• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

East vs. West

Started by Downnotout, March 05, 2014, 07:07:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Downnotout

I thought some actual dialogue about the games would be a nice change.
First match up: Clarksville vs Beebe. I think Beebe will just be out gunned in this one. Beebe is well coached but truth is they don't have enough horses this year.

Second: Harrison vs Paragould. This has the makings of a good game. Paragould gets the edge inside but I'm not sure Paragould can stop #2? I believe that's his #.

Third: Morrilton vs GCT. I'm gonna be a homer and believe my Eagles will win, but this is no easy task. This is one of the few games we will have had an height advantage. Morrilton is not very tall but man are they quick. Even the round left handed kid has quick feet. If Tech can handle the jump and keep them from driving, I like our chances.

Fourth: Alma vs Forrest City. I'm gonna out on a limb and say FC rolls. They play a lot like Morrilton, but with two huge bodies protecting the rim and dominating the boards. Now over the years I have great respect for the Alma program. Very will coached. Can't completely count them out of any game.

DogsWin7

Nice job.  Have you seen all these teams play in order to make this assessment??

I do think Alma and Harrison will win.

AT

March 05, 2014, 08:44:05 pm #2 Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 09:50:06 pm by Almatrackster
Good write ups.

I won't comment on the FC vs. Alma game because of obvious bias:

Clarksville vs. Beebe - Clarksville should roll in this one. Unless FC is JUST THAT GOOD, Beebe got killed by the one seed FC both times they played them and I have a hard time believing FC is just that much better than Cville.

Morrilton vs. Greene County Tech - If Motown plays like they did against Harrison, GCT will have a chance. I imagine the Devil Dogs won't play like that since it's lose and you're done. Morrilton could roll, but if they don't I expect them to find a way to win anyways.

Paragould vs. Harrison - My 2nd most anticipated game of the 1st round after the Alma one. Downnotout, you are talking about the junior Silas Huskey. I've seen tape of Paragould and I think they can keep up with Harrison but the Gobs are the slight favorites.

Downnotout

I have seen them all. Mostly on film. I did catch Clarksville at Huricane Classic and I went to Morrilton last Friday

Go Postal

March 05, 2014, 09:47:48 pm #4 Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 10:01:03 pm by Go Postal
Quote from: Downnotout on March 05, 2014, 07:07:56 pm
I thought some actual dialogue about the games would be a nice change.
First match up: Clarksville vs Beebe. I think Beebe will just be out gunned in this one. Beebe is well coached but truth is they don't have enough horses this year.

Second: Harrison vs Paragould. This has the makings of a good game. Paragould gets the edge inside but I'm not sure Paragould can stop #2? I believe that's his #.

Third: Morrilton vs GCT. I'm gonna be a homer and believe my Eagles will win, but this is no easy task. This is one of the few games we will have had an height advantage. Morrilton is not very tall but man are they quick. Even the round left handed kid has quick feet. If Tech can handle the jump and keep them from driving, I like our chances.

Fourth: Alma vs Forrest City. I'm gonna out on a limb and say FC rolls. They play a lot like Morrilton, but with two huge bodies protecting the rim and dominating the boards. Now over the years I have great respect for the Alma program. Very will coached. Can't completely count them out of any game.

Quote from: Almatrackster on March 05, 2014, 08:44:05 pm
Good write ups.

I won't comment on the FC vs. Alma game because of obvious bias:

Clarksville vs. Beebe - Clarksville should roll in this one. Unless FC is JUST THAT GOOD, they got killed by the one seed FC both times they played them and I have a hard time believing FC is just that much better than Cville.

Morrilton vs. Greene County Tech - If Motown plays like they did against Harrison, GCT will have a chance. I imagine the Devil Dogs won't play like that since it's lose and you're done. Morrilton could roll, but if they don't I expect them to find a way to win anyways.

Paragould vs. Harrison - My 2nd most anticipated game of the 1st round after the Alma one. Downnotout, you are talking about the junior Silas Huskey. I've seen tape of Paragould and I think they can keep up with Harrison but the Gobs are the slight favorites.
Clarksville will surprise any team, other than from the West.  I think that Motown's worst game was the last game at Harrison.  Alma and Harrison have played against these two great teams and they should have a good chance in the playoffs.  BTW, Harrison's Freshman is doing pretty well along with our Seniors, Juniors and Sopomores.

Not to brag, but remember last year when the West had 3 teams in the semis?

Good Luck to all teams this season, may the best team win!

hogwild29

Not to brag you see who won last year central beat the west

PilotKnob

I'm gong down for the 3A tournament in Charleston but we've decided to head 40 minutes up the road to Alma for the 5A today. Are there any D1 prospects in Boys or Gilrs in 5a other than the Forrest City big who's going to Arkansas? Any other boys? What about girls? Last year's tourney had Jessica Jackson. This year? I hear Paragould has a possible D1 in girls. Any other can't miss players?

AT

Quote from: hogwild29 on March 06, 2014, 07:33:27 am
Not to brag you see who won last year central beat the west

The West was 3-1 vs. the Central in the 1st round. A Central team won state, though.

AT

March 06, 2014, 11:09:36 am #8 Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 11:15:39 am by Almatrackster
Quote from: PilotKnob on March 06, 2014, 08:32:31 am
I'm gong down for the 3A tournament in Charleston but we've decided to head 40 minutes up the road to Alma for the 5A today. Are there any D1 prospects in Boys or Gilrs in 5a other than the Forrest City big who's going to Arkansas? Any other boys? What about girls? Last year's tourney had Jessica Jackson. This year? I hear Paragould has a possible D1 in girls. Any other can't miss players?

The Clarksville boys have twins (Kendrick Lee and Freddy Lee) who can play and would probably get some D1 offers if they weren't 5' 6". Their height doesn't stop them, though. They also have a big kid and a rangy forward. All of those are seniors, but they also have a freshmen who starts who is pretty good.

godeep

What great match ups across the board. Clarksville should roll. Paragould/Harrison GCT/Morrilton are both toss ups. FC has great respect for Alma and is approaching this with caution. Either conference go 3-1 I wouldn't be suprised.

AB™

March 06, 2014, 07:33:41 pm #10 Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 07:44:45 pm by AB™
Forrest City may be two and done again this year.  Remember a few years ago they came to Alma as the East one-seed (I think) and nearly got upset in the first round by a team that had no business staying on the court with them, then turned around lost in the second round anyway.  Same thing tonight.  Alma really had no business hanging with Forrest City but they dang near won the game.  Don't know who FC will draw in the second round but it won't surprise me if they lose. 

They've definitely got the talent to win state, though.  Maybe Alma just rode the momentum of playing at home, game planned for them well and it worked, Forrest City had an "off" game and/or overlooked Alma a little bit, etc.  They definitely have the talent to win it all, though.  Thompson is a big, strong kid with good feet and soft touch around the basket, so even if a team has players taller than 6'2"-6'3" to throw at him he won't be easy to stop.  He should've touched the ball a lot more tonight and still finished with an easy 27.

Go Postal

I thought that Alma did very good tonight.  Clarksville not the best.

backatyou

I believe Razorback coach was in the crowd also tonight.

godeep

Great tournament environment for FC/Alma game. Alma played good game n Thompson stepped up for FC. Almatracker called it. Tough opening round draw for any 1 seed.

Go Postal

Quote from: backatyou on March 06, 2014, 08:35:04 pm
I believe Razorback coach was in the crowd also tonight.
I thought I saw someone that looked like him also on the stream.

PercussionMan

Quote from: Downnotout on March 05, 2014, 08:53:09 pm
I have seen them all. Mostly on film. I did catch Clarksville at Huricane Classic and I went to Morrilton last Friday

Just FYI, Morrilton was not Morrilton in that game Friday night.  I just hope they show up to play in the tournament!

PercussionMan

Quote from: Almatrackster on March 05, 2014, 08:44:05 pm

That's what they've done mostly all year long...find a way to win.  They didn't do that last Friday at home against Harrison, but I hope they've got it figured out again for the tournament!

DogsWin7

Any thoughts on today games Downnotout??

I was just wondering if you had the chance to see some other teams play?   

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas