• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas vs Texas A&M

Started by Paw-Paw, September 20, 2016, 12:07:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bdubyab60

How come our defense is the one that looks tired. Shouldn't be. They only been out there for about a quarter

bdubyab60

For serious. We have doubled their time of possession how is our defense tired.

OB11

Serious question...Allen got crushed about 3 plays in a row and your next play call is a designed qb run?

VHSCoach2

Offensive line has been hot garbage tonight.

Allen is tough as nails.

bdubyab60

Line has got to step it up for sure. Allen can get the job done. But we have got to be able to score when we are inside the 5 yard line. No excuse for it.

LRRandy

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on September 24, 2016, 11:50:53 pm
Offensive line has been hot garbage tonight.

Allen is tough as nails.
ya really have to respect and admire Allens toughness. Agree about Oline. Exposed is an understatement.

ricepig

Too many mistakes that cost us points, and of course the goal line failures. Fortunately, we get Alcorn St next week and hopefully Austin just hands the ball off about 10-15 times in the first half and sits the second half. We should have been up 10 points, minimum at half. Still a lot of football to be played, we weren't winning the NC, anyway, haha.

LRRandy

Quote from: ricepig on September 25, 2016, 12:05:58 am
Too many mistakes that cost us points, and of course the goal line failures. Fortunately, we get Alcorn St next week and hopefully Austin just hands the ball off about 10-15 times in the first half and sits the second half. We should have been up 10 points, minimum at half. Still a lot of football to be played, we weren't winning the NC, anyway, haha.
agree. I told my disappointed wife that only having one loss coming out of this game is better than the three they had last year. ( before you go there rice, she is disappointed in her hogs losing ).

bigworm

No excuse for 2 trips first and goal inside the 2 without a td. No 2nd half adjustments would be an understatement too. Enos play calling is suspect but that line has to cowboy up when we are in there that close.

Kind of scary to me though when I think about the lack of adjustments against tcu as well as this game. We got lucky to beat them. Same story here. Tale of 2 halves. But the aggies made us pay. Oh well, there's always track.

ricepig

Quote from: bigworm on September 25, 2016, 12:31:35 am
No excuse for 2 trips first and goal inside the 2 without a td. No 2nd half adjustments would be an understatement too. Enos play calling is suspect but that line has to cowboy up when we are in there that close.

Kind of scary to me though when I think about the lack of adjustments against tcu as well as this game. We got lucky to beat them. Same story here. Tale of 2 halves. But the aggies made us pay. Oh well, there's always track.

Ok coach, what adjustments would you have made?

ricepig

Well Valley, you got lucky on the score, lol. Too many mistakes by Arkansas, and left too many points on the field. I had suspected we would need to play a mistake free game for the most part, we didn't, and we lost. aTm might have the defense to win 10 games this year, I'm not sure if they have the QB too. I don't expect him to be able to run like that on Bama, the rest of their big conference games will be shoot outs with OM and Tenn.

LRRandy

Quote from: ricepig on September 25, 2016, 01:22:11 pm
Well Valley, you got lucky on the score, lol. Too many mistakes by Arkansas, and left too many points on the field. I had suspected we would need to play a mistake free game for the most part, we didn't, and we lost. aTm might have the defense to win 10 games this year, I'm not sure if they have the QB too. I don't expect him to be able to run like that on Bama, the rest of their big conference games will be shoot outs with OM and Tenn.
those gaping holes in the middle won't be there against a defense with fast athletic linebackers. Ellis is a good MLB but if the play is not downhill for him he struggles.

ricepig

Quote from: LRRandy on September 25, 2016, 01:38:18 pm
those gaping holes in the middle won't be there against a defense with fast athletic linebackers. Ellis is a good MLB but if the play is not downhill for him he struggles.

Well, he wasn't actually the problem on the two QB TD's, he followed the RB in motion out of the backfield and no one was home. It was a poor scheme to have the MLB leave, and your two safeties lined up outside the hash marks, good by aTm, bad by Arkansas.

zebradynasty

The reason we struggle against teams like Bama and A&M is because they have more talent. The margin of error is thin when you play them. You can't make mistakes even if we can make them make mistakes we still are at a disadvantage because they can out athlete us when all else fails. Not saying it's impossible to beat them just we have to play flawless the problem with that is when your opponent has more talent...you tend to make more mistakes. Last night we made too many mistakes. :-\

Valleysports

Quote from: ricepig on September 25, 2016, 01:22:11 pm

What? You don't think I scientifically calculated 41-24? Just trying to post from an unbiased viewpoint rice. Even in post game, Hog Fans only see their own mistakes.  A&M kept several Hog 3rd n longs alive, when A&M DB #1, held, interfered, was penalized repeatedly.  Kirk fumbled the first punt return (7 point spot for Hogs).  A&M drove the field (way fast) then fumbled a bad snap on the goal line, dropped some critical passes. Just saying A&M missed many opportunities as well.  That's football and it was a great game.  However, like I posted early on, same as last year, then comes the 4th qtr..  I was pointing out how A&M was resting/rotating players, speeding up the tempo in the 3rd qtr, for the grand finally. Every Hog Fan should be extremely proud of Austin Allen!!!

Predict Arkansas will run rule Alcorn State.  Can I come back now?

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on September 25, 2016, 04:12:15 pm
What? You don't think I scientifically calculated 41-24? Just trying to post from an unbiased viewpoint rice. Even in post game, Hog Fans only see their own mistakes.  A&M kept several Hog 3rd n longs alive, when A&M DB #1, held, interfered, was penalized repeatedly.  Kirk fumbled the first punt return (7 point spot for Hogs).  A&M drove the field (way fast) then fumbled a bad snap on the goal line, dropped some critical passes. Just saying A&M missed many opportunities as well.  That's football and it was a great game.  However, like I posted early on, same as last year, then comes the 4th qtr..  I was pointing out how A&M was resting/rotating players, speeding up the tempo in the 3rd qtr, for the grand finally. Every Hog Fan should be extremely proud of Austin Allen!!!

Predict Arkansas will run rule Alcorn State.  Can I come back now?

Nope, I banish you to the UCA board!

bigworm

Quote from: ricepig on September 25, 2016, 08:24:29 am
Ok coach, what adjustments would you have made?

Score and stop them from scoring. Haha. Play action on first down. Keep a spy on QB. That alone is enough. You said it in earlier post. Ellis left with Rb. Gotta have a backer per man in backfield. Not rocket science............for most folks anyway.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: bigworm on September 25, 2016, 05:42:29 pm
Score and stop them from scoring. Haha. Play action on first down. Keep a spy on QB. That alone is enough. You said it in earlier post. Ellis left with Rb. Gotta have a backer per man in backfield. Not rocket science............for most folks anyway.

When playing in Nickle... You usually only have two LBs. That's what happened. We have no depth at LB apparently for brooks and greenlaw played the entire game.

ricepig

Quote from: bigworm on September 25, 2016, 05:42:29 pm

Actually, our d line was to keep him in the pocket and prevent him from running, they let the influence blocks from the guards take their rush towards the outside, and that opened the door. The fact that the safeties were lined up outside the hash marks didn't help either.

ricepig

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on September 25, 2016, 08:18:53 pm
When playing in Nickle... You usually only have two LBs. That's what happened. We have no depth at LB apparently for brooks and greenlaw played the entire game.

Our defense shouldn't have been tired, our offense had the ball all night. They only played around 60 snaps?

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: ricepig on September 25, 2016, 08:26:14 pm
Our defense shouldn't have been tired, our offense had the ball all night. They only played around 60 snaps?

You're right. They shouldn't have been. But apparently they were.

bigworm

Quote from: ricepig on September 25, 2016, 08:23:20 pm
Actually, our d line was to keep him in the pocket and prevent him from running, they let the influence blocks from the guards take their rush towards the outside, and that opened the door. The fact that the safeties were lined up outside the hash marks didn't help either.

Well then we were outnumbered and doomed to lose that particular down. Even more validation.

Valleysports

Quote from: Valleysports on September 23, 2016, 09:12:43 am
We are on opposite ends, at this time.  My point on Auburn & Ole Miss is, they're better than perceived and are on the up swing of a learning curve.

Quote from: Valleysports on September 18, 2016, 09:35:54 pm
So where are we?  Notre Dame, TCU, Texas, Oklahoma.  This all started with Notre Dame giving a wanna be conference false hope!  Ha ha.

Can't believe TCU #21, Texas #22, are still ranked.  But it's catching up - look who's suddenly ranked #16 (with a 2-2 record), Ole Miss.  I hope an SEC West team is still standing after the upcoming conference battles.

bfp

Quote from: ricepig on September 22, 2016, 10:04:37 am
You need to quit hanging around Aggies......
I am an Aggie Class of 88, but haven't had a chance lately to post much. Not enough hours in the day, but I am enjoying this current stretch of victories over the piggies.  GIG'EM AGGIES! WHOOP!

ricepig

Quote from: bfp on October 01, 2016, 07:00:56 am
I am an Aggie Class of 88, but haven't had a chance lately to post much. Not enough hours in the day, but I am enjoying this current stretch of victories over the piggies.  GIG'EM AGGIES! WHOOP!

I'm about as 10 years older, I'm used to beating the Aggies. I suspect you'll now go on your downward spiral.

bfp

Quote from: ricepig on October 01, 2016, 07:47:11 am
I'm about as 10 years older, I'm used to beating the Aggies. I suspect you'll now go on your downward spiral.
My first trip to Arkansas was fall of 1984. We got whipped 28 to 0 in 32 degree weather with freezing rain. Thought I had one more trip to Arkansas and that I would never be back. Then I  was offered a job in Fort Smith and took it. Been here 26 years and love living outside of Fort Smith in a small town.

ricepig

Quote from: bfp on October 01, 2016, 12:20:52 pm
My first trip to Arkansas was fall of 1984. We got whipped 28 to 0 in 32 degree weather with freezing rain. Thought I had one more trip to Arkansas and that I would never be back. Then I  was offered a job in Fort Smith and took it. Been here 26 years and love living outside of Fort Smith in a small town.

Glad you stayed, it's all in fun. I'm just sick of losing too you, haha.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas