• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5A ALL-STATE 2016

Started by Brian G, December 13, 2016, 09:59:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian G

5A East

DE Blake Franks Batesville
FB Joel Parker Batesville
RB/WR Kylan Robinson Batesville
OG Peyton Tovey Batesville
RB Demekko Clark Blytheville
OL Larry Clark Blytheville
LB Malik Smith Blytheville
LB Jared Davis Forrest City
TB Kendriel Johnson Forrest City
WR Tarjan Norment Forrest City
RB/DB Kobe Brown Greene County Tech
LB Michael Brown Nettleton
K/P Ethan Edgar Nettleton
LB Terrian Neal Nettleton
QB Zac Hoggard Paragould
DR Quinn Turner Valley View
QB Joseph Waleszonia Valley View
QB Luke Chapman Wynne
RB/DL Ta'Von Hicks Wynne
LB Marterious Daniel Wynne
DE Logan Jessup Wynne
DB/RB Jaylen McDaniel Wynne
OL Erik South Wynne

5A Central

RB/S Taylor Boyce Beebe
DT/OG Hunter Newman Beebe
RB/DB Khlailk Brazle JA Fair
K Jose Rivera JA Fair
WR Henley Bland Little Rock Christian
RB Ladarius Burnes Little Rock Christian
WR/LB Austin Guymon Little Rock Christian
RB Pierre Strong McClellan
LB Ma'Laizh Surrell McClellan
OL/EL Raoshun Young McClellan
Rb/LB Brandon Bunting Mills University Studies
DE/TE Greg Patillo Mills University Studies
FS/WR Odies Wilson III Parkview
DL Cameron Fonseca Pulaski Academy
QB Layne Hatcher Pulaski Academy
DB Hayden Henry Pulaski Academy
OL Seth Martin Pulaski Academy
LB Brooks Walton Pulaski Academy
RB Jaren Watkins Pulaski Academy
DE Andre Collins Sylvan Hills
LB Ty Compton Sylvan Hills
QB Jordan Washington Sylvan Hills
TB Deon Youngblood Sylvan Hills

2016 All State Football
5A West

QB Noah Dotson Alma
DB Brayden Harris Alma
LB Garrison Jensen Alma
WR Brayden Johnson Alma
LB Jaedon Mitchell Alma
C/DT Chuy Jimerez Clarksville
OL Tanner Barnes Farmington
S/REC Grant Brown Greenbrier
QB Carter Burcham Greenbrier
OL/DL Kyle Hershberger-Walker Greenbrier
WR Alex Massey Greenbrier
DL Jimmy Stroud Greenbrier
QB/FS Noah Ditmanson Harrison
LB Mason Martin Harrison
WR/DB Daniel McCormick Harrison
LB Spencer Simpson Maumelle
AB Caleb Canady Morrilton
DB Laken Dillard Morrilton
WB Deionte Duncan Morrilton
LB/FB Lane Granberry Morrilton
WR Grahm Heidenreich Morrilton
C Matt Foster Vilonia
LB Nick Gentry Vilonia

5A South

RB Chris Hargraves Camden Fairview
TE Jonathon McCoy Camden Fairview
OL Tristan Sniper De Queen
K Eric Guadron Hot Springs
WR Caleb Dean Lakeside/Hot Springs
OL/DL Ethan Eye Lakeside/Hot Springs
LB Jack Hill Lakeside/Hot Springs
DL Zyquon Russell Lakeside/Hot Springs
RB Dupree Swanson Lakeside/Hot Springs
LB T'Kobe McDonald Magnolia
QB/S Parker RIbble Magnolia
RB Kaydon Roach Magnolia
C Patrick Case Watson Chapel
WR/QB JaQuan Dorsey Watson Chapel
CB/WR Jonathan Harris Watson Chapel
S Michael Williams Watson Chapel
C Justin Johnson White Hall
DE Christian Lowery White Hall
RB/DE Montrel Roberson White Hall
OT Coltan Rogers White Hall
RB Lance Smith White Hall
WR/S Jon Speers White Hall
QB Cameron Walden White Hall

This list is cut/paste from AAA.  Please let us know if any names are wrong.

PA Dad

Congrats to all of these outstanding young men.  I didn't get to see nearly all of them play, but the ones I saw greatly deserved the honor.

STBruin

Does anyone know how they do the voting for All-State?

Maynard G Krebs

Not sure how accurate my understanding of the process is, but it was like this in my high school days and it may have changed:  there is x number of all conference selections, and on your conference standing based on W-L record, each team gets an assigned number of slots.  For example, the last team in the conference may get only 2 all conference selections and the first team in the conference may get 8 selections.  To get all state, you have to be all conference and a similar system is in place with obviously the further you go in the playoffs, the more selections a team gets.

Players are nominated by their repective coaches and voted on by the coaches in the conference.

I may be way off base on this.  Hopefully someone in the know will better explain the process.

STBruin

December 15, 2016, 01:31:57 pm #4 Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 03:15:44 pm by STBruin
That would make sense for All-Conference...but this is ALL-STATE...Should be the best of the best

MDXPHD

Maynard, that's pretty much how it happens.

nuttinbuthogs

Quote from: STBruin on December 15, 2016, 01:31:57 pm
That would make sense for All-Conference...but this is ALL-STATE...Should be the best of the best
What would you suggest?

Iknewthemwhen

Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on December 19, 2016, 05:45:19 pm
What would you suggest?

Here's a suggestion. You might try more players off teams that did well in the state playoff?

STBruin

To me All-State should be an achievement not a participation award...for the most part teams that are 0-10, 1-9 or 2-8 shouldn't have any one on the All-State team much less 2.

Brian G

Quote from: STBruin on December 19, 2016, 08:39:31 pm
To me All-State should be an achievement not a participation award...for the most part teams that are 0-10, 1-9 or 2-8 shouldn't have any one on the All-State team much less 2.
Really?

Seems to imply something sinister.  If you're the best, you're the best. 

Youngsta71701

Quote from: B.G. on December 19, 2016, 09:46:19 pm
Really?

For example...Chris Hargraves from Camden would have been a beast at RB, LB, or Safety for any team in the state this year. Just didn't have as much help around him than others.

DuckyDon

Quote from: B.G. on December 19, 2016, 09:46:19 pm
Really?

Well you have 11 QBs listed and only 13 WRs, which to me seems like an overload of QBs.

From Maxpreps...if you pull up the Top 10 WRs in the state of Arkansas...4 of the Top 10 dont make the cut, with the #1 WR in state being left out. #1, 6, 9, 10 all dont make it...and a kid who was obviously hurt with only 6 receptions making it. I will say that LRCA and LR Parkview DO NOT have their stats listed on MaxPreps, but from the 3 LRCA games I saw...Bland was the only one who should be All-State. Feel free to pull up the stats on MaxPreps, I just looked at the WRs when I saw the disproportionate amount of QBs to WRs.

Brian G

Coaches in the conference pick.

Simple as that.

Suggest a better way.

Iknewthemwhen

Do you think that the votes may be politicized?

Brian G

I think each coach has the same number of votes.

Iknewthemwhen

December 21, 2016, 03:27:36 pm #15 Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 11:29:34 am by Iknewthemwhen
Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on December 15, 2016, 11:48:53 am
Not sure how accurate my understanding of the process is, but it was like this in my high school days and it may have changed:  there is x number of all conference selections, and on your conference standing based on W-L record, each team gets an assigned number of slots.  For example, the last team in the conference may get only 2 all conference selections and the first team in the conference may get 8 selections.  To get all state, you have to be all conference and a similar system is in place with obviously the further you go in the playoffs, the more selections a team gets.

So I reread this thread, and particularly looked at the number of all state players from each school.  The school that got the most all state players went winless in the state playoffs?  Does that make sense?

Players are nominated by their repective coaches and voted on by the coaches in the conference.

I may be way off base on this.  Hopefully someone in the know will better explain the process.

STBruin

Has to be political! Think when they vote it should be for 1 position. And maybe have a set number of selections per position. Do like you see in some other states, 1st Team, 2nd Team and honorable mention. To have as many QBs as you do WRs or RBs is strange when you only have 1QB on the field and most teams play with multiple RBs and WRs...

MDXPHD

Quote from: STBruin on December 22, 2016, 11:17:19 am
Has to be political! Think when they vote it should be for 1 position. And maybe have a set number of selections per position. Do like you see in some other states, 1st Team, 2nd Team and honorable mention. To have as many QBs as you do WRs or RBs is strange when you only have 1QB on the field and most teams play with multiple RBs and WRs...

The gazette and other media outlets will have a first team and second team. This is just all state...completely different.

Iknewthemwhen

A team with 7 all state players should not get beaten in the 1st round.  So maybe the vote should be after the playoffs?

MDXPHD

Quote from: Iknewthemwhen on December 22, 2016, 11:31:25 am
A team with 7 all state players should not get beaten in the 1st round.  So maybe the vote should be after the playoffs?
All state has been around quite a while. It's pretty much meaningless. All state has nothing to do with whether a player is actually the best in the state.

Oldbadger

December 22, 2016, 12:06:09 pm #20 Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 12:08:28 pm by Oldbadger
Take a look at these two links (I hope they work) if you want to see two different All State selections that choose according to position and across all classifications:  https://arkansasvarsity.rivals.com/news/2016-all-arkansasvarsity-teams  and  http://www.arkansasnextlevel.com/2016-ar-next-all-state-teams/  .

Iknewthemwhen

Quote from: MDXPHD on December 22, 2016, 11:56:12 am
All state has been around quite a while. It's pretty much meaningless. All state has nothing to do with whether a player is actually the best in the state.

What you say may or may not be true.  It is the kids we are trying to be fair too!  I'm sure every coach and fan thinks their kids are worthy, but they should evaluate the job and the results when they tag a player "All State". 

wynnefootballfan

I was talking to a friend of mine that played high school ball in Wyoming in the 80's. He said that the coaches would meet after the season for a luncheon. They would nominate and vote on All Conference before lunch and All State after lunch. There was a 1st team, 2nd team and honorable mention for both offense and defense. There were no certain number of spots for a particular team.

I like this. It should be that way now.. I miss Friday nights already.

STBruin

Quote from: wynnefootballfan on December 22, 2016, 01:11:52 pm
I was talking to a friend of mine that played high school ball in Wyoming in the 80's. He said that the coaches would meet after the season for a luncheon. They would nominate and vote on All Conference before lunch and All State after lunch. There was a 1st team, 2nd team and honorable mention for both offense and defense. There were no certain number of spots for a particular team.

I like this. It should be that way now.. I miss Friday nights already.

Dont know about how the coaches voted on it, but I grew up in Texas and that is how the All-District and All-State teams were done...1st team, 2nd team and honorable mention for both. They even showed on the teams Unanimous if every coach voted for you.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas