loop than you are. Perhaps I do really live close by. But believe whatever you want. Tell him hero of Twin Groves! Go on and tell him

You litterally are just trying to Start stuff at this point. There is no move ins going to guy everyone would know by now. Not a single person does so how about you go back to "reliable" source you say you have and tell them they just need to keep their mouths shut about things they dont actually know.

Backboard Shattered

Quote from: Ramrod on November 11, 2017, 07:09:35 pm
You litterally are just trying to Start stuff at this point. There is no move ins going to guy everyone would know by now. Not a single person does so how about you go back to "reliable" source you say you have and tell them they just need to keep their mouths shut about things they dont actually know.
I believe he was saying this move in was going to be a legit move in.  Like wasn't cheating like all the other move ins. Don't think he meant it bad

Ramrod

Quote from: Backboard Shattered on November 11, 2017, 08:35:58 pm
I believe he was saying this move in was going to be a legit move in.  Like wasn't cheating like all the other move ins. Don't think he meant it bad

But guy still isn't getting any move ins though.

thebigman3

Quote from: SackAttack on November 11, 2017, 05:09:43 pm
Trust me... I'm very in the loop of all things Guy-Perkins.

Backboard Shattered

Quote from: thebigman3 on November 12, 2017, 01:52:30 am
Trust me... I'm very in the loop of all things Guy-Perkins.
And enjoys breakfast from manly women!  How many move ins has Guy had the last 3 Years?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas