• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Discuss the Round 13 AND 14 games in the 5A West (Feb 25 and 28) here!

Started by sevenof400, February 23, 2014, 11:29:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

sevenof400

2/25 Boys Schedule                   2/28 Boys Schedule   
------------------------------     ------------------------------
Greenbrier @ Vilonia                 Vilonia @ Shiloh       
Shiloh @ Alma                         Alma @ Greenbrier
Huntsville @ Harrison               Harrison @ Morrilton
Morrilton @ Clarksville             Clarksville @ Huntsville

2 games to play, 2 playing dates left, let's throw it all together. 

At this point in some seasons, there has not been a lot left to play for.  A little more intrigue remains this year than in most so lets enjoy the last two acts. 

On the boys side, the tale may be complete by late Tuesday (with all questions put to bed).  On the girls side, it appears we will need to have a lot of scoreboard watching on Friday evening.  It should be a fun end to the conference races this year. 

AT

Boys seeding scenarios after Tuesday's games:

Most likely scenario (in my humble opinion:)

Vilonia beats Greenbrier
Alma beats Shiloh
Harrison beats Huntsville
Clarksville beats Morrilton

That would leave us with

1. Clarksville 11-2
1. Morrilton 11-2
3. Alma 8-5
3. Harrison 8-5
5. Vilonia 7-6
6. Greenbrier 4-9
7. Shiloh 2-11
8. Huntsville 1-12

If Clarksville beat Morrilton by 4 or less, then seeds after Tuesday's games would be in this scenario:

1. Morrilton
2. Clarksville
3. Harrison
4. Alma

If Clarksville beat Morrilton by 5 or more, then seeds after Tuesday's games would be in this scenario:

1. Clarksville
2. Morrilton
3. Harrison
4. Alma

AT

Girls seeding scenarios after Tuesday's games:

Most likely scenario (again in my humble opinion):

Vilonia beats Greenbrier
Alma beats Shiloh
Huntsville beats Harrison (this is a tough one)
Morrilton beats Clarksville

Standings would be:

1. Vilonia 12-1
2. Huntsville 10-3
3. Harrison 8-5
4. Alma 7-6
4. Greenbrier 7-6
6. Morrilton 5-8
7. Shiloh 3-10
8. Clarskville 0-13

Seeds after Tuesday would be:

1. Vilonia
2. Huntsville
3. Harrison
4. Alma

Forrest City H

at first, I thought Alma girls would really need to be pulling hard for Vilonia to beat Greenbrier Tuesday - but this looks like that doesn't matter, and the Alma/Greenbrier girls winner Friday gets in, assuming Alma wins their game this Tuesday?

AT

Quote from: Forrest City H on February 23, 2014, 03:56:00 pm
at first, I thought Alma girls would really need to be pulling hard for Vilonia to beat Greenbrier Tuesday - but this looks like that doesn't matter, and the Alma/Greenbrier girls winner Friday gets in, assuming Alma wins their game this Tuesday?

Pretty much. Actually, if you want to make things really complicated, Alma might want to root for Greenbrier to beat Vilonia and then for Harrison to lose their next two games...

Because in the event of a 3-way tie, it's possible Alma could get the 3 seed, but that's unlikely to happen and not worth talking about right now.

Alma cannot have Greenbrier win and for them to lose Tuesday or the Airedalettes are out. If both teams win or if Alma wins and Greenbrier loses, winner take all on Friday.

Forrest City H

Vilonia girls have beaten Greenbrier twice this year, in a tournament and in the first conference game - but both games were only single-digit wins, and you just never know when these two match up. 

Go Postal

Huntsville @ Harrison girls game should be interesting being a local rivalry game.  I know that Huntsville beat Harrison in 1st half of the conference season at Huntsville, I could be wrong, but didn't Harrison beat Huntsville in preseason?  At Harrison?

Being a local rivalry game, the boy's game should be exciting also.  Harrison is favored to win, but anything can happen between rivals.  Golden Goblins really need this win, but I won't be surprised if the Eagles try to get an upset.

Luckly, these games will be played at the "Spook House". ;)

AT

Vilonia hoping for a Shiloh or Huntsville win. They'll take both. The Eagles have their biggest rival coming to town and you never can tell about that game in any sport, so they have to worry about taking care of business there first.

Alma HAS to come out with the same intensity they have against Vilonia and Morrilton for Shiloh. No game is a gimme in the 5A West this year for the Airedales and SC is actually on a 2 game winning streak. The Airedales also are rooting for a miracle in having Huntsville beating Harrison.

Alma does not want their playoff hopes hinging on Friday's games, they have to take care of business Tuesday.

Go Postal

Huntville or Shiloh, you never know.  Huntsville will bring it to this "rivalry" game at Harrison (boys or girls).  Shiloh has some great players, but not the depth.  Though both boys teams can't make the playoffs, these games could be an upset.

oldtimeeagle

wiseman3

Girls

Vilonia 34
Greenbrier 27

End of 3rd

It is really 25 but Vilonia's scorekeeper gave Greenbrier two points that they DID NOT score early in the quarter.

oldtimeeagle

Go Postal

Quote from: oldtimeeagle on February 25, 2014, 07:45:38 pm
Girls final in OT
Harrison 49
Huntsville 48
Wow, Oh, WOW!!!  Lady Goblins tied with Lady Eagles for 2nd seed.

Student section rushes the court on the win!

oldtimeeagle

Huntsville holds the tiebreaker points on Harrison and will be the #2 seed to the state tournament with a win over Clarksville Friday.

Go Postal

Go Postal

Quote from: oldtimeeagle on February 25, 2014, 08:03:55 pm
Huntsville holds the tiebreaker points on Harrison and will be the #2 seed to the state tournament with a win over Clarksville Friday.
True, but this win should solidify Lady Goblins at 3rd seed.

hasbeen03

Go Postal

PercussionMan

Quote from: Go Postal on February 25, 2014, 08:09:05 pm
Quote from: hasbeen03 on February 25, 2014, 08:07:05 pm
Morrilton boys lead Clarksville 38-33 at half.
I love this conference!!!

This has turned around completely in the 3rd quarter...Clarksville leads 62-47 early in 4th.

hasbeen03

Quote from: PercussionMan on February 25, 2014, 08:31:54 pm

This has turned around completely in the 3rd quarter...Clarksville leads 62-47 early in 4th.

27-6 third quarter. Heck of a run by Clarksville.

Elvis Hoggoblin

Shiloh Alma boys score?

PercussionMan

Quote from: hasbeen03 on February 25, 2014, 08:34:39 pm
Quote from: PercussionMan on February 25, 2014, 08:31:54 pm

27-6 third quarter. Heck of a run by Clarksville.

Yep. You can't let Clarksville run like that and expect to win.

Go Postal

Golden Goblins 34
Heagles 24
Half.

via txt from sevenof400

GB 45
V 38

end of 3rd.

Go Postal

via txt from seven

GB up 71-54 moments left.

and then final.

AT

Forrest City H

So Alma/Greenbrier girls is all that's left to decide for the standings?

Go Postal

Golden Goblins 67
Heagles 58

final.

I have to admit that Huntsville brought it to both girls/boys game.  But, on the other side, Goblins and Lady Goblins need to start making those FTs and layups to get far in the playoffs.  Congrats Golden Goblins and Lady Goblins.

Go Postal

Quote from: Almatrackster on February 25, 2014, 09:19:52 pm
Girls:

Alma 52
SC 38

FINAL

Boys

Alma 61
SC 43

FINAL
So it looks like that Clarksville/Morrilton are tied for 1st/2nd seed after 13 games.  Alma/Harrison boys are still tied for 3rd/4th seed after 13 games.  Fantastic.  Love this conference.  One game to go until the playoffs.  Good Luck to all teams!

AT

Quote from: Forrest City H on February 25, 2014, 09:26:33 pm
So Alma/Greenbrier girls is all that's left to decide for the standings?

Girls:

1 seed - Vilonia

2 seed - If Huntsville wins, they are the 2 seed. If Huntsville loses and Harrison wins, Harrison is the 2 seed.

3 seed - If Harrison wins/loses and Huntsville wins, Harrison is the 3 seed. If Harrison wins and Huntsville loses, Huntsville is the 3 seed.

4 seed - Winner of Alma-Greenbrier

Boys:

1 seed - If Clarksville wins, Clarksville is the 1 seed. If Clarksville loses and Morrilton wins, Morrilton is the 1 seed.

2 seed - If Morrilton wins/loses and Clarksville wins, Morrilton is the 2 seed. If Morrilton wins and Clarksville loses, Clarksville is the 2 seed.

3 seed - If Harrison wins, Harrison is the 3 seed. If Harrison loses and Alma wins, Alma is the 3 seed.

4 seed - If Alma wins/loses and Harrison wins, Alma is the 4 seed. If Alma wins and Harrison loses, Harrison is the 4 seed.

Go Postal

Nice writeup.  I wonder if any other conference is going through this going into week 14?

P.F.G.

ahsalum

Quote from: HackerHog on February 26, 2014, 12:37:36 am
I thought Greenbrier quit. Obviously they haven't. Alma is in for as big of fight as Gobs on Fri

Good. Don't want anyone rolling over for us.

sevenof400

Forrest City H

Greenbrier boys definitely have not quit - they looked like they wanted it more last night.  Seven, what is your analysis of what you saw? 

sevenof400

Quote from: Forrest City H on February 26, 2014, 09:50:53 am
Greenbrier boys definitely have not quit - they looked like they wanted it more last night.  Seven, what is your analysis of what you saw?

Ouch.

ahsalum

He FCH.......did the mods change your name or did you................I liked it much better when it was all there...Forrest City Ho

Hogskin

Looked like Vilonia is what they were Before the coaching change very below average with talent sitting on the bench

sevenof400

Quote from: Hogskin on February 26, 2014, 11:23:44 am
Looked like Vilonia is what they were Before the coaching change very below average with talent sitting on the bench

Check your eyeglass prescription.

Hogskin

7th in conf is not an improvement and Weaver and Stanley riding the pine is a joke. Outside of Wilkins the team was not very good but the seniors got to play so Parents are happy.

GB5Hoops

Last night was dominated by Greenbrier so don't take anything away from them after my next statement.

Vilonia's coach straight blew there entire season! He left three seniors in the game, for the entire first quarter just about, who have not played all season because it was senior night. Even throughout the game he continued to put in seniors who have nearly no experience and Vilonia was never able to click and make a big run. It was just not smart coaching in my opinion.

Forrest City H

Quote from: Steve Perry on February 26, 2014, 11:02:31 am

He FCH.......did the mods change your name or did you................I liked it much better when it was all there...Forrest City Ho

Steve, the moderators changed it!  I guess it was deemed that Forrest City Ho was offensive, not politically correct, or whatever....i originally picked the name to honor and rhyme with one of my favorite personalities from the Hogville message boards "Forrest City Joe". 

sevenof400

Quote from: Hogskin on February 26, 2014, 01:15:44 pm
7th in conf is not an improvement and Weaver and Stanley riding the pine is a joke. Outside of Wilkins the team was not very good but the seniors got to play so Parents are happy.

Are you tuned into the right channel? 

sevenof400

DogsWin7

Quote from: sevenof400 on February 26, 2014, 03:08:19 pm

Think it's dial-up??  :)

sevenof400

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on February 26, 2014, 06:17:16 pm

All possibilities are in play for sure, Diehard...  How are you doing today?

DogsWin7

Quote from: sevenof400 on February 26, 2014, 06:29:58 pm
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on February 26, 2014, 06:17:16 pm

All possibilities are in play for sure, Diehard...  How are you doing today?
I am okay seven....thank you for asking.:)

How are you?  :)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas